• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

REAL WEIGHT COMPARISON: Yamaha Viper vs RMK vs XM! (Video W/Ryan Harris from SnoWest)

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
I am 46 years old, and I find it unbelievable that so many people get sooooo fricken butt hurt when someone says something bad about the brand they ride. I check the forums on all 4 brands, just to keep up on the problems/issues that EACH AND EVERY FRICKEN ONE HAS, so in case I come across someone in need of help with an issue, maybe I have read about, and a possible quick fix for it.

I don't give a rats azz which sled is lighter, with snow, with out snow, full tank, half tank, no oil, oil, tool kit, no tool kit, spare belt, no spare belt, when stuck, they are all heavy.

Ride what ya like, ride what works for ya, and quit getting all pissy pants when someone rips on your current brand, who gives a ****!

Y
Dec 15, 2009
shuswap
So, the best thing from Yamaha, is an Arctic cat chassis.

There are couple of guys in revy who use a Polaris" like" chassis.

Maybe its all about the motor and( clutches)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The key for me comes down to what Ryan Harris said about this sled. I have never read one good thing from him about these four strokes. He still said it felt a little heavier riding it but he did say it was a fun sled to ride. So weight aside if a guy like that gives it any kind of praise that says something I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And that was the whole reason I made this post.
No One at SnoWest is big on 4 strokes.
I am the odd man out and the only one that owns 4 strokes.

I was VERY surprised by Ryan's comments..

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
I have a 2014 M8 ltd 153 and a 2014 Viper converted to 153 MTX and some clutch work done.

I REALLY like them both. Neither one feels heavier than the other, but the Cat puts the skis in the air easier and the Viper rails down the roads and picks lines around trees with precision.

If they get the clutch bugs out of the 2015's Poo is in trouble.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
To the peeps being offended by other brand posters, sorry but that stuff has been happening since I joined Snowest anyway lol. You should read it all with a grain of salt and appreciate the fun it can be.
It was around before Snowest too. Just stayed on the hill and how do you stay mad at your buddy when you know tomorrow could be your day for the smack. MO anyway.

Real World though. If you are the heaviest dry on a scale and one brand is whopping it up about being so much lighter dry and the talk starts, how would you show it to be not ACTUALLY true. Kudos to the ad firm. Create a new form controversy to take the dry part away by adding variables that can be debated for ever lol. Fight physics with physics.

One thing I'd like to point out (couple of more digs before I go lol), lots can't afford the turbo option on any brand (so you win there lol). Arctic Cat did this elevation comparison also. Does more power change the way the sled handles? Does a N/A viper make 90 hp at 9000 ft and how does it handle or compare at that HP? Does it carry more snow if it is sunk deeper into it? LOL.
Adding debatable variables will take away focus on facts and even makes facts debatable as to worth. Kinda like a good court case but you get to be the judge and line up the facts any way your heart desires.
If Poo brought out a vid like I described I'm sure they could make it true lol. I'm also sure there would be many non Pooers on the thread explaining their point of view. I'm also sure the pic of the haters will always hate T-shirt will be posted a few times too.

I'll laugh at the vid and posts because it's all true somewhere.

Still waiting patiently for Yamaha to get back into my game.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
SuperStock_4107-80576.jpg

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
Eat your veggies, your mom knows best. They all do! Still gonna check one and nobody on this BS forum will change a thing. I've never ever seen this much chat over a sled in my life:face-icon-small-hap

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
so i gotta ask how many of the winey bitchy people in this thread have ridden the viper,if you hate it like it i dont care.but until you ride it stop wining like a child that got his toy taken away,yes the vid is a bit biased we all no they all do it:face-icon-small-sho.its 2000$ for the turbo kit most dealers are waving the install costs. unlike a 2 stroke you can put a person on a 4stroke turbo that has no turbo knowledge & they wont have issues try that with a 2 stroke turbo sled. for all you wanting a 200hp 450lbs sled who makes one ready to ride right now in a 2stk ahh nobody:face-icon-small-sho.if its fun to ride & doesnt feel a 100lbs heavier than a pro when iam riding it then i dont care what it weighs dry cause i dont ride one dry.i have ridden a 2014 turbo viper 2015 turbo viper & a 2014 stock pro & turbo pro,i know for a fact that anybody that rides the new viper will be shocked at how close they feel.are they for everybody nope no sled is ,so stop wining & try one then post a true opinion.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
You know, I am thinking a MATCHED pair of Turbo Vipers would like nice in the garage next to each other! :face-icon-small-hap

One for the Summer and one for the Winter??

Dodge_Viper_Venom_1000TT_DV_07-CJR_e01.jpg

Last edited:

mysledblows

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
How's the weight compare between the summer and winter versions? Probably not much difference wet:) although that v10 is going to be pretty front end heavy

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
so i gotta ask how many of the winey bitchy people in this thread have ridden the viper,if you hate it like it i dont care.but until you ride it stop wining like a child that got his toy taken away,yes the vid is a bit biased we all no they all do it:face-icon-small-sho.its 2000$ for the turbo kit most dealers are waving the install costs. unlike a 2 stroke you can put a person on a 4stroke turbo that has no turbo knowledge & they wont have issues try that with a 2 stroke turbo sled. for all you wanting a 200hp 450lbs sled who makes one ready to ride right now in a 2stk ahh nobody:face-icon-small-sho.if its fun to ride & doesnt feel a 100lbs heavier than a pro when iam riding it then i dont care what it weighs dry cause i dont ride one dry.i have ridden a 2014 turbo viper 2015 turbo viper & a 2014 stock pro & turbo pro,i know for a fact that anybody that rides the new viper will be shocked at how close they feel.are they for everybody nope no sled is ,so stop wining & try one then post a true opinion.
well, looky here. Someone who has actually ridden the sled and can say they rip. I think a lot of you naysayers are gonna be surprised by this sled. I am going to turbo a sled whether it's a two or four stroke. You can't beat the grunt of a four stroke on boost. Plus you get reliable on top of it. All you light weight whiners can go play in the trees and sidehill to your hearts content. I'll be going over the top. :face-icon-small-win

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Y'all should be careful which whiny b***ch's you allow on this Yamaha. Next thing you know after you sell too many you'll hear all about the snow build up and heavy front because that wasn't what it said in the vid lol. And you'll hear it a lot.

I would think by now the everyone would know you can't trail ride a Poo. Suspention sucks and motor can't take the miles.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
After reading all of this i've decided im buying one just to piss everyone else off. The more fun I have on the sled the more pissed everyone should become. Next year should be interesting. I think I will burn all my Polaris gear in the yard and post the video on youtube. Then hang my new Yamaha jacket from my flag pole, people should really be pissed then.

Last edited:

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
REAL WEIGHT COMPARISON: Yamaha Viper vs RMK vs XM! (Video W/Ryan Harris from ...

After reading all of this i've decided im buying one just to piss everyone else off. The more fun I have on the sled the more pissed everyone should become. Next year should be interesting. I think I will burn all my Polaris gear in the yard and post the video on youtube. Then hang my new Yamaha jacket from my flag pole, people should really be pissed then.

Eassyy baller $$$$ I'll accept any gear of any brand as charity before you go burnin stuff now....I'll pm you my address...thank you I hope you reconsider

Ps...I'll pay s&h

Premium Features