• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thieves in Reno Tahoe Area

M

Mortgage Paul

Dec 28, 1999
No Town
www.TeamMortgageAndCredit.com
THIEVES in RENO TAHOE Area

Hey all.
As some friends on here know already, my enclosed was broken into, in Reno Tahoe area sometime before
Thanksgiving.

Items stolen include all kinds of Mens snowmobile gear, snowmobile clothing, helmets, Numerous Pairs of
goggles, matching tear offs, Numerous pairs of Klim and Burton Gloves. A couple Pairs of HMK Gloves and a Pair of HJC Gloves

They took the Gas cans that come with the sleds on the back rack, and 3, 5 gallon race fuel jugs with
hoses.
They took the little sled toolkits out of back of sleds.

The 3 Klim Togwotee Bibs, 3 Klim Valdez Parkas, and 2 Columbia Titanium Jackets were basically brand
new, 2 sets not worn, Klim Pants(the frestyle/snowcross kind Brand new(2 pairs cant remember what they call them)and 6 Pairs of Klim Togwotee Gauntlet Gloves and Burton Gloves(the kind with the big Gauntlet and pull string.

They took all My HMKSnowmobiling.com / HMKUSA.com gear as well, Various items, listed in this post.

Also 3 pairs of Klim Powercross gloves(not the gauntlet ones)

Also, missing are my 2 BCA Tracker DTS Avalanche Beacons, and the Matching Shovels/backpack and accesories.

My TekVest Brand New.

A set of PSI Twin 800 Polaris Pipes, Ceramic Coated, with Highmark Recreation (Reggie Sellers) race silencers. (The ones that go straight up and down, instead of the stock PSI Lay down kind.

2 Extra Team Clutches, helixes, springs, weights, etc etc etc.
Hyvo Gears, Chains, etc etc. 2 Brand New Polaris 800 take off Pipes and Cans.

A PSI Dial a Dome head for Twin 800 Polaris.

Basically, they took everything I have snowmobile and Moto related, and 99% of all my personal
belongings too as I was in the process of moving.

All my Dress shoes, dress shirts, slacks, boxed up socks and underwear, bathroom toiletries, you name
it like blowdryers, razors, whatever.

3 HJC Helmets in the bags,One brand new still in the box, 2 Helmet Cam setups, both BCA Tracker DTS
Beacons, with matching probes, and backpacks.
6 Pairs of Oakley Oframe and Crowbar Goggs with extra lenses etc

Also another Burton backcountry backpack, 1 Dark Blue Burton Snowboard bibs and 3 pairs of
HPBoots.com/Highmark/HMK Boots.

The New HMK Pro were brand new a few years ago and not worn yet. I had one pair of the original
HPBoots.com- Highmark boots before Kirk Zack changed the name, only wore twice. They were in the
original box too.

2 of the Big Klim Gear bags, 2 Big Fox gear bags,

All my moto gear. A pair of Gaerne Sg-10 boots, This list is huge and keeps growing.

All my tools and sled specific tools like clutch compressors etc. Spring testers.

They took my tire chains, a full box of 8.5x14 Legal paper full of Reams of paper, a Brother laser printer and an
all in one HP Laser/Printer/Copier/Fax from my home office.

Anyway, I still have no idea what all is missing yet.

Oh, they took a brand new boat cover still in the box.
They took the cover, left the box, and the straps that go with it.

BOTH Sno Skins type Sled Covers, the kind that covers skis and fron suspension

1 Guess Watch, 1 Movado watch, and all kinds of software CD's like MS Office Professional etc out
of the office stuff box they ripped open.

4 Brand new Gallon Jugs of 2 stroke Oil, an unopened Case of ATF for the truck. A unopened case of
Chaincase Lube, and cans of Wd-40 etc etc.

Also they took 2, brand new 5 quart Jugs of vehicle engine oil, and 2 gallon jugs of antifreeze, all
unopened.

The floor of trailer has 2 feet deep of stuff thrown all around.

I've contacted lots of companies to try and replace invoices(they took all my receipts and sled
related expenses and stuff that was boxed up too.)

The new HJC helmet in box, had receipt in the box. There is so much more I keep finding gone every day.

The authorities have some prints, and are working on that, but not sure of results yet.

For sure there were 2 people. They have some other clues as well.

Anyway, here are a couple pics of my helmets, and the 3rd HJC was the same, except black base, with

Silver/White, the same one Johny Welch/HuzYurDady on here has. Maybe Silvertips too, I don't remember for sure.

Other than the PremixJunky stickers and velcro on top for Helmet Cams, everything else is pretty much
the same as anyones.

Hopefully all you guys in the area can keep an eye and ear out in CA/NV because this is gonna be a
long road to even get enough stuff replaced to even ride.

The only clothes they even left me with was some stuff in a dirty hamper and what I packed to go away
for Thanksgiving.

Anyway, if you see or hear anything, appreciate a heads up.
Theres a nice reward pending to anything helping get my stuff back, or finding of the people that took my stuff.

Just an FYI, the HP Boots, the original Black/Grey ones, theres not many of those at all, and surely none only wore twice....They look like the ones in the post below, only just not with the Orange.
highmark2_sm.jpg

This isnt even close to being a full list, just what I could see for now. They left a huge mess behind.

Thanks, Paul

Helmet Cam View sm2.jpg Helmet Top sm 2.jpg

Last edited:
D
Jul 13, 2009
Reno, NV
Just wanted to echo the good luck sentiment. Sorry to say that people really do suck at times. I hope you get everything back or that at least insurance is able to make right on it. I will keep my eye out too.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
That blows Paul.
I know that its not anything like your loss, but I had a Makita lithium cordless drill lifted out of the back of my truck 2 weeks ago at Meeks SLT.
Tahoe has always been a bad place (mainly north side) for tool theft.
Your loss is major, did you have insurance?

S

shredder

Nov 26, 2007
that is a bummer... sorry to hear it.
try this to see if any of it ends up on ebay..
http://www.stuffalert.com/
there are similar tools for craigslist as well..
do you have any insurance to cover any of it?
that stuff will be hard to get rid of for $$ since our snowmobile community is relatively small...

P
Dec 21, 2008
Stolen items

Where did u get this stuff taken from......

I'm a cop here in Reno, if it would help, I can get some of my guys to start looking at a program we have that links to the pawn shops....most of these turds pawn stuff more than they sell it....

Let me know if you want a hand, more than happy to help string these clowns up for ya. You can PM me your phone number and I will call ya if we get anything at all.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
dam paul!!

Did they get the kitchen sink also!!!

that fricken sucks to say the least, hope they get caught and you get your stuff back!

M

Mortgage Paul

Dec 28, 1999
No Town
Where did u get this stuff taken from......

I'm a cop here in Reno, if it would help, I can get some of my guys to start looking at a program we have that links to the pawn shops....most of these turds pawn stuff more than they sell it....

Let me know if you want a hand, more than happy to help string these clowns up for ya. You can PM me your phone number and I will call ya if we get anything at all.

PM Sent.

M

Mortgage Paul

Dec 28, 1999
No Town
dam paul!!

Did they get the kitchen sink also!!!

that fricken sucks to say the least, hope they get caught and you get your stuff back!

Almost. I keep finding things gone. Its such a mess sifting through the rubble left behind.

Not sure I can even put my sled together since I had parts right there for it that are gone. They took 2 TEAM Clutches also.

Chaincase stuff, gears, chains, helixes etc.

Right now, I don't even own a real winter coat, boots, or gloves. Nothing.

M

Mortgage Paul

Dec 28, 1999
No Town
Tekvest

The one other thing that might stick out in the woods, is My Bright Orange Tek-Vest.

Not many people will have one of these unless they race/have raced.

That's why my 2 HJCs were the Bright Orange....and the spare was just a Black and Silver/White one.

Anyone know who makes a ISR legal Orange Helmet?

Similar to this Tek Rider TekVest except without the chrome
sx_pro_lite.jpg

Last edited:
W
May 2, 2008
Northern Cali
So sorry to hear the news. I will definitely keep my eyes and ears out here in Sac for ya. Just remember that we are all in a small community of snowmobilers and watch out for each other. If this jerk wants to make money he must sell the stuff he stole, and thats where he WILL get caught, and we will have our eyes and ears open:face-icon-small-fro
Ryan Willis

M

Mortgage Paul

Dec 28, 1999
No Town
More Items gone

Thanks all for the help.

Noticed I am Missing my Oregon Scientific NOAA Radio thing and a set of Cobra FRS/GMRS Radios.

Also, my Garmin Handheld GPS

You just dont remember how much equipment you actually ride with.

Those Radios, they had the 10 NOAA channels as well but what would be a good all in one replacement? Like the Rino or whatever it's called?

I can see that this is one of those deals where you start remembering items as you need it, months down the road.

Right now, I just need to still get some real winter clothes.
Ill try and find some pics but the Cobras are just like this.

url

Last edited:
M

Mortgage Paul

Dec 28, 1999
No Town
Added Items

Added more items to original list.

The Original HMK Boots, not many of those were around at all, only a few hundred and no ones going to have a set like these, Grey and Black only with a few rides..........

Keep an eye out if you can.

highmark2_sm.jpg

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
Check reno craigslist tonight. There was a bunch of stuff found, not sure if it's yours but its a possibility.

Reno craigslist RV section.

P
Dec 21, 2008
DOUBT that is your stuff Paul, but worth a shot......left u a message last night, missed your call, let me know what is up.....

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
keep us updated paul!

Not trying to sidetrack this thread but to everyone else out there over this weekend in la porte apperently someone decided to unhook a 2 place off a guys pickup, roll it over and hook it up to his pickup with a sled still on it! Lock those trailers up guys! Sign of the times and/or just plain scumbags!!!!

Good luck agin paul! Hope it all works out in the long run!!!!

Premium Features