• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

turbo performance 1200 is alive!!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
Dude all imput is good. We don't profess to know all. We look for as much input as possible. we will try our bag of tricks first and then go to a bigger clutch. We just dont want to add more money to the kit. If we dont have to.

Yes the kit is a side mount Aero. It should work great and produce some good numbers. The only thing that i wish is i could do, is move the battery to the clutch side to balance the 17 pound difference a little more.

We will post costs here sortly. We are taking pre orders now.

What cost sould we try to hit? please be honest. :)
What is more expensive, taking the TRA off and pedelling it for a couple hundred bucks or risk blowing it off and taking out the crank. From my experience, your kit is only as good as it's reputation.

I'm not saying that you will blow the clutch off, but the odds are stacked against you cuz it has been happening alot. The sled has so much tourque that it spins the two halves in the taper, tightens the bolt and snaps it off, causing the clutch to come apart.
I think make a clutch exchange part of the kit and you might have a winner.

The other issue is guys are eating the cast pistons under boost.

Come on Hatch...

If I was to build that sled...I definately would not use the tra. I would probably opt for the supreme tool or maybe the polar (if ydpc gives it the stamp).

I know the tra can be made to work, heck, it works like a champ on mine...but not easy to find an awesome "all around" setup. I would like to "try" something else on that sled if it were me...

Speaking of that sled....NICE! Ill take one, but supercharged please :):)

Very nicely put together!...even with a tra :)

very true, but the P85 is working great on mod doo products.....the taper needs to be recut and its a perfect answer to the POS belt cooker TRA

I would include the P85 with the kit and not mess around with people that dont know how to clutch a TRA. Just do the exchange program and sell them yourself for part or such....Besides the buying power of multiple tapered P85's vs. single purchases would drive the cost down and your reputation for a COMPLETE kit would go straight up. That is if the kit works, how does that go.....Worthless without video.....

How do P85's hold up to big power in the hills?? I have worked with one of the sharpest guys in the biz and a 250 horse asphalt sled eats one in a hurry...Just a thought.

Thats one sweet looking sled know it look like will be ordering 2 of those instead of the XP's can't wait to go ridding with you guys this weekend I've heard alot about that sled. See yah Friday:D

UPDATE-- THIS SLED ROCKS!!!! We have a tm1200 that runs very very good and the T4SDOO will pull it by 1-2 sled lenths up most any hill that we hit. the doo was set at 10 psi. I think that yami better start pulling tricks out of the bag because i think the doo is the real deal. Sounds good, looks good, feels good. and most of all runs awesome!

we had to go with the STM clutch. It was the only thing that we could get to hold together. If you want one of these clutches set up for you let us know we can do that for you.

We are taking orders for kits now for the "HILLBILLY DELUXE". The kit should have an install time of 4-5 hrs. Very simple install.

call us with any questions.

www.turboboyz.net

1200 Turbo

Hey Josh & Bryce thanks for taking us out this weekend. That 1200T doo was sweet to ride and the trip was well worth it now. I would have never thought that it pull away from your cat till we say it with our own eyes. Guys lets just say this is the real thing and it dose work. Thanks again :D:D

Yeah it was fun and i think that we got something from doo that will compete. I just got to get the suspension dialed a little more and this baby will be sweet.

Nope we didn't go to the bis. We have been installing to many kits to get out of the shop.

We have had plenty of fun on this 1200. It seems to run very strong and very soilid. we have 10 rides on this baby and not even one hickup. This kit is very simple and easy to install. I think that alot of the reason that our kit is working so good is because it is a side mount and we are not fighting the hot air issuse. We are running is a 10# and just keeps on pulling.

Call if you are interested in one of these kits. we will be working all summer building these babies. Also stay tunned for some late spring pricing.

Thanks brycter

www.turboboyz.net

TTT....4-5 hrs install for kit....so for a handy-beer-drinkin-garage-guy, maybe a day in the garage?

Is this sled a "real" boondocker 4 stroke? You know what I mean. The Yama-egos can yip all they want that "they can play in the trees as well as any 2 stroke", but everyone knows its BS. I'm not a big hill climber dude. Lost my nerve for that crap years ago when I decided I wanted to keep living. I'm a "play in the meadows, carve the pow, get stuck in the trees and swear" dude. Will this sled fit the bill? Be honest. My buddys and I all agree that an XP-type chassis (and weight if possible) with 225-250hp would be just the ticket.

TTT....4-5 hrs install for kit....so for a handy-beer-drinkin-garage-guy, maybe a day in the garage?

Is this sled a "real" boondocker 4 stroke? You know what I mean. The Yama-egos can yip all they want that "they can play in the trees as well as any 2 stroke", but everyone knows its BS. I'm not a big hill climber dude. Lost my nerve for that crap years ago when I decided I wanted to keep living. I'm a "play in the meadows, carve the pow, get stuck in the trees and swear" dude. Will this sled fit the bill? Be honest. My buddys and I all agree that an XP-type chassis (and weight if possible) with 225-250hp would be just the ticket.

I'm in the same boat, not looking to be a chute climber, just waiting for a sled that can make good power RELIABLY and be almost as light as the 2 strokes.....that will be nice!!! Have been down the Yami and 2-stroke turbo road and they are not for me. :beer;:)

Your looking for the same thing I am. Just a few more ponies than stock, something reliable, and something that could even run pump gas without problem. No chute climbing for a flatlander who comes out west a handful of times a year :)
I will say that on our stock Renegade 1200, it is alot more agile offtrail than we expected it to be..only feels sort of clumsy coming from a XP to the XR for the first 5 mins...after that feels the same as a Rev to me.

maybe dumb question

Not trying to hijack, but does anybody know if you can switch the tunnel and rear skid out of a 08 summit into the 1200 chassis, or what is involved?

Not trying to hijack, but does anybody know if you can switch the tunnel and rear skid out of a 08 summit into the 1200 chassis, or what is involved?

I'm quite sure from the S-Module back the tunnels between the XR and XP are the same pn's.

Premium Features

Back