• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thread Drift on Current Conditions threads

S

shwee

Jan 8, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
So we'll end up with two threads for every area. One for current conditions (the new sub forum) and another to talk about the area, post pics, see who's riding on the weekend/week day.

Kind of like all the sub forums for each sled brand...you gotta look all over the place and multi-post to get a question answered.

True but apparently people consider talk and pics about the area thread drift. I have two sides and can't please everyone so you guys can come up with a solution here and I'll put it into effect. The sub-forum doesn't have to stay.

Reactions: LiveAlaska and icr

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
well put. there is also no reason to post conditions on you "super secret" spots if ur not gonna let anyone know where they are.there are other spots for the stuff other than snow conditions.
uhhhhhhhhh that was a joke ;)

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
funny2.jpg

A
Jan 16, 2008
i dont think the thread drift people are talkin about pertains to the pics or details of the ride. The drift that they probably dont want to see is how no one can keep up with this guy over, or kitchen passes expiring or so and so is so old, and yada yada.

If i check the Lost Lake thread i want to read about conditions and see pics of peoples rides. dont care about anyones opinions or reasons why they didnt go. i dont see what is so hard about not polluting a riding area thread with general conversation between two or three friends. I could give a crap about someone droppin a cylinder that i dont even know, and then a half page of posts to follow between three or four people bust'n balls about when so and so is gonna get it fixed with each post less than a minute apart. if you want a talk about that crap start a thread for you and your buddys or just pick up the phone and call each other.

no one is whining, but then again maybe you have taken some offense to this?

Personally i think people post way too much crap in the alaska forum because people like to read their own BS. I remember the days on SW of a riding area thread containing riding area info. and there was one thread for each area, not multiplep threads asking if hatchers is open yet, etc.
call it *****en or justify it any way you want. I just visit the site less and less cause there is less useful info, and i can figure the conditons useing NOAA

i'm just sayin'

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
True but apparently people consider talk and pics about the area thread drift. I have two sides and can't please everyone so you guys can come up with a solution here and I'll put it into effect. The sub-forum doesn't have to stay.

You'll never be able to please everyone, shwee. Those who don't want to read anything but conditions can look up top, those who want to share pics, opinions, stories, find rides, and talk to riding buddies can keep going the way we always have.

Reactions: LiveAlaska and Mag

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
Trouble maker :p

The snow in Fairbanks sucks just to stay on topic :rolleyes:
bwahaha, technical that was a thread drift, this is not a conditions reporting thread. i'll have to ask the mod to move that post to its appropriate thread :rolleyes::D

Reactions: AKSNOWRIDER

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
In all honesty, things were fine the way they were. Sure some times you have to weed through a bit a chaffe to get the info but rarely. These threads would be like 10 year old Sailor Bread with out the color commentary, pics and bs added by the good peeps of this State. :beer; to all who ride and share their rides with us:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;
thanksmooah434.gif

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
And no offense but a response like that serves the same purpose. :beer;

It's all just pixels on a friggen monitor, skip what ya don't like and share your stories and pics don't be skurred! :D

You're right, I give up. Lets turn every decent ride report into a max thread. I know I'm the only one posting, but I also know several people that feel the same way. Look at the Lost lake thread, it's nearly 30 pages long with most of it worthless info. There's a place for posting your entire day away which most of you are familiar with http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87

Flame away

Premium Features