• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

turbo performance 1200 is alive!!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
You don't need an oil pump or an oil resevoir to supply oil for the garrett. The four stroke already has that. It's funny that there are guys that have been working on these all season and have tried just about everything to make these work and then one shows up from the polish shop and in a few weeks they've got it all figured out. I forgot to mention that there's another great kit in the works from a well known ski doo dealer in Provo that should be solid as well. Again, guys like Devin (Provo Ski Doo), Dave (powderlites), Rocky (boondockers), Big John (Sled Head Racing) Have a huge amount of experience and use a lot of their own ideas and their own abilities to make these things work. A sled like the 1200 is a new concept in the sense that it is easy for just about anyone with any kind of experience to slap a turbo on add some clutching and make work, but you will still have the same issues that the TRUE engineers, and TRUE fabricators have spent they're lives and reputation trying to figure out. Maybe that's why you haven't seen much of this sled yet. We all know they're out there but if it were so simple don't you think you would have seen a lot more of them by now? Leave the sled building to the experts. At this point it's easy to see that Twin, Brycter, Turbo Performance, Skull, and one or two others are all working together on this stuff trying to make up for what others have spent years figuring out. Again, people will make their own choices based on what they like, I just encourage everyone to maybe look away from the computer screen and get out and see what really is working and not just believe all the marketing and hype.

-Fack

And I actually don't have any issues with an aerocharger, just seems a little expensive and unpractical when considering you have all the room you need, oil pressure and supply, and all the torque you would need to spool an automotive. Aerocharger is a great turbo and a great option. It's not really the ability of the aerocharger that I question...

-Fack

You don't need an oil pump or an oil resevoir to supply oil for the garrett. The four stroke already has that. It's funny that there are guys that have been working on these all season and have tried just about everything to make these work and then one shows up from the polish shop and in a few weeks they've got it all figured out. I forgot to mention that there's another great kit in the works from a well known ski doo dealer in Provo that should be solid as well. Again, guys like Devin (Provo Ski Doo), Dave (powderlites), Rocky (boondockers), Big John (Sled Head Racing) Have a huge amount of experience and use a lot of their own ideas and their own abilities to make these things work. A sled like the 1200 is a new concept in the sense that it is easy for just about anyone with any kind of experience to slap a turbo on add some clutching and make work, but you will still have the same issues that the TRUE engineers, and TRUE fabricators have spent they're lives and reputation trying to figure out. Maybe that's why you haven't seen much of this sled yet. We all know they're out there but if it were so simple don't you think you would have seen a lot more of them by now? Leave the sled building to the experts. At this point it's easy to see that Twin, Brycter, Turbo Performance, Skull, and one or two others are all working together on this stuff trying to make up for what others have spent years figuring out. Again, people will make their own choices based on what they like, I just encourage everyone to maybe look away from the computer screen and get out and see what really is working and not just believe all the marketing and hype.

-Fack

And I actually don't have any issues with an aerocharger, just seems a little expensive and unpractical when considering you have all the room you need, oil pressure and supply, and all the torque you would need to spool an automotive. Aerocharger is a great turbo and a great option. It's not really the ability of the aerocharger that I question...

-Fack

It sounds like you have some issues with the guys at turboboyz....From what I remember they were one of the first to have a kit out last year for the XP. They seem to offer knowledge on this site where ever possible, and actually are putting some effort in turbo set-ups for the Doo's. You are making direct comments regarding their knowledge and ability? At least thats the way I'm reading it. I haven't read anywhere that these guys don't know what their doing. If your not interested in their kit why are you bothering to respond to this thread?

try this vid anyone got ? now about this sled:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMSBM0CvmJ8

oh ya by the way >
10 pound of boost on a garrett 53
the nytro to keep up 19

163 ez-ride :D

gotta love Ski-doo:D:D

Being an old school Ski-Doo lover, I do love seeing this sled making great strides in being a competitive sled in the turbo market!!

What does this mean??? 10 pounds of boost on a garrett 53?? the nytro to keep up 19??
I never heard of a garrett 53.. aerocharger 53 and 66
Our group has 2 rt 1000 with the areo. 66 one runs 8-9#'s the other runs 12-14#'s and neither one hangs with our Nytro's running 12-13..
I am just curious on what you mean..

Hey fack

I think that maybe YOU are jealous or something? There is a difference in opinion on everything, it looks as though if they put a garrett on you would be complaining about that! Dont hate the player, hate the game! I rode this sled when we filmed, this sled is awesome. The sled has awesome power that just keeps going. It is a great turbo kit that will be easy for poeple to install. GREAT JOB TURBO BOYZ

Hey everyone. I was writing to see if there was any interest in an XP turbo. I know there are others out there currently building kits for these sleds but I feel that there is a lot to be had in the current systems available. As we all have noticed ski doo has fallen behind in the high horsepower class. There's no denying that ski doo leads the industry in stock form, but when it comes to aftermarket turbo systems producing reliable high horsepower there isn't a lot out there. A lot of this stems from the other major manufacturers going to efi systems thus simplifying turbo fueling requirements. I feel that just as ski doo can still make a carbed sled compete to the top of its class, a carberated turbo can be made to compete with efi in reliability and performance. I know there are skeptics that believe this is not possible, but it can be done and there are sleds out there with carb systems that work. Many of us have seen a carbed turbo polaris 600 beating up the mountain consistantly without problems. I would like to try and bring that to the XP 800. I would like to use a 66 series aerocharger now that they are being made available again. I have used an automotive turbo with great result but I feel with the "new" 66 series turbo a cleaner faster responding turbo kit that has the potential to produce reliable high horsepower can be achieved. Anyway...just wanted to hear your thoughts or ideas.

-Fack

So its ok for you to build a 66? Where's your kit? Just wondering.

Last edited:
The funny part is this is a new motor to everybody. So weither you old engine builder or a new one they are all starting from scratch. Yes past years of experiance may help push you further forward faster but it's all R&D. The fact is I have worked with powderlites, Provo Ski-doo, and Turbo Performance, along with many, many more turbo companies. It's a simple fact that everybody has new ideas, and diffrent ways to go about things and they can end up good and bad. (Not to brag but I probably have more info on this sled and diffrent ideas run buy me and what I think since I do all their EFI tunning.)

Turbo Performance has a great market share with their Aerocharger turbo kits and thats their choice. They understand them and know how to make them work. I know alot of Garrett guys that wouldnt know where to start with a aerocharger and vis versa. All companies have to market their product and give out their facts of what they find. If you put out a bad product you wont sell anything. If you do your job and R&D you can become very succesful in a short time. Yes Turbo Performance is a fairly new company as are many of the companies of today, but nobody puts as much bling bling on their sleds and make them look good and run good as these guys do. They put in alot of R&D time in and know their Aerocharger turbo's. They had the first Rev XP kit on the market and it really runs. So untill you ride all these new 1200 turbo sleds yourself and you can make a very logical judgment call, I'd let the turbo companies do their job, cause I've never heard of Fack Turbo's :cool:

Last edited:

Back to the subject. The 1200 with the ez ryde is awesome. The kit is very clean. The inter cooler was very cold after it made severel pulls up the mountain. This will be a great kit for the guys that just want simple easy install that in a few hours will have it done, then they will have a hillbilly deluxe monster on there hands. its to bad the chain case broke, it would have been awesome to see this thing at fairview.

Being an old school Ski-Doo lover, I do love seeing this sled making great strides in being a competitive sled in the turbo market!!

What does this mean??? 10 pounds of boost on a garrett 53?? the nytro to keep up 19??
I never heard of a garrett 53.. aerocharger 53 and 66
Our group has 2 rt 1000 with the areo. 66 one runs 8-9#'s the other runs 12-14#'s and neither one hangs with our Nytro's running 12-13..
I am just curious on what you mean..

my bad right not garret 53 its the garret ok

have you run your sled with the ski-doo 1200 4 stroke?

rt 1000 is a four stroke i mean who cares if it cant hang with your nytro duh nytro is a far better sled than rt 1000 lets not do the 2-stokr turbo 4 stroke turbo

I like yamaha and I got to ride my friends turbo vector I love that sled :D

I'm not jealous and there is no Fack turbos. I have dealt with turbo performance and I was not happy with the result. Maybe others will have better luck. If anyone has questions you can PM me. Otherwise, it is a good video and the sled does look cool.

-Fack

Boy oh boy. I leave this post for a couple of days to do some testing and ride with some customers for idaho and look what happens. My Phone is ring off the hook. thanks for the interest.

By the looks at what i have read. I am a peice of work and should never look at a sled again. I don't know what I did to you fack. I have only met you once. If you have so many tricks and new ideas spill with some of them. I would like to learn more also. Or would i just not be able to understand what you are talking about? All I know is I work everday from sun up to sun down and put a ton of time into my product. This kit and sled was built by me and josh with nobody else in the mix except for derrick. all the welds are mine, all the r&d is mine, all the polishing is mine, All the paint is mine, every bolt, screw, rivet, washer, was installed by me. So the way i see it the abilities were all mine too. So until you know me or what i can do please keep it to yourself. I have been in this sport for a long time and have built plenty of sleds and turbo kits.

So back to the sled. I took it out fri and was doing some last minute testing for fairview when i blew the chain and chain case to millions of peices. So sorry no fairview display. But before it broke the sled held 85 mph track speed up wiskey!! With 12" of new snow. I am running 14# of boost. See I am doing all the r&d so you don't have to. If anybody else has any questions on my kit call me! I will even talk to the other kit builders if you have questions about what we have found and what is working for us.

Keep smiling :)

Bryce

Last edited:
dudes here is another thing that skidoo should look into. The chain case and cover is very expensive if you break it.
Dont run the stock chain.
You have to go with a 15 wide or even a 17. We are trying to use as much stock stuff that we can. Because that will keep cost down for you the customer. There is notheing worse than selling you a kit and then saying, oh you have to buy this extra and also this. So we a working hard and will keep you informed.

brycter you should phone those micku boys to see what clutch works. I've already seen it at the big iron and at yamafest. That thing runs smooth. Heard its a powderlites kit.

dudes here is another thing that skidoo should look into. The chain case and cover is very expensive if you break it.
Dont run the stock chain.
You have to go with a 15 wide or even a 17. We are trying to use as much stock stuff that we can. Because that will keep cost down for you the customer. There is notheing worse than selling you a kit and then saying, oh you have to buy this extra and also this. So we a working hard and will keep you informed.
Good thing your doing the R&D. So whats next? Driveshaft? Jackshaft? Motormounts? You see how much twist that motor has when you stab the throttle. As soon as the bigger boost comes that sled will probably be ripped apart. I am sure the Yamaha guys had problems to, but the sleds they have now are really tough right through the whole chassis. At the end of the day, the only way to make that sled live is to add weight, and still no reverse.:rolleyes:

These sleds are gonna DOMINATE the hills!!! (Turbo nytro owner) 2010, 1200 doo, snowchecked!!!:D I,ll definately be calling you guys! Nice job as usual! :beer;:beer;:beer;

I agree with ya graham. This sled will and is very close that right know. over the summer i will be doing the motor work on this sled so i can turn the boost up like the nytro. Then we will see this baby turn head even more.

I an pretty sur that my clutching is very close. I have a total shift out pattern. I also am holding 8100 rpm in deep snow. It is also so smooth that you dont think that you are going very fast. Kinda like my diesel truck.

Were are just putting this sled through the motions with all the stock componets to see were they will break. Just like we had to do with the xp until we got a solid kit. Clutch only lasted about 2 miles.
and air stock air plentum only lasted up to 15-16 psi of boost. Now stock chain. This sled has so much torque that it is taking its toll. I really hope that the bulk head and chassis holds up.

We are having a blast with this sled. there has been alot of people that have riden it and they all say " Dang I would like to trade you sleds" Or I better start looking at the four strokes. If anyone see's us on the hill and want's to ride it let us know or stop us. We are going to shoot for tony's grove on april 18th. Hopefully my hyvo chain and sprokets will be here by then.

Last edited:
Has anyone else heard that ski doo is not going to produce the 1200 for next year??? Now what?

So are they still making the MXZ 1200???

MXZ,Renegade and GSX are all scheduled for 2010, Summit got dumped. I snowched a renegade X 137" goin with a EZ-RYDE 174 and VanAmburg tunnel. Of course i'll be addin a whistle to it!! :beer;:D:beer;

Premium Features

Back