• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FS: 2003 Pro-X 800 144" $3000/obo

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Sold!!!!

SLED IS SOLD!!!!

Up for sale I have a 2003 Polaris Pro-X 800. Sled has 3600 miles, has been ridden everywhere from the flatlands of South Dakota to the Black Hills, Big Horns, Snowy Range and Yellowstone. It's

a great crossover sled for riding in all conditions. Sled has approximately 3600 miles. I am asking $3000/obo. Right now I'm pretty firm on the price of $3000, that may or may not change. This sled

has a clear title and no liens on it.

Book value: $3300 (for a stock one)

In the summer of 2006 the motor was completely rebuilt, from top to bottom by Indy Specialty in Welch, MN(formerly Shakopee). The owner, "Indy Dan" as he is known, knows Polaris motors as good(if not better)

than anybody. The motor was never burnt down, I just wanted to ensure that it would be as reliable as possible during the time I owned the sled(and for the next owner as well). These 800 VES motors have had

a few problems with the crankshafts but the work that Dan at Indy Specialty did to the motor should ensure that it will last for many years and miles to come. He has done work on this motor for many people

and the results have been very good. The motor had approximately 1600 miles on it at that time, so the motor has about 2000 miles on the rebuild.

List of work done by Indy Specialty(I have the receipt to prove it). - $1300 worth of work on the motor.

Crank straightened to better than factory specs.
Crankcases line bored for perfect crank bearing fit.
Diamond honed cylinders
New pistons and rings
New bearings, gaskets, o-rings, seals, water pump belt, etc.
Primary clutch balanced

List of modifications, add-ons, accessories:

PERC (Polaris Electronice Reverse Control) - Push a button and the motor will run in reverse allowing the sled to backup. Push again to run the motor normally.
SLP single pipe, y-pipe and silencer (slightly louder than stock, sounds very nice)
SLP High Flow Airhorn Intake Kit
Two SLP flowrites in dash
V-Force 3 reeds
20/42 gearing(2.10 ratio), 74 pitch chain
Tracks USA 121"-144" tipped up rail extensions(interlock into the rails for superior strength.
Tracks USA 121"-144" tunnel extension
Camoplast 144"x15"x2" track, fully clipped, all windows open, notched for coolers (only missing 2-3 lugs, otherwise in great shape)
Tail light from a 2008 Yamaha FX Nytro MTX (nice and bright, looks great)
6" Rec-Riser (2" taller than stock)
Power Addiction One piece motor plate (less vibration, better clutching performance)
Custom torque arm and SLP MAG side push arm (less vibration, better clutching performance)
Holtzman ATACC (Automatic Temperature & Altitude Carburetor Compensator) - Compensates for elevation and temperature changes automatically. It has always worked flawlessly.

The drive train bearings, gears and chain were all replaced at the same time that the 144" setup was installed and the motor rebuilt.
Hyfax were replaced last season and have plenty of life left.

This sled runs very well, is reliable and gets good gas and oil mileage.

The clutching is currently setup for 7-10K feet, but I can setup the clutching for whatever elevation the buyer would like. Clutching parts for other elevations are available for purchase separately.

The items below are NOT included with the sled (but can be added for an additional price, although I may keep them for my next sled):

SLP Powder Pro skis with Shaper Bars - $200 (Sled will come with stock skis and Roetin carbides)
Between the Lines Designs reverse compatible Ice Scratchers. - $40

Please note that the sled is sitting on a side slope in the pictures, that's why it appears to lean.

Sled is located in Stickney, South Dakota which is 8 miles south of Exit 310 on Interstate 90. Pickup available 7 days a week. I will consider meeting somewhere but would need some compensation for fuel.

Buyer will receive Bill of Sale upon pickup and the Title will be mailed after the check clears the bank.

Sled is sold as-is, with no warranty expressed or implied.

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Joel

100_1346.jpg 100_1347.jpg 100_1349.jpg 100_1350.jpg 100_1351.jpg 100_1358.jpg 100_1359.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features