• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riddle me this....

B

bwylde

Mar 19, 2011
Vancouver Island
soooo, at the end of last season, my pal had to bring in his 2012 etec in for a recall for piston replacement. Had that done. On our first ride a week and a half ago, 20 mins into the ride(easy road ride) his sled starts crappin out.(intermittently) No codes flashing/nothing. Left side of the engine was covered in oil, we couldn't find from where. He limped it out and dropped it of at our dealer. He picked it up last week, and they told him it was a cracked oil line. Yesterday we head up for his second ride, and about 20 minutes in, it starts doing the same thing. Left side of the engine is covered in oil again, no codes flashing, identical to the first time. Best we can tell is the oil is coming from inbetween the exhaust valves and getting pushed around to the side from air deflection, because dried off, and running no oil visibly leaking on that side. When it starts cutting out, it's similar to a fuel delivery problem,not getting enough fuel, but as soon as it sits for a bit,(and cool) its good to go again, for another 10 or 15 mins. Its almost like the timing is retarding. I don't have a lot of faith in the guys working in the back at this place, but being on an island, there's not much choice. especially with warranty. Anyone have any inkling on this? They may have it fixed today, but, i dunno....

B

bwylde

Mar 19, 2011
Vancouver Island
well not fixed yet, and they say that the clutch is not set up properly, so its revving a little high, and sending into default mode. Ran into another pal with the exact sled yesterday, and apparently his is doing the same thing..who knows...

Premium Features