• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SERVICE BULLETIN: Embedded Map GPS Download & Update Procedure for 10.25" Display

The dealer got mine figured out, update message is no longer there. I believe its not having the dongle when doing these updates at home, no word on the boost gauge, I am not holding my breath that it will work.

The dealer got mine figured out, update message is no longer there. I believe its not having the dongle when doing these updates at home, no word on the boost gauge, I am not holding my breath that it will work.
I used the dongle and it still did not go away. Sled is at the dealer as we speak to try to make the GPS work.

Humm, interesting. yours is the first I heard of that did that without a dongle or being hooked up to a budds. So much for that theory.

You said yours is not working, whats it doing?

Well so far I am really happy with the update, this is the gauge I have been waiting for. Download your riding areas into the gauge, and they seem to load and update without being hooked to any cell or network at all. I made sure the gauge was disconnected from wifi before I started looking around in the map. You need to go to the map manager to download the map.
So you can add GPX files to your BRP map?

There is area maps to download that BRP provides. If I want to ride a different province or state, that map needs to be pre downloaded.

I'll be curious to see what BRP says. Mine seemed to do the same thing but I didn't have time to deal with it. The software updated, rebooted then implied it needed updating again. I figured it didn't take so I tried updating a second time and the screen locked up. I unplugged and reconnected the battery and it started up normally. That's about as far as I have gotten with it.

I didn't have time to check the installed software version (to see if actually updated), check for available maps or GPS functionality. I will give that ago later next week when I have more time to look into it.

Premium Features

Back