• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

turbo performance 1200 is alive!!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
In a PM from Brycter he states the sled handles like a RT Doo right now....but they still have the MXZ wide stance in it. They are trying Summit A-arms right away here and will let us know how that goes.

sorry it has takken so long to get back to the forum. As dave said I think most people will like this sled. does it feel different than the xp yes a little and you can tell it is heavier. IMO the sled handles alot like the old rt 1000's and the artic cat king cat. we should have or narrow front end on this week end and then we will report on that. if doo comes out with the summit version it will have the narrow stance already on it.

The sled is working great and i do have some vid. I really think that this sled will make alot of people happy.

Last edited:
I even had to much weight in the clutch that day. Only Hitting 7000 r's.
it is a super fun sled.

Kit

what does the kit include? the whole works? (guages,intercooler,clutching)

The kit includes O2 senor, Fuel and boost guage, new fuel system, intercooler, vent kit, Attitude fuel control box, turbo, and all Chromed up. The works comes with everything above and also pistons, shim and clutch from STP.:D:D

Thanks again
Turbo Performance
www.turboboyz.net

I would think a garrett would be a better option because now you have an oil supply, and you've got big torque to spool the turbo. The whole "faster spooling" aerocharger thought is a non factor at this point. Also, the garretts are quite a bit cheaper and a lot cheaper/easier to fix. I've talked with powderlites and boondockers about this sled and they've both had the motor apart and acutally dealt with some of the internals. There's no doubt the sled is easy to turbo and lots of room to work with, but there's other issues that need to be addressed if a person wanted to run any amount of boost to make this competitive. Also, the guy building the stuff for big john (can't remember the company name) has had these apart and is addressing the internal problems as well. All of the above companies are acutal builders and fabricators that can troublshoot and have a lot of knowledge in the mechanics of how these things work. It is a cool sled and definately capable of a lot of power. If you're going to spend the money you might as well do it with someone who knows what they are doing.

-Fack

Look at it from a "Turbo Newbie" point of view (me). I see logic in havin NO oil pump or oil tank. I see logic in the simplicity of the Aerocharger. I have no use for over 300hp. So...I personally would be interested in a simple set-up that proves reliable and provides the HP advertised....and I would pay a little more for it. From what I saw in that video, there's a sled with waaaaay more power than I need or am capable of handling. If it can be tuned to that 250hp area and can be made to ride like a Summit....I'm there.

?????

I would think a garrett would be a better option because now you have an oil supply, and you've got big torque to spool the turbo. The whole "faster spooling" aerocharger thought is a non factor at this point. Also, the garretts are quite a bit cheaper and a lot cheaper/easier to fix. I've talked with powderlites and boondockers about this sled and they've both had the motor apart and acutally dealt with some of the internals. There's no doubt the sled is easy to turbo and lots of room to work with, but there's other issues that need to be addressed if a person wanted to run any amount of boost to make this competitive. Also, the guy building the stuff for big john (can't remember the company name) has had these apart and is addressing the internal problems as well. All of the above companies are acutal builders and fabricators that can troublshoot and have a lot of knowledge in the mechanics of how these things work. It is a cool sled and definately capable of a lot of power. If you're going to spend the money you might as well do it with someone who knows what they are doing.

-Fack

You could use a garrett but if the customer wants a areocharger then so be it. As for the internal problems if your a well known kit builder you already know these things. Seems like you have a issue with areocharger because you never say anything good leave it to the customer to decide what they want!! Also sleds with lots of torque shine because they can just tractor around and they spool very easy. Remember this is a 4 stroke not a 2 stroke they flow complete different. that sled can be ran from 5psi to 21psi if you know what your donig and still more left on the table. Thats why we have R&D!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Jim

Premium Features

Back