• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Important >>> Ski-Doo Summit 850 TURBO OEM at long last!!!!!!

Post number 92 has been selected as best answered.

G

ghost rider

Dec 1, 2007
I wouldn’t recommend demoing one. If you do, do at your own risk, it will cost you dearly. Because once you do you will have to have one :). Best sled/turbo I’ve ridden, so smooth and refined in all aspects. I’ve put some hard miles on mine from mile 1 in 3ft plus conditions and it hasn’t hiccuped. I’ve owned numerous turbo’d sleds from every manufacture and they claim hp numbers much higher than the 165 but yet this sled still beats them? It’s that much more efficient. I ride 7,000-10,000ft. Not even a comparison to our 2 great running experts or turbo’d sleds. All smiles
Give credit to where credit is due, great job ski doo. I’ll continue to ride it like I stole it with only a 1 year warranty and see what happens

73676B9C-609A-4748-AC69-10FFA5089A95.jpeg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
More power. Less refined. Not interested.
thats a pretty big bump, but who knows how it will perform till we get some seat time on it.
I would guess there is a comfortable couple of PSI left in that system that could be brought up without compromissing to much.
But that is just a GUESS on my part.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Likely also instantly zero warranty on your new $22k sled as well. Guess I overlooked mentioning that.

If you want to screw up a good thing why not just do what all the whiners were whining about and put an aftermarket kit on and have your 210 hp?

Or you could start with a sweet package that happens to come at a steep price and turn it into a total turd before it’s even a week old.

Yup. Makes total sense to me.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Likely also instantly zero warranty on your new $22k sled as well. Guess I overlooked mentioning that.

If you want to screw up a good thing why not just do what all the whiners were whining about and put an aftermarket kit on and have your 210 hp?

Or you could start with a sweet package that happens to come at a steep price and turn it into a total turd before it’s even a week old.

haha its true..get a left over axys slap a turbo on and save big $$ and still have a better chassis/clutching

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA

You must have missed my post about warranties... ?

• Sad
Reactions: nytro41 and PaulAnd

DanoXRS

King Ding-aLing
Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I don't ride doo, but I love the factory turbo they came out with, more so how its n.a to boost works. It showes how much better the OEM can make a turbo system then the aftermarket. One thing I would like to see is a sensor that can tell the octane, ford eco boost have this. for us low elevation mountain riders we could add higher octane and get more hp. 185hp from sea level up would be nice.
Higher octane doesn't add hp, it allows your engine to run cooler thereby lessening the risk of detonation. If you don't need higher octane fuel but run it anyway, you're actually leaving hp on the table. (I don't mean needing 91 and running 93...I mean needing 91 and running 110).

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Yes I know this, on the polaris with 50/50 91/av gas, we can run 5psi. At 0-4000' . I see bikeman has a 210 hp tune out already, I'm sure Joey will have a video up soon telling use all the details.

Reactions: DanoXRS

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
Higher octane doesn't add hp, it allows your engine to run cooler thereby lessening the risk of detonation. If you don't need higher octane fuel but run it anyway, you're actually leaving hp on the table. (I don't mean needing 91 and running 93...I mean needing 91 and running 110).

That’s not how octane works, it doesn’t affect the temperature. (Ok maybe as a by product of the next sentence that happens) higher octane in fuel allows it to be compressed further without spontaneously combusting under pressure, aka ping, pre-detonation etc. So to a point, you can run more boost or more ignition advance or both depending on the setup.

T
Aug 8, 2011
Anyone get the clutches apart on this thing and see what all is in it? I got mine partly apart to see it has a 40 helix, 2 grams lighter pivot bolt, new 987 ramp that weighs 50 grams and its setup to run clicker 1 out of the box. Not sure on springs in either clutch yet

Reactions: ryanjeri

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
I’ve ridden my 850 at low altitude U.P.
And high altitude 8-10k
Huge difference!
Riding at 8-10 I always want a smidge more power..
After 3-5 days of ridding I can’t lift my arms anyway.. so how much more power can my body handle?
I work out 5 days a week, lift weights, cardio ect..
Race mountain bikes all summer
So I would say I’m well above average fitness level..
So at 50 years old I would have to ride
More than my usual 10 days a season
To benefit from the turbo?
Or work out more and get stronger?
So my point is how much power is usable at a riders fitness level
I think 165hp at all elevations is perfect for me.
More than 165hp would waste me!
I think this new 850t is spot on!
So you guys looking for 200+ Hp
Must be riding a lot!
Or have monster fitness!
Or more power just makes riding easier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features