• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pictures of a few rifles...

I second the STW I have one in a sandaro. Also have a 30-378 that shoots well.If the shells where any longer I couldnt carry them on my stock. HAHAHA

IMG_0663.jpg

Yah something about that 7mm STW that just works great. Probably one of my favorite 7mm's but very un-common. I think Winchester chambered it mostly and a few remingtons but other than that, its pretty un-common. We had great luck with 140gr Ballistic Silver tip and I think it was 68grains of H4830.....I cant really remember :face-icon-small-dis it was some time ago, but definatly a performer out of the box.

Anyone got any pictures they want to post of their rifles?

I have a 7mm STW chambered in the Sako TRGS action. I load 140gr. noslers with 82.5 grains of IMR 7828. I've never cronoed the rounds but I'm thinkin they are rippin somewhere between 35-3600fps. My Fav in the .284 category other than my .280 ackley which is on a rem mountain lite action, good for sheep hunting. Heres a pic of a half decent whitetail I took at 430 yds with the STW. And a Muley at 200yds.

HPIM0297.jpg

HPIM0714.jpg

I have a 7mm STW chambered in the Sako TRGS action. I load 140gr. noslers with 82.5 grains of IMR 7828. I've never cronoed the rounds but I'm thinkin they are rippin somewhere between 35-3600fps. My Fav in the .284 category other than my .280 ackley which is on a rem mountain lite action, good for sheep hunting. Heres a pic of a half decent whitetail I took at 430 yds with the STW. And a Muley at 200yds.

HPIM0297.jpg

HPIM0714.jpg

Nice bucks. That whitetaill is awesome! Lots of character. Gotta love that you have in the trunk of your car.

Just figured I'd share a little here too.

Top is my Browning Eclipse 7mm Rem Mag W/Bushnell elite 5-15X40
Bottom is my Remington XR-100 .204 Ruger w/Weaver Grand Slam 6-20X40
DSCN0567.jpg

And just for Nate :D my Plinker S&W 460 XVR topped with a Brurris 2-7 Balistic Plex.
DSCN0569.jpg

7MM STW is definitely a sweet out of the box caliber. Had a Sako on order when they first hit the market but after waiting 6mos I decided to go get a 270 WSM instead. I'm real happy with it but still kinda wished I'd have waited for the STW.

and BTW, I would have gone 338 Cheytac if it would have fit in my Tikka action.

Yah I think you were also gonna go with a .338 Ultramag or some other low rent caliber before I talked you into the .330 Dakota :D Dakota cartridges OWN man

Actually less than a buck a round for Hornady's stuff, and cheaper yet if I hand load it.

That and the beauty of it is I can still shoot 45 long colt or 454 casuel through it.

Oh and I'm still thinking of having you morph my A-bolt 270 WSM to a 6.5 WSM and deffinately need to get the .325 WSM up to you for a Brake as it's a little hard on the shoulder to work up some loads with as I still haven't found a recipe that makes me happy with it yet. but I'm determined.

Between sleds and guns there's not a whole lot left for food and :beer; anymore:rolleyes:

Yah I think you were also gonna go with a .338 Ultramag or some other low rent caliber before I talked you into the .330 Dakota :D Dakota cartridges OWN man
Close, but not quite. Was going to keep it the .338 WinMag it was originally :D

You and Chuck going to work up some load for me while I'm out of the area and load up all the hulls he's got on order?

SO what's up with the owner of Cooper Firearms (MT) coming out and saying he is supporting Blobama?
Cross them off my list!
Too bad for the employees there though, I'm sure his comments are going to kill that business.

Nate, Do you guys sell the .408 CheyTac?

Yes, .338, .375, and .408 along with brass and bullets. We only use Barney Lawton's actions and Badger Ordnance or A.I. Magazines.

We can do a full Titanium Cheytac action with fiber stock and barrel and get the Cheytac series around the 10lbs scoped ready to go

Premium Features

Back