• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowies

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
sledding was awesome!!! Visability and driving back for 2 hours yesterday blew! Two friends came out from Wisconsin and one had to buy a new sled! Here's a pic, made it 80 yards from the trailer and hit a rock on the side of the road!

wisconsin boys 004.jpg

Rode out of Albany Sat & Sun because we could tell the weather was nasty up top and we had kids & newbies with us. The trails were in good shape both days. Got as far north as the warming hut on T trail. Didn't even know that was there till I saw it. Nice hut - thanks to all involved.

Ditto on the highway conditions coming off the mtn Sunday - Nasty indeed. Had to come to a full stop once coming down from Albany, and just a crawl a few other times. The time we stopped it was a complete whiteout.

If you read the post we did get off trail also. We ride the trails to find the best snow areas. Then plan our limited days to those areas. It is amazing how many hidden meadows you stumble across. Most of the time off trail was spent pulling stuck sleds out of that untouched suger... not powder.

I never knew there were so many trails, let alone that they had letters. I guess that is more untouched powder for us. Rode friday and saturday with great snow and conditions---Sunday drove from centenial to green rock and turned around and went back to town. :mad:

Here are some photos from our ride.

100_2045.jpg

100_2046.jpg

100_2044.jpg

100_2042.jpg

100_2032.jpg

Where is the french creek drainage area and the seven fools? immediately south of the Widow Maker ?

Idiot

Have some respect or keep your *** in Iowa. It could be u some day.

I don't understand why some (very few) locals want to bash out of staters any slim chance they get, you Gilligan,are a punk, keep your azz in Rawlins

Have some respect or keep your *** in Iowa. It could be u some day.
wow, aren't you just a shining example of the kind of people our state produces. Not only the parking pass thread, but now this one. I think this is a good time to bring the good old quote out:

"Better to be thought an idiot then open your mouth and prove them right."

Hawkeye, the French Creek drainage is easy to find if you stick on the trails and follow the signs from Albany.

Premium Features

Back