• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

very disappointed in you arctic cat guys

Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)
I beleive z bros do advertise their a-arms that have the bend to hem as being long travel compaired to stock, these exit shocks may be a little longer to acomidate them. but i'm not positive

I beleive z bros do advertise their a-arms that have the bend to hem as being long travel compaired to stock, these exit shocks may be a little longer to acomidate them. but i'm not positive

from their site:

Quick Overview
Chromoly construction insures increased strength and durability. Upper A arm is camber adjustable allowing for better cornering and sidehilling capabilities. This kit also includes new upper adjustable ball joint and new lower ball joint. Light weight high strength tie rods also included. This kit is a exact replacement width for 2012 model Proclimb chassis but also fits Procross chassis and older Proclimbs.

Looking at the pics, there's no bend to them like the M arms had, so they'd have the same travel assuming the mounting point is exactly where the stockers have it. (appears to be)

750v1101.jpg

The shocks also say nothing about longer travel, which if they were, you'd want to mention.

Keep in mind, longer travel has tradeoffs... I run them because I like it, but some folks wouldn't at all. It's got a pretty different feel, if it was "simply better", they'd come from the factory like that, my setup is just better FOR ME, that's all.

Oh btw, I'm pretty sure from my conversations with Kevin, that the Kmod doesn't have more travel, it just sits higher (keeping you out of the snow & increasing the angle of contact with the boards & bellypan) but the way it limits transfer, it also limits travel some. That's the only reason I didn't end up buying one (and that he didn't have a 141 at the time I was looking, but does now)

Holy he!!, sorry about the huge pic... it was much smaller on the site, I'll take it down. (found a smaller one)

Last edited:
It's not that I couldn't sidehill it, it was just a struggle! Obviously you've never rode an M with mech reverse one side of the sled weighs 30# more then the other! So watch who your calling inexperienced bub lol

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

Huh??
What's the reverse DD weigh compared to a regular one? 3-4lbs more? Put the factory can back on the right side of the sled and now you'll be lopsided the other way, haha.
When running down a mogul trail I can feel the L side is a little heavier with the Floats if I have them aired up the same, but a cpl more psi in the Floats or a couple cranks on the spring cures that.
In the powder, no diff, IMO.

Huh??
What's the reverse DD weigh compared to a regular one? 3-4lbs more? Put the factory can back on the right side of the sled and now you'll be lopsided the other way, haha.
When running down a mogul trail I can feel the L side is a little heavier with the Floats if I have them aired up the same, but a cpl more psi in the Floats or a couple cranks on the spring cures that.
In the powder, no diff, IMO.

Correct me if im wrong, cause I probably am but I thought on the 07 it weighed 11 more???

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

sled weights

the 07 m1000 162 weighed 530 lbs lbs with mechanical reverse, in 2008 A/C came out with electronic reverse and the sled lost 7 lbs, in 2009 the sled lost an additional 22 lbs due to changes in the skid. so the end result is the 09 is 30 lbs lighter than the 07. I've seen some guys post that they removed there stock can and it weighs 16 lbs, and for example replaced with a Jaws can which weighed 6 lbs for a loss of 10 lbs.

Last edited:
Correct me if im wrong, cause I probably am but I thought on the 07 it weighed 11 more???

The 07 DD weighed 7 lbs more than the 09+ DD does.

you lose 11 going to a DD lite, but you lose 4 going to a DD lite on the 09.

If you think the DD is keeping you from sidehilling on the other side or making those left handed turns, then you need to practice more!

It's only a matter of being regular footed or goofy footed. Just like being right handed or left handed, has very little to do with 7 or 16lbs!

Last edited:
If you think the DD is keeping you from sidehilling on the the othe rside or making those left handed turns, then you need to practice more!

It's only a matter of being regular footed or goofy footed. Just like being right handed or left handed, has very little to do with 7 or 16lbs!

And, I'd sure hope that most of us are better 6 years later now, than they were back in 07. I know I've come leaps & bounds since back then, my comfort in technical terrain is much higher. (I was riding a thundercat until 07 so that's not much of a surprise!!!)

I've rode the cats a lot and I think they are great sleds. I just like my Polaris a little better for my riding. I do think its entertaining that all these cat guys go on and bash these sleds so bad when they still have one and that makes everyone else not want to buy one hence killing the market to sell their used sled. Basically slitting your own throat. I would bet most of the riders that are on this forum really are not riding in a way that they would see a huge difference between any of the sleds. Just pick what you like and what works for you and most importantly the one that you know the dealer will take care of you and have fun!

If you think the DD is keeping you from sidehilling on the other side or making those left handed turns, then you need to practice more!

Well considering 07 was my first year riding and going from a zx skidoo to a 07 M8 was huge improvement! But still don't change the fact for me I feel the PC8 is a phenomenal sidehilling machine! I rode my buddies Pros and I can side hill them but I don't feel as if they are as stable and planted as my PC8 but it's all rider preference! This year should even better with my sled being almost 50# lighter in the front , can't f'ing wait!!!!!

I've rode the cats a lot and I think they are great sleds. I just like my Polaris a little better for my riding. I do think its entertaining that all these cat guys go on and bash these sleds so bad when they still have one and that makes everyone else not want to buy one hence killing the market to sell their used sled. Basically slitting your own throat. I would bet most of the riders that are on this forum really are not riding in a way that they would see a huge difference between any of the sleds. Just pick what you like and what works for you and most importantly the one that you know the dealer will take care of you and have fun!

I see it different than driving down prices, if your trying to save money in this sport you have other issues.
I see it as someone having to step up and fix some issues if they want to regain the mtn segment like they did with the M. Let alone all the clutching problems. Or poo stepping up and building a motor, its a bigger picture to me and if they are not willing to step up after getting thrashed, then they are looser and will remain where they are until someone wakes up.
So far almost(not everyone) every person other than myself has justified and made excuses for why the pc is heavy, its stonger, (BS) clutching first year prob. (more bs) its wider for more traction (the poo is narrower and has more traction now) steering is reduced but its easier, (I don't hear anyone else complaining and they didn't loose steering radius)
Yet if AC came out and asked you personally and brought you a sled the exact same but
1 sled had more steering with same effort
another sled had perfect clutching and belts lasted over 1000miles
another sled had pro style boards and you rode it and it worked better than current and was skinny.
another was 415lbs dry.
The way you guys talk is you wouldn't want any of that, and I'm the jerk trying to ruin your justified sled with something else, BETTER.

I know with the current president it no longer seems like there is a free market but there is, if they can't sell the sleds because someone else builds a better one, there option is quit or build a better sled than the current, and I can tell you there are plenty switching that they are paying attention, so jump on the band wagon and let them know what you want and that it had better be better than before.
NOT, the M steers hard so we will just limit steering, that is not a fix a fix is to keep steering radius and design it to be easier, it can be done.
So every time I hear you guys telling me I'm a dick and the sled is perfect it just must be my lack for something, all I hear is Justifications.

Here is another thing you may want to pay attention too, again, I don't just run my mouth about things, its only after I have experience with a product that I make comments and most of the time it is after extensive testing that I say, ok I think this is the chit. Unlike ppl like AK, (no offense but this isn't the first thing) that just figured out after a year the M and HCR have the same suspension travel. wtf, at some point you have to stop and think, when someone tell me something like that I stop and think is he right, then ask ???'s until I know weather they are or not. At that point I say something.

Boys don't rag on Cat because they are trying to be economical by utilizing a single chassis (sno-cross) for everything by just changing rear skids and ski to ski width. Look what Ski-Doo had to do to get there XP chassis to work (t-Motion, flex track) in the deep snow and how long it them to engineer a possible solution. I think that the way folks ride the mountains has changed quicker than the manufacturers can accomodate (they are 5 years out with there designs). Polaris, with there cool test pilots, probably sensed a change in the way riders ride and got the jump. They did it by having two different front end assemblies and bona-fide differences between the on and off trail sleds.

Concerning your abilities, come up and build an Iron Dog capable sled and run to Nome with us in February. Good times, good people, wicked terrain and ride till you can't ride anymore. All with a ear to ear grin on your face.

If you want a real bust, go back to Ski-Doo's 1973 twin carb 250 Elan. Cat will come around, about the time you jump ship to another brand that is caught sleeping.
550iq

Boys don't rag on Cat because they are trying to be economical by utilizing a single chassis (sno-cross) for everything by just changing rear skids and ski to ski width. Look what Ski-Doo had to do to get there XP chassis to work (t-Motion, flex track) in the deep snow and how long it them to engineer a possible solution. I think that the way folks ride the mountains has changed quicker than the manufacturers can accomodate (they are 5 years out with there designs). Polaris, with there cool test pilots, probably sensed a change in the way riders ride and got the jump. They did it by having two different front end assemblies and bona-fide differences between the on and off trail sleds.

Another freakin justification! Really

If its so bad then why is polaris just killing it with a pro that has a crap enigne. Being economical is a opinion, as for the advancement in riders, that is 100% because of the sleds, the M series set a bench mark in mountain history. The pro hit a mark in Mtn/trail/boonedocking all together. The PC set one for a highly advanced trail sled that is functional in the mountains. I guaranty some pencil pusher that made the one chassis decision has no idea what the M sled did for cat.

Not a justification, maybe an explanation of how forward progress goes backwards at times. And I have all seen this before. Time for riding I say. Keep the provacative comments coming WyoBoy1K, maybe one day we can discuss all this while burning 'dogs on a killer blue-bird day. 550iq

I am a Arctic Cat loyalist! I love my M series Cat and it's motor! I knew the PC would have some first year issues so I wasn't even looking at buying the PC until they had a year to work out some issues.

That being said..... It is still a trail sled this year! I can't believe you guys are satisfied with this PC BS!!!!!!

From ski tip to snow flap it's a freakin trail sled that is "good" AT BEST! in the mountains! The PC does not do what mountain riders need/want it too. If you're happy with your PC, Great! Don't read the posts that are full of guys that are not happy with it! Simple.... Shrug it off and chock it up to "those guys need something more". These forums are where we come to find fixes or solutions for these machines! Yes it gets old reading Wyo's gripes about the same thing day after day, but he is contributing to the PC's overall performance. He comes up with solutions for the problems many are having. He is trying to improve the PC, not just complainer and gripe like so many of you are doing cuz he won't shut-up!

If you're happy with your PC, tell people your happy with it! But don't btch and cry cuz a couple guys aren't happy with what Cat is giving the mountain segment!

Tip to tail....... Trail sled characteristics:

Skinny Skis and F'd up ski loops... TRAIL SKIS!
Weak Front bumper... TRAIL BUMPER!
Race Spindles... TRAIL SPINDLES!
Crap Plastics/ventilation... TRAIL COWLINGS!
Huge Headlights and ice tray hood shape... TRAIL BODY!
Handle bars and Big switches/controls... TRAIL BAR CONTROLS!
Adjustable/Sloppy Steering post... TRAIL POST!
Gas tank - Lame neck/pick-ups... TRAIL TANK!
Wide/tall Seat... TRAIL SEAT!
Wide and short Foot boards... TRAIL BOARDS!
Rear cooler/radiators... TRAIL COOLERS!
Tail light... TRAIL LIGHTS!
SNOW FLAP!!!.... FAAAAWK!!!! TRAIL FLAP THAT IS FAWKING RIDICULOUS!!!!!!
:jaw:

IT'S A FAWKING TRAIL SLED WITH A LONG TRACK! HELP CAT FIX THIS SHT!! DON'T PAT THEM ON THEIR BACKS FOR MAKING AN OK SLED!

WE WANT A BAD A$$ SLED THAT MAKES THE OTHERS LOOK JUST OK!

a major step up the pro had is it was never intended to hold a 4 stroke, right or wrong, justifiable or not in this economy even if cat builds 2 chassis, trail/race and mountain. The mountain chassis will still have to accept the four stroke. I hate this idea but i have accepted it. if you cannot accept it move on. but who knows mayby i'm crazy, or mayby i can see past the tip of my nose.

Don't get me wrong i hope the morph the proclimb bulkhead into a mountain chassis, shouldn't be that hard

a major step up the pro had is it was never intended to hold a 4 stroke, right or wrong, justifiable or not in this economy even if cat builds 2 chassis, trail/race and mountain. The mountain chassis will still have to accept the four stroke. I hate this idea but i have accepted it. if you cannot accept it move on. but who knows mayby i'm crazy, or mayby i can see past the tip of my nose.

Don't get me wrong i hope the morph the proclimb bulkhead into a mountain chassis, shouldn't be that hard

Whats this # 8 justification.

Like I said "in this economy" is an opinion.
FYI, I started a business that is competing with 2 other businesses in an area of 5000 ppl or less within 15 miles. I'm doing just fine, as is polaris, in fact they are killing it "In This Economy" wtf.
Poo listened to the old saying, if you build it they will come. If they worked a deal for one year with suzuki to put the 800 in the pro. It would be legendary and they wouldn't be able to build them fast enough even if they sold them for 16k.

Whats this # 8 justification.

Like I said "in this economy" is an opinion.
FYI, I started a business that is competing with 2 other businesses in an area of 5000 ppl or less within 15 miles. I'm doing just fine, as is polaris, in fact they are killing it "In This Economy" wtf.
Poo listened to the old saying, if you build it they will come. If they worked a deal for one year with suzuki to put the 800 in the pro. It would be legendary and they wouldn't be able to build them fast enough even if they sold them for 16k.
wyo..not sure but think they been having a hard time keeping up with demand the last 2 seasons as it is..with a suzuki in there..crap..makes you wonder if any other manufacturer would sell any sleds........

Premium Features

Back