• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST FORUMS: Premium Memberships now available.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Sorry, just can't help myself...

That has to be one of the most ignorant, short sighted, comments I have ever read in my life. Chase out your best contributors, and let the chaffe decide how the site should work.

Great plan, good luck with it.

Ok, your whining about paying. How is that contributing to the forum.

What have you contributed thats so special , list it here.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage

I can post some stuff there..how about you...?
I actually enjoy helping others..nor do I condemn anyone their veiwpoints..there is always 2 sides to every story....

O
Dec 6, 2007

OK, my problem with this is that you are asking contributors to pay to contribute. I am sorry if you can not see the flaw in that plan. I am like everybody else unhappy with this direction, I can pay, I am choosing not to because I think it is wrong.

I NEVER have claimed to be one of the prime contributors. I have NEVER claimed that my leaving will have ANY effect on the site.

I do however find your tact rather entertaining. You have tried to make this about me personally a couple of times now.

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
?

I'm tellin ya, we're gonna lose some valuable insights!

We already have,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The legendary Spokane thread is but a whisper in the dark these days............

But, I'm sure everyone knows where to find them, and it's FREE!!!!!!!!!!

Moral issues are often easily swayed when the all mighty dollar is involved!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Actually I do. I have the same job you do on another forum, its not as big, but I do have a VERY good idea. I'd venture to say that I spend as much time working on my forums, or more, than you do on this one, because I actually care about ALL my members, paid or not. I dont get paid one red cent for what I do, I keep it free because I appreciate everyons input, I care about the community, and I care about its members.
Good for you! That rocks. Running a forum takes a huge amount of time that most people have little or not understanding of. If you're running other forums on a full time basis like me then perhaps you do understand!

I work on Snowest from 7:30AM till Midnight M-F, sled on Saturdays, and work on it again Sundays as time permits. Its way beyond a full time job for the last few months.

Give or take throughout that time you will see me in and out of the forums all through the day.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO

That has to be one of the most ignorant, short sighted, comments I have ever read in my life. Chase out your best contributors, and let the chaffe decide how the site should work.

you really think you will be a part of the decision making on here?..wow....

I can post some stuff there..how about you...?
I actually enjoy helping others..nor do I condemn anyone their veiwpoints..there is always 2 sides to every story....

I'm not claiming the site will fall apart if I leave like you guys are.

New and formerly silent members will step up, to replace us.
Because most everything on the site is trial and error before it's perfected.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
maybe you need more Super Moderators to help you out
All of the moderators on SnoWest are VOLUNTEERS.
Each of them contribute time, effort and energy as is available.

And I am ALWAYS LOOKING for new Mods who are willing to step up and be part of the forums!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
We need to let people decide if they want to stay or leave, then let every body that that stays decide the format. Not the ones that are leaving.
It would appear you have some inside information.
Because that is exactly what our plan is.

Paid Premium Members will be given an opportunity to voice their opinions on structure and layout of SnoWest sometime in March, and I can almost guarantee you changes to the forum will result from that discussion.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
OK, my problem with this is that you are asking contributors to pay to contribute. I am sorry if you can not see the flaw in that plan. I am like everybody else unhappy with this direction, I can pay, I am choosing not to because I think it is wrong.

I NEVER have claimed to be one of the prime contributors. I have NEVER claimed that my leaving will have ANY effect on the site.

I do however find your tact rather entertaining. You have tried to make this about me personally a couple of times now.

Most that contribute still receive far more than they give. I see no flaw in that. Plus we're getting a Bacon icon!!! I bet that'll change some minds!! :face-icon-small-hap

M

McGuyver

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
gunnison, Colorado
www.smouch.net
bacon.gif

B

bigbadjohn

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 21, 2008
All of the moderators on SnoWest are VOLUNTEERS.
Each of them contribute time, effort and energy as is available.

And I am ALWAYS LOOKING for new Mods who are willing to step up and be part of the forums!

not sure how much help i would be but I'm willing to lend a hand

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
you really think you will be a part of the decision making on here?..wow....
As the guy who is tasked with managing this site on a daily basis for it's owners, I can assure you that the PAID PREMIUM MEMBERS will play a role in the future of the forums.

If "YOU" would like to be part of that, then I offer an invitation to you to join and become part of the group that will lead rather than follow.

How does the old saying go.

Lead
Follow
Or get the heck out of the way.

He has chosen to be in the Lead position on the dog sled.

"If your not the lead dog, the view never changes"

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Members: 42,290, Active Members: 16,818 What is the determining factor between a member and an active member?
42,290 is the total number of accounts registered on the site in the last 2 years.

16,818 is the total number of members who have logged into their accounts in the last 30 days and done something on the forums.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
He is right in this, in the end this is HIGHLY PERSONAL. As you and you alone will make the final decission to Join, Stay and Participate, or not to.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I'm not claiming the site will fall apart if I leave like you guys are.

New and formerly silent members will step up, to replace us.
Because most everything on the site is trial and error before it's perfected.

I have never said the forum will fall apart if I leave...if I leave, this site doesnt exist to me...and you are right..others will step up and try to answer the tech questions...just as we do now....just as you stand here and voice your opinion I am voicing mine..I dont have a problem paying..this is about having input into how something I pay for operates IF I decide to pay..I want gurentees that once WE pay, We will have a legitamit voice in where and how this forum goes into the future....such that by vote of majority of members we can handle issues that have plagued this site over the last 8 months or so...it has become a dictatorship these last months and that I dont agree with...and if that is how this site is going to continue to go..I have no desire or need to be present here.... does that make sense to you?

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
The man that posts this,

Then posts this,

I'm so sorry I offended you, I got confused when you called me ignorant and short sighted.

I will leave this thread now, I so hate offending people.

Premium Features