• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pictures of a few rifles...

N

Nate

Below are some pics taken with my phone of some progress guns of the gunshop I work at :o The Tactical Skeleton style stocks we are a dealer of these stocks if you would like to put one on your gun. We are a dealer for Wyoming, Utah, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Colorado, and Idaho.

http://www.mcreesprecision.net/

Thats the website. I vouch for the craftsmanship they put into their riflestocks. A very nice addition to any rifle and very comftorable.

The 2 black guns belong to Supplicate on here, the skeleton rifle is a Stiller action .308 clip fed :) The other is a Tika custom .330 Dakota with a Mcmillan stock. Chad aka Supplicate had us build these rifles to his specs on the design. They are waiting for you to pick them up Chad :D If you dont pick them up I have a few customers who want them.

The desert tan camo is my clip fed .338 Cheytac with Lawton action blueprinted and customed to my specs. Throws 300gr match ammo at 3690fps.

If you would like a gun built or to order a gun part or buy a stock pm me, dealer for most everything.

Sorry the pictures are not very good :o

gunnl6.jpg

gun2ku1.jpg

gun3ku9.jpg

So nate, what's your opinion on a good off the shelf 7mm right now? New brownings x-bolt or remmington? Looking at the 7mm ultra mag from rem. Brother really likes his and hasn't had any issues with it. Wish I could do the cheytec something like that for the yotes would be fun :D:D

Nate - i know ur a rifle man, but what is a good hand gun to get, 9MM, 45, etc...?? Looking to get a new one...

TIA

So nate, what's your opinion on a good off the shelf 7mm right now? New brownings x-bolt or remmington? Looking at the 7mm ultra mag from rem. Brother really likes his and hasn't had any issues with it. Wish I could do the cheytec something like that for the yotes would be fun :D:D

aww ya had to go and say off the shelf :rolleyes: 7mm-08 or 7WSM, I would recommend the Dakota stuff, 7mm Dakota, 300 Dakota and 330 Dakota. ballistically they own the off the shelf common stuff. But technically Dakota ammo is off the shelf, so thats what I recommend, I recommend the 300 Dakota because its better than any of the above 7's :)

I own a Remington Model 700 Sendero SF 7mm Ultramag. I like it, its a good gun, but the 7mm Ultramag is under bored for the case. You have to have the barrel at 25+ inches to burn 100% of the powder. It pukes un-burnt powder down the barrel causing some fouling. But its a good cartridge. The only caliber they should have put in the Ultra Mag cases were .30 and .33 cals. 7mm is just too under bored.

I dont mess with much of the Browning stuff, I stayed in the Remington/Winchester and mostly into custom actions with a few Rugers and CZ's. They are just common and easy to build off of.

Nate - i know ur a rifle man, but what is a good hand gun to get, 9MM, 45, etc...?? Looking to get a new one...

TIA

I have a .45, alot of my shooting partners carry .45. I have a Kimber .45ACP Covert II. I really like it. I recommend a Springfield XD .45, take a look around Springfields website and find a pistol that you like and I will price it out :) You could look at Kimbers website but your paying for alot of name if you consider one, I have yet to have a prob with mine and love it to death. Nothing wrong with the 9mm's, just not my favorite.

aww ya had to go and say off the shelf :rolleyes: 7mm-08 or 7WSM, I would recommend the Dakota stuff, 7mm Dakota, 300 Dakota and 330 Dakota. ballistically they own the off the shelf common stuff. But technically Dakota ammo is off the shelf, so thats what I recommend, I recommend the 300 Dakota because its better than any of the above 7's :)

Yeah unfourtunately with gettin married again... yeah again obviously didn't learn the first time...... and gettin a house and having the four kids I don't think life/wife will allow me the luxury of getting a 7mm custom built synthetic stock nothing fancy just reliable. :rolleyes: Really been looking at the Remington 700 sps in the Ultra mag with the 26" barrel. Like the simple clean blackout look.

Obama will be coming for the guns next week

Is that what it would take to get gun owners to get together and say no? If Australia is any sort of map, they just rolled over, and gave up their guns, without more than a couple fights. Is that what would really happen here?

Gotta ask Nate: why not the 408 M-200?

The .338 was more efficiant. Bullet and powder wise and ballistically the .338 shoots better, even better yet the .375 shoots the best. Dave Viersco invented the 408 for 1 reason and that was to double up on anti aircraft and personnel for the military. The .338 whizzes out their faster and more efficiantly than any .338 on the market. We have a guy who comes around often that can shoot my .338 Cheytac over a mile and hit 20" targets, better yet he can throw groups at 2000 yards. Not an easy task.

The reason I did it was only due to the bullets and speed I could get them out there. I can buy bullets at my local sports store and throw them around the 3700fps mark, which will embarass ANY .50 on the bench between 100 yards and 2300 yards. The .50 became obsolete when Dave Viersco invented the Cheytac Rounds. The M-200 and my rifle are really no different from each other, they gurantee groups at 2000 yards and I will gurantee groups at 2000 yards. They have a folding modular stock and I do not, but I do have the same ballistic program and software on my PDA as do they. Their M-200 Civilian which ranges out to 1800 or so yards prices right at $14,200ish with tax, I would probably let mine go for $9500 with dies and software. But im not so sure I would let mine go.

My bullets range in price with the .338 Chey. from anywhere to $1.80-$7.40 a shot. When I need the most accurate round I can get BC wise I have a company in Germany hand turn my bullets on a lathe. These bullets give me a 1.2 Ballistic Coefficiancy at 300gr. When I shoot just whatever, I shoot the Sierra Matchkings in a .33 cal at 300gr. Not bad, but the German made bullets are the best. I pay $1.90 per bullet from the German company to match my chamber and twist. When I shoot the German made stuff its around $7.00 a shot, but ill be in the 95% accuracy range past 1500 yards. Right now the gun is not being used, if you look closely in the picture their is no trigger, there is no extractor, and of course no scope. Those 3 items are being used in Iraq right now for Blackwater Personnel. I am not using it at the moment and I use a Jewell safety benchrest trigger with a Seiko extractor. I use a Nightforce 12x42x56NXS for a scope.

The gun is loaded, nothing is safe in the mile range of it. If you would like to build one you can go through us. We can go as deep as a carbon fiber barrel to a titanium action and get the .338 Chey, .375 Chey, and the .416 Chey all in the 10lb range unloaded with a clip.

All calibers fell obsolete when Cheytac Cartridges were introduced, including BMG, Lazzaroni, and Dakota Arms.

The future was put into Cheytac calibers, the geometry of the 3 have made it so that it will take another decade or so to match by any other company. Although they are not for everyone because mine weighs in the 15lbs range (although balanced better than any of my rifles) it is still just too much to carry for elk hunting. The price of the titanium action and carbon barrel puts it out of reach of any common shooter (15+k). I built mine for the cost of parts and to experience and test the round, I have done so thus far with excellent results. To build one to my specs would be around $10k, to build one to the lowest you can build one would be around $7700 not including dies or any of that. The brass has to be bought through a Sturgis SD company, and brass is by no means cheap. Cheytac ammo was built for the serious shooters. On average it costs about $4.00 to shoot this cartridge, but if used wisely can be catostrophic to anything you put crosshairs on.

P.s. gotta love the H&H mags :D im a huge pre-64 Win. H&H guy.

You might want to look into the 7mm STW. I have one in a Model 70 Winchester Laredo and it is by far the most accurate factory rifle I have EVER shot (using handloads, of course) and I have shot a bunch of them. I bought it to use in light gun 1,000 yard competitions and it works BEAUTIFULY for it. In fact, the only gun that I have ever owned that will outshoot it at anything over 500 yards is my custom Model 70 in .300 Weatherby Magnum and I had to completely work it over (30" Lilja barrel, Jewel trigger, McMillan stock, etc.) to get it to shoot that way.

Premium Features

Back