• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

very disappointed in you arctic cat guys

Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)
and your telling me a 38" shock thats 2 " shorter has the same travel???

when i held up the exit shocks i bought (one set for 40" stance and one for 43" the shock looked like it had a ton more travel on the 43?)

when you put the space in the shock your not limiting its travel? i guess im not understanding how its 2" shorter yet has the same suspension travel?

-Aksnopro

Geometry bro, geometry!:face-icon-small-win

Since the angle from the top mount to the lower mount (lower A arm) is decreased with a wider stance, you need more SHOCK travel to get the same SUSPENSION travel.

NOW... if you take that longer shock, like I mentioned above, and apply a shock with more SHOCK travel to a shorter A arm setup, you lift the front of the sled, and gain SUSPENSION travel. I didn't say with the spacer, I mean just as is. This isn't theory (it's basic geometry though, not something worth debating), it's fact. I've done it, and I can show you the difference.

The HCR has 9" front travel
The M has 9" front travel
the LE (38") has 9" front travel

Now, with the skid it's different, technically the longer tracks have more travel, since unlike the A arms, the shock mounts stay in the same location, so as the lever gets longer (rail) it sticks farther from the tunnel

141 14.5" rear travel
153 15.5" rear travel
162 16.5" rear travel

WOW I bet even your shadow is scared of how perfect you are!!!! Do us all a favor and get over your better than everyone attitude and go buy a perfect Polaris PRO... Then maybe the polaris guys can get tired of your constant b$tch about the whats wrong with the PRO...

Wow, you must be a complete puss huh? You go through life not willing to take on challenges? If someone does something, you don't bother working toward it, you just assume they were endowed with magical abilities, and you shouldn't bother?

Maybe I just live a different life than the mainstream, but when I see wyo say what he said, I think there's a guy willing to push & find his limits, and if he can see someone else do something, he's gonna work to do the same.

I work the same way. Someone comes to ride with me, and hits a hit I built, and goes bigger than me, I see that what I THOUGHT was my limit, might be able to be stretched a bit. Same deal in the trees.

No... I don't go to the X games & assume I can do what they all can do, but I go ride with people & I learn from them, and work to get to where they are if they're doing something I didn't think I could.

You'd be amazed, once you get rid of your artificial limitations YOU set in your own mind & think EXACTLY what he said, how much better you'd get QUICK.

Sorry to interrupt the flood of butthurt.

ButtHurt.jpg

This is funny and a ton of this can be cleared up with a simple definition of what "sidehilling" or "mountain riding" means to different people. I grew up in Alaska and I had never seen the type of riding there that I see here in Idaho. The terrain is not there, in Ak. Huge open mountains, yes, I used to "sidehill" the crap out of my 93 ZR580 up there. Bring it to the trees and it is a whole different story. Oops, I didn't bitch:
My 2012 Cat sucked, every poor handling and clutching trait mentioned in this thread I found to be true. Motor was great, great trail sled and suspension, the goggle warmer I will miss, but I am still so butt hurt to this day, 6 months after buying, then three weeks later selling it, that I will never buy another Cat. (At least to ride here.) It is about having fun, and I didn't have fun trying to avoid trees while waiting for a belt to blow and send me into them, while watching my buds all play tag in the trees on their Pros. Cat left us with a 2012 turd, the 2013 may be great but they left a lot of people regretting the purchase and a new belt and extended warranty didn't sold any issues.

WYNRBOY1000 pretty sure its not me in your little video, I go out to ride not to show off in front of a camera if I wanted that I would have been a movie star!! I just seen a topic come up on the polaris side about a broken rear bumper better go on there and tell all the owners and engineers what they are doing wrong!!!

WYNRBOY1000 pretty sure its not me in your little video, I go out to ride not to show off in front of a camera if I wanted that I would have been a movie star!! I just seen a topic come up on the polaris side about a broken rear bumper better go on there and tell all the owners and engineers what they are doing wrong!!!

Wow... I just looked at your whopping 10 posts... NOTHING but BS. Yapping about stupid stuff.

How bout you go do some work, figure out how to help some folks, and then come back & some people will give a crap about what you say.

I don't see anyone attacking you, but you seem intent on harassing other people, you also don't have the balls to respond to the one post that actually is about you... proves my point I made above.

10 negative posts... go away troll.

im gonna be honest, i feel strait violated that you non HCR guys have the same suspension travel...

is this true with exit/after market shocks too cause when i had both shocks next to eachother you would swear that one had more travel. but i guess its just the shaft length

now i am butt hurt. lol

maybe these probro's got it figured out, i mean its like your sleds god over there i think my personality would fit the happy with my underpowered popcan theme. maybe if i put a Polaris sticker on and wear a flat bill hat i can fit in.

damn my spindles might give me away though.

-Aksnopro

Last edited:
im gonna be honest, i feel strait violated that you non HCR guys have the same suspension travel...

is this true with exit/after market shocks too cause when i had both shocks next to eachother you would swear that one had more travel. but i guess its just the shaft length

now i am butt hurt. lol

maybe these probro's got it figured out, i mean its like your sleds god over there i think my personality would fit the happy with my underpowered popcan theme. maybe if i put a Polaris sticker on and wear a flat bill hat i can fit in.

damn my spindles might give me away though.

-Aksnopro

Your spindles are way to big to hang with the flat billers Ak. The clanking they make when you step will be a dead give away... :face-icon-small-win

i dont even know how to ride a snowsled i just spend all my extra money on it to be kewl :face-icon-small-ton haha

I love my HC yeah it has issues but im coming from a 02 cross country zr 600 ( serious machine :face-icon-small-win) all i can say is that old new used or in different every sled has issues and if you know how to work your sled and make it do things that other people dont do. your going to have issues. i have been a CAT LOVER since i was a young pup. I plan to stick with them as long as the dealer i have now doesnt suddenly hate me which im doubting seriously. And im sure that if i grew up riding any other sled id love that too. but GREEN is my favorite color :yo: so naturally it works out. i like helping people in these forums and reading other ppls information and tips on how to help my sled and make it easier on my big sally *** to push it to the next level of skill.
RIDE ON FELLAS

now i am butt hurt. lol

I can't speak to the exit shocks, they might have more travel for their given arm length than stock, but I'd think they'd be advertising that, since it changes the geometry of the sled.

The shock itself does have more travel, it's just that it has to make up for the lower angle from reaching to the longer arms.

Wyo - i think the mods should put a sticky thread up so you can once and for all proclaim how you dont like how the PC sidehills. How many times do you have to repeat it? I think we get it by now. Not all of us have Alzheimers man.

Wait Im so confused I thought Wyo was that trail rider guy that posted once about how he hates K-mod skids, despises MDS weights, wants wider running boards and plastics, and is so sick of the worthless suzuki that he is putting a poo motor in his pro climb and betting people $1,000 that he and his CatPoo can beat anyone around 55 degree corners on the extreme groomers?

ok now back to the sandymangina show.....

Premium Features

Back