• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowies

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
FIDDY, I was out over week on the 10th, snow was great for boondockin in the trees, never hit a rock. was one of the nicest trips for quality snow conditions i have taken in the state in quite a few years and we had pleant of base!! What side of the mountain were you on? Most of the really great snow was under 9500' in the trees.

hows the snow up past centenial? i think we r heading out the week after the first hopefully theres a good blast after this week i would guess that itll get pretty beat down after the x-mas/new year week

how do u get there from the backside? ive thought about trying a couple years ago and we ended up leaving before i got to try (weather got bad)

Just go about 1/4 of the way around and you will have to do a couple small climbs to get up there. I don't know how to explain it, but once you get to the backside you will be able to see a way up.

Who is riding this weekend? My daughter and I are planning on riding on Saturday and Sunday (and possibly 1/2 day on Monday) with a couple friends out of Greenrock. Anyone else want to meet up?

Brian

Who is riding this weekend? My daughter and I are planning on riding on Saturday and Sunday (and possibly 1/2 day on Monday) with a couple friends out of Greenrock. Anyone else want to meet up?

Brian

beer gut we will be out the weekend of the 5th, will you be around then?

Riding In The Snowies This Weekend.

Heading out to snowy mountain lodge for sat.-mon. I have been riding out west for 15 years but have only been to the snowies only once. So if anyone is there that knows the area. It would be great to have some one to ride with, to show us some good areas. Last time I was there I rode the west side and sierra madres. The snow was terrible. Should be up there early sat. morning 4 guys, black GMC crew cab. I will check this thread before I leave at 5 am. friday.

Thanks

Beer Gut, I might be up for a ride one of those days. Most likely Sunday. My wife has to work Sunday and she wants to go to Ft Collins on Sat. Let me know how to get ahold of you.

I will be there Tues.-Sunday.(1st-6th) Looks like chance of snow all week, so that should cover all the tracks up from the traffic this week.

Just checking on the parking fees i've been hearing about down there. Headed to the Saratoga side on Sat. and just wondering if they are having these issues over there by Ryan park??? Anyone been over there in the last couple days riding? Snow conditions? I know the Centennial side is going to be lights out crowded.......... Any info much appreciated, Thanks

I think that the Chains End Parking area was included in the Use Fee area. However, from what I understand from previous posts, that does not go into effect until Jan 1st. You'r deffinately parking on the right side of the Mtn to get away from some of the parking congestion.

Where to unload?

I've never been to the snowies and was just wondering where the best place to unload is. Albany? Centennial area? We are staying in laramie and we are looking for the best place to unload?

Green Rock parking area
Go past Centennial and you will run into it. I think it's about 7 miles

I've never been to the snowies and was just wondering where the best place to unload is. Albany? Centennial area? We are staying in laramie and we are looking for the best place to unload?

If it's windy go to Albany...if it's not go up top (past Centennial). I'm from Laramie originally now living in Jackson Hole. Went home for X-mas and rode from Albany up to Lake Marie...snow is decent but there still isn't much of a base. Oh yea, there is about two feet of freshies!!

WOW, CCCOOOOLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDD. I don't think it got over 0 all day today. Stopped to eat my lunch-able today. I had a turkey cickle with cheese. Froze my dringing water by 10.

Did discover a couple play areas that no-one had been into yet this year. Shocked the chit outta me. Sorry no pics. Cold sapped the camera battery.

Had a freakin blast.
The more I ride the new sled the more I like it.

I can't wait to get back out there on thurs. Snow here in utah is pathetic compared to the snow over there.

Ollie, I can't wait to ride with your group. Hope you guys bring shovels for the Apex :D

Premium Features

Back