• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

T-motion & the 36" front end

free2fawl

Lifetime Membership
I ride an '08, when I read about the t-motion as an after market product I new I needed it. I also put in the 36" front end. Way to go BRP! I left the sway bar detached. 18" of fresh and sunshine for my first ride. WOW! What a ride. Much more nimble in the trees and with improved counter steering sidehilling and uphill turns were almost effortless. Floated like a dream on stock skis. I would highly recomend either one of these upgrades.I'm sure either one is a good inprovement on it's own, but together....you'll love it. If you do go with the 36" front end be mindful of your loading and unloading ramps so yo don't catch a skag on a cross member. Happy Boondocking!

Did you do the updated longer front skid shock and limiter ?? That is another nice improvement.

I ride an '08, when I read about the t-motion as an after market product I new I needed it. I also put in the 36" front end. Way to go BRP! I left the sway bar detached. 18" of fresh and sunshine for my first ride. WOW! What a ride. Much more nimble in the trees and with improved counter steering sidehilling and uphill turns were almost effortless. Floated like a dream on stock skis. I would highly recomend either one of these upgrades.I'm sure either one is a good inprovement on it's own, but together....you'll love it. If you do go with the 36" front end be mindful of your loading and unloading ramps so yo don't catch a skag on a cross member. Happy Boondocking!

I was told that the T-Motion kit would NOT work on the 08's without changing the rear suspension. With that said, did you just bolt it up to your sled w/o any changes or did you change your rear suspension prior to installing the T-Motion kit? Just don't want to buy the kit then have to buy more parts and change the rear suspension. Your insight with this would be very helpful.
Thanks

I was told that the T-Motion kit would NOT work on the 08's without changing the rear suspension. With that said, did you just bolt it up to your sled w/o any changes or did you change your rear suspension prior to installing the T-Motion kit? Just don't want to buy the kit then have to buy more parts and change the rear suspension. Your insight with this would be very helpful.
Thanks

X2. I just picked up an '08 and am curious what I will soon be doing to it. Lol

36" front end

I had the local dealer/shop install the t-motion for me. I HAD to have a new track installed which I found on ebay. I got a real sweet deal from a Washington sled shop on a stock track, including free shipping. I bought the track before I knew about the t-motion or flex track. The mechanics here never said anything about new shocks or any other parts I might need. A new stap was included in kit. I've been out riding every day sense I got the sled back together. I did the front end myself, easy install providing your frame and bulkhead are straight. It took me awhile. I haven't had a chance to dial-in or adjust either. The rear end seams to have to much sag....todays project.

Installed one in my 08, only mod was drilling a new hole in the new limiter so it lined up with the stock 08 strap.... that was the only mod to the kit. About 250 miles on it now with out issue.

I do run my front skid mount 1" lower than stock and the sled handles, combined with the S-36 and Camo extreme 2.5 the thing flat works... everywere. Loving my sled this season.

Updates

Stiffened the preload spring to 5, tightened the front shocks spring abit. left the front alone for now. A stiff rear suspension felt more responsive in deep snow. Great ride till I put a hole through the center of track. Broke a cross bar, now it doesn't go around the rear boogies properly. Any suggestions? The t=motion was 375 from local dealer, 220 install (should have done it myself). I got the front end kit off ebay for 510, installed myself.

I tore an entire paddle out of the center of the track, including the middle of the fiberglass rod leaving a big hole right in the middle where it runs over the rear boogies. When the hole rotates around the boogies the track spreads just enough to allow the wheels to push through for a split second. This lets slack into the track and it rubs the inside of the tunnel causing a nasty vibration. As track rotation continues the boogies push the track back out to where it is running over and around the wheels instantly putting tension back into the track. The hole causes the track to jerk in and out of tension, slapping and rubbing the inside of the tunnel. giving the drivers and the motor a hard jolt each time. I don,t know if the hole can be adaquately repaired so it doesn't cause any more damage to the sled.

I would think, on the 08 and 09 t-motion install, you would want to do the front skid shock relocate to complete this upgrade, I used xtreme air vents kit on my 09X skid and it worked very well. I had to replace my track and rails last month, found a new 2.5 Flexedge and bought IceAge rails, wich put the front shock into the upgraded position, so I left that longer shock in place, have the lower front skid shock relocate brakets in a zip-lock bag.

Premium Features

Back