• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

** Turny Updates **

M
Jan 1, 2008
Same area as fatal slide of 99

The slide came down in the same area as the 99 slide that killed several people. Watched it from down on the flats. Rode up after the slide to check on the riders in the area. 3 riders were within 150 feet when it went past them. It was about 3/4 miles wide and went down on both sides of the trail up over the top.The CNF forecaster was at a loss for words to explain the danger.
I have the words-ride high at Turnagain right now and you die. It will take awhile for the snow to stabilize and there is alot more in the forecast. Fortunantly, with all the snow falling there will be alot of other areas opening to ride.

Mark

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
To clarify on that one in 99, 10 people caught, 3 injured and 6 dead.

Im glad I ran out of fuel that day are I would have been number 7, I still remember the snowboarder that died that day, I watched him building a jump half way up the hill and there was no way he could of gotten out of the way. so be safe every body.

A

AkSummit

Nov 28, 2007
ALASKA
Damn- Safe ridin folks....

Be careful out there guys.

You know what they say;

Beacons-Beer-bit ches ;)

No- not ride/drink /screw--- lol

Be safe/ride + get home/ lie about the the ride + then screw ;)

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
Just got home from Turny. Beautiful afternoon, the clouds burnt off and had great lighting. I made it to the backside, drove over to the main bowl on the right, no one has dropped in yet, looked super sketch so i rode my happy *** down the mountain to the crusty snow... Jen 1 took some pictures, and cooked some amazing food, thanks again - good to see every1 out there.

A

Adrenalin

Nov 2, 2008
Los Anchorage, AK
Just got home from Turny. Beautiful afternoon, the clouds burnt off and had great lighting. I made it to the backside, drove over to the main bowl on the right, no one has dropped in yet, looked super sketch so i rode my happy *** down the mountain to the crusty snow... Jen 1 took some pictures, and cooked some amazing food, thanks again - good to see every1 out there.

same sun broke through the clouds while we were at the top , saw the same thing you did , few tracks made it to the top but none went down the back side , and neither did we , friends cat starting meowing at him so we turned back and went to the crusty snow

A

Adrenalin

Nov 2, 2008
Los Anchorage, AK
with extreme avy danger at turny I think JP looks better and safer down low...

this was our first choice , but it was pretty sucky met a group of guys riding polaris we didnt know the area very well so we turned back and went up turny instead =)

yeah , that was me on the black / white summit =)

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
this was our first choice , but it was pretty sucky met a group of guys riding polaris we didnt know the area very well so we turned back and went up turny instead =)

yeah , that was me on the black / white summit =)

lol, yea we thought the day was ruined when the xp's showed up....lol..you boys should have hung out..it was great riding up on top..still needs more snow but found some nice hills up high..was alot of fun. Was nice meeting you guys...mike

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Hey Mike, thanks for playing tour guide again today! Roads were terrible coming back this way. Cars in the ditch everywhere and one on it's side off in the trees. We made it home safley needless to say if I am on here lol. Good time today, just need more snow.

N
Dec 8, 2007
East Side A-Town
got there about 1, light was fair/good. Headed up over..... Stayed away from the bowls.....cut some tracks on the ridgeline with the group I was with...dropped down and we soon encountered some of the deepest snow I have ever seen or rode in. We waged battle with the shorttracks before calling it quits.....scary there for a lil bit....hahahah Definitely one of the best rides that will go down in my book.

Last edited:
P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
lucky for you the polaris was there to save the day!!! dude, your not suppose to say anything, it sucked up top remember... crazy sick! btw, the roads sucked a fat one on the way back to p-town. gonna be fun drive in the morning, sucks i actually have to work tomorrow... oh well, should be about the only day this month.

pv

N
Dec 8, 2007
East Side A-Town
lucky for you the polaris was there to save the day!!! dude, your not suppose to say anything, it sucked up top remember... crazy sick! btw, the roads sucked a fat one on the way back to p-town. gonna be fun drive in the morning, sucks i actually have to work tomorrow... oh well, should be about the only day this month.

pv

hahah..... It did suck...as I recall.....

glad you came along and the summer moddin didnt bite you in the *** and the sled ***gin rips :D:D:D have fun at work t-morow

Last edited:
B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
Three days at Turny for Jesse (only two for me) then one day at Pville... then back to Turny... The ride on Friday was THE best so far... here are a few pics... not much for action shots - but we had sooooo much FUN!!!

Glad ya guys liked the steaks ~ grillin' at Turny with blue skies to ride in before hand... can't ask for much more than that (but we will anyway) we want more powder now ~ seems pretty tracked up on the front side since Wednesday.

TODAY:
DSC04378.jpg

DSC04379.jpg

P1010013.jpg

FRIDAY:
DSC04332.jpg

DSC04347.jpg

DSC04351.jpg

THANKSGIVING:
DSC04311-1.jpg

PB270051.jpg

DSC04320-1.jpg

PB270052.jpg

Reactions: BottomFeeder m7.
B
Nov 26, 2007
Looks Like fun. I dont usally ride with shortracks to much but looks like they rip. Black Friday was a good ride. shame we didnt take pics. people were stuck everywhere.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Mulletville, AK.
Lucky?

pv
Lucky? Your lucky that POS Polaris didnt squeak a piston or blow a crank, its just a matter of time. :clock: LMAO! Sorry man, I just could not resist.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
no no, that's what i meant. lucky the poo didn't act like the poo of old and poo poo out another poo piston. if it had it would have been a long pooy hike out for all three of us poo heads. not the break in ride i was planning, but wtpoo, should be good to go now..., right?... ahhh, poo, i think i need to hit the head...

pv

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
You guys were right the snow was horrible we should have waited.....:rolleyes:

We were the first to drop into the bowl down to the left after we finished off the step to the right!!!
Got to break in my friends 800 RMK right!!!:D Had the whole place to ourselves untill about noon!!

100_3073.jpg

100_3074.jpg

100_3075.jpg

100_3076.jpg

100_3077.jpg

100_3078.jpg

Last edited:
A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
may be there on Saturday morning for some more "test and tune" and putsing around. Im not going up and over, gonna be a short trip If i do end up going.:)

Premium Features