• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoWest Project Trailer 2015: Building a "MORE" perfect trailer.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Have they said when you might see this trailer?
Nope
Delivery hasn't even come up in the discussion.
But I can't really get any use out of it before Thanksgiving around here.
Unless we get SUPER LUCKY, we just don't have a lot of snow before then.

The only reason they would want to push delivery is for me to drag it along to the SW Snowshows and show it off.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Got the first new set of drawings.
Will get them converted into a JPG and posted.

This is what I see on the new drawing so far...

Heater upgraded to 40K BTU
Stereo upgraded
Speakers upgraded
Floor tie downs upgraded
Additional shelf added to rear
Subwoofer cabinet added
8K radiant heater added to rear of trailer to balance heat..

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
picture.php

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
How do you turn?

With the steering wheel in your truck? J/K :face-icon-small-win

it's really no different than turning with a tri-axle trailer. You get a bit more tire slide/drag then with a tandem axle especially on tight turns but the spread axle is said to ride better. You see it a lot in semi trailers as you can actually get more weight on the trailer as it spreads out the weight per axle if I remember correct (but the trailer has to be built for the extra weight)

I guess the better question would be how did the last trailer pull for you? Because your new one should be the same correct. If you were happy with the last one I would not change the new one. Just my opinion.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
With the steering wheel in your truck? J/K :face-icon-small-win

it's really no different than turning with a tri-axle trailer. You get a bit more tire slide/drag then with a tandem axle especially on tight turns but the spread axle is said to ride better. You see it a lot in semi trailers as you can actually get more weight on the trailer as it spreads out the weight per axle if I remember correct (but the trailer has to be built for the extra weight)

I guess the better question would be how did the last trailer pull for you? Because your new one should be the same correct. If you were happy with the last one I would not change the new one. Just my opinion.

Trailer TOWED just fine.
Wouldn't mind having a Turbo Diesel to pull with rather than a V10 though.
And a long bed would always be better than a short bed.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Will get a detailed parts list posted later today and an item by item response from Mirage to my initial set of comments from last season.

All in all they really do seem to be stepping up to the plate to make this trailer better and better.

Premium Features