• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski Doo XM for bigger guys

Hey guy I currently have a 2009 M1000 well I think it is time to upgrade. Anyways I am 6'6" around 300LBS how are the pros working for the bigger guys?

I rented a new M8 this weekend in cooke city and the sled really fit me well but I really like the looks of the pros and I think I want a change from cats.

Right now I am looking at either a pro or a new Ski Doo XM. I asked this same question in the Poo forum so just wanting to get the ski doo guys opinions also.

My etec is still not off break in and it stomps my buddies 12 cat that as reed valvess n can. He even said hands down way more power. And etec is derated 10-20% on break in. Hands down etec is your best out of the box power sled. (just my opinion though)

I am a little smaller but have a good comparison. I had an 11 and a 12 Pro 800and have a 13 XM now. I prefer the XM. Better power,ride, and seems to climb better in all the same places I have had my Pros. The one thing my Pros did better was donuts. I have not got the hang of the XM doing circles but assume it will come. I can put the XM on one ski on hard pack and ride it that way for as long as I wish. Although I could with the Pro also, just not as far and as easily. I also had an 11 Cat 800 with a turbo and Kmod and of course not even close in power, but I do think the XM handles better also. I will say that cat was a rocket!!lol

Last edited:
Same boat here also. Spent a little time on both a few days ago and IMO the XM and Pro need a taller riser since I was too hunched over on both. Would really like to try a + forward steering stem on the XM also. The Pro felt like it did get up on the snow a bit easier than the XM. Really like the e-tech though and the fit and finish seems better on the XM. They both are the two best mountain sleds for 2013 so you just have to pick your poison..

I'm 6 5 240lbs with no gear and I love my XM. I put a ISOVIBE vibration damper (Grip and Rip) on my steering post. It gives the option of 2 1/2" or 1 1/2" rise on the stock riser as well as the vibration damping which works awesome.

The XM ROCKS! It handles amazing. Super easy to man handle, sidehills wicked awesome and pulls really hard!

Premium Features

Back