• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Poo 2.6" track troubles

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Be aware, Camso makes stock Camo Extreme 2.86 replacement tracks in 155 and 163, also, for stock drivers. Dual ply, fully clipped. No impact on gearing ;) - when talking driver impact on gearing, always have to spec both pitch and the number of teeth on the drivers, FWIW.
Yes the camso challenger extreme 2.5 would be a good drop in replacement. No changes needed, should be under $650 new. Takes about an hour to change a track on a quickdrive sled.

E
Dec 23, 2019
Be aware, Camso makes stock Camo Extreme 2.86 replacement tracks in 155 and 163, also, for stock drivers. Dual ply, fully clipped. No impact on gearing ;) - when talking driver impact on gearing, always have to spec both pitch and the number of teeth on the drivers, FWIW.
I could buy the Extreme 2.5" and that would be far and away the easiest option. I like the idea of running a little deeper lug profile though since I ride in mostly soft, deep snow. Still trying to get track warrantied. Have you guys seen this track do this? They are saying I hit something, but where is the damage to the track at the split?

IMG_0393.jpg IMG_0394.jpg

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I could buy the Extreme 2.5" and that would be far and away the easiest option. I like the idea of running a little deeper lug profile though since I ride in mostly soft, deep snow. Still trying to get track warrantied. Have you guys seen this track do this? They are saying I hit something, but where is the damage to the track at the split?

I bet you could sew that thing up with 10 loops of stainless wire and run it a couple years.

E
Dec 23, 2019
I don't know what sleds you guys have but I have a brand new 2.6 155 track with 0 miles on it...
I’m running a 163. Really considering swapping out the drivers and putting the Camso x2.7 on it and not messing around with the track from Polaris. Major durability questions after my experience.

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
Just came in from riding my 850 155 with the camso X2.7, approximately 40cm of winded powder snow and heavy snow underneath.

For me the track brings more fun to the riding, hooks up really hard and makes it possible to lift the front end more easily.

But, takes a little more finesse to ride than the series 6 in which is more forgiving, both the x3 and x2.7 can trench if setup wrong in the suspension or if riding it like a series 6.

but for me it is a killer kombo, we also have alot of hardpack and setup snow here.

I also remeasured the circumference of the stock polaris 7tooth 2.86’’ drivers and the Avid 3’’ 7tooth polaris style drivers. Avids were about 0.5cm larger, in other words they are the same.

I have run the camso Challenger extreme 2.5’’ for many years on prorides, I would get the X2.7:)

5643988C-36B5-4E7E-8338-6699A2B74408.jpeg
E63D83CB-25E2-447D-ABF5-79777CF298DD.jpeg

Premium Features