• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

patriot vs doo vs alpha

Question is, was the 850 out of breakin? I knew I should had broke out the cell and recorded a vid. Im uploading a awesome 58 second pull in a steep twisty ,single sled wide drainage that was filled with over 2 feet of snow vid on utube, ill post it on here if I can figure out how to do it.

is it the cat guys track your building speed off of in your vid?

On the acenders...have they fixed the (lack of) steering angle and narrowed up the panels any? I’m behind the 8 ball...haven’t even seen a 2018/19 Cat riding around here. They must have if it does better and the really steep techy sidehills. Rode a nice 2015 M8 through some gnarly stuff today and forgot how those thing panel out so early on steep slow side hills. Good hillclimb and general playing around machine...but when the going gets ugly it does not shine....wide body and limited steering just kill it. One spot was a very mandatory sidehill, and I would have killed for a clapped out 2011 Pro (let alone Axys) at that point.

These two sleds are two different animals. The new ascender has different clutches, eight tooth drivers and more. Your sled review cred is now in shambles. After rebuilding your engine, Please find an ascender and try again.

Lol i could compare a 2016 to 2016 and the outcome is still the same... i guess you put your fingers in your ears and "didnt want to hear" the part where i said it wasent really a fair comparison.. but thats ok its prob the ac fanboy scelective hearing kicking in.. after youve replaced your rail and dug a mile long trench we could race... but youll loose...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...0591&id=164846380246341&anchor_composer=false

The 2018 cats are much improved when it comes to paneling out. They will hold their own with the Polaris chassis. The new motor is a beast in the mid range. I've run my stage 2 800 Axys and they will pull away a bit in the mid range. The Polaris still gets up on the soft snow a little better at slow speed but the power claw track grabs a lot better if there anything to grab down there. I think a lot depends on the chassis you get used to. I like my Axys better in deep soft stuff but the Cat is easier to keep on edge in lower snow. My Axys is at 37 inches.

I don't know how my alpha compares to an 850. I've rode two 850s and they are awesome. They are just an easier handling axys with more power. I do know the alpha gets better traction than any sled I've rode to date. They are a sidehilling machine in deep snow. They will also go up a trenched out track, in the trees at speed, like nobody's business so I don't really care. Fun factor is huge. In reality the 850 should win.

is it the cat guys track your building speed off of in your vid?

Mmmm nope, no cats there only 3 850 pol and 1 800 axys, the 800 had a hard time getting up after all 3 850s got up.
A few days prior to this, a simular chute we call chaos chute, there was a 18 ctech that never made it up cause he couldnt keep his skies down.
I was out yesterday with the same alpha rider but he wouldnt clallenge me again, i did do several steep climbs , starting from the slope base and was getting, 47 to 49 mph track speed vs the 800 axys with me on the same slope got 41 mph, these 850s are fast if thier clutched right.

Lol i could compare a 2016 to 2016 and the outcome is still the same... i guess you put your fingers in your ears and "didnt want to hear" the part where i said it wasent really a fair comparison.. but thats ok its prob the ac fanboy scelective hearing kicking in.. after youve replaced your rail and dug a mile long trench we could race... but youll loose...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...0591&id=164846380246341&anchor_composer=false
How much money do you have to lose? If it’s enough to cover my travel expenses Ill drive right to your front door. Etransfer will work fine before I depart. Make any mod you you want except for a turbo. I’ll give you twice the amount back if you can beat me. Pm me and Ill give you my email. It’s an old clapped out 16 174 Doo tho. Just to make it interesting, I’ll double someone on a steep and deep climb to even the playing field. I’m not even joking. I will ride two up in this race. How could you say no to this great offer? It’d be like getting paid to sled!!!! Woohoo!!

Last edited:
Mmmm nope, no cats there only 3 850 pol and 1 800 axys, the 800 had a hard time getting up after all 3 850s got up.
A few days prior to this, a simular chute we call chaos chute, there was a 18 ctech that never made it up cause he couldnt keep his skies down.
I was out yesterday with the same alpha rider but he wouldnt clallenge me again, i did do several steep climbs , starting from the slope base and was getting, 47 to 49 mph track speed vs the 800 axys with me on the same slope got 41 mph, these 850s are fast if thier clutched right.

Do you happen a vid of the speedo on these 850 47-49mph track speed climbs? How about the 41 mph 800 speedo? Funny cuz Burandts turbo 850 only gets 41mph track speed in a good, slow speed chew. It’s not believable unless it’s on vid bud.

Last edited:
850 poo about the same as 800 etec and ctec

Right? I loved that comment about needing "850 class power" to compete.LOL So the 850 Poo has what 5-7 more hp than the 800 cat and when you correct for 10,000 ft altitude the advantage is 3-4 hp and THAT is going to make the Poo a monster the Cat can't keep up with?

You guys are mixing some pretty strong chit into that poolaid these days LMFAO

Boy, you cat boys sure do get defensive when someone beats up on your precious. This was a pretty relaxed, easy-going thread of people giving their personal experiences, both good and bad. Right up until kanedog and his pal bigten got their feelers hurt. Hang in there fellas, most guys realize the alpha (and the 18+ mtn cat) is a pretty damn good machine. It just might not be the second coming of Jesus just yet

Last edited:
On the acenders...have they fixed the (lack of) steering angle and narrowed up the panels any? I’m behind the 8 ball...haven’t even seen a 2018/19 Cat riding around here. They must have if it does better and the really steep techy sidehills. Rode a nice 2015 M8 through some gnarly stuff today and forgot how those thing panel out so early on steep slow side hills. Good hillclimb and general playing around machine...but when the going gets ugly it does not shine....wide body and limited steering just kill it. One spot was a very mandatory sidehill, and I would have killed for a clapped out 2011 Pro (let alone Axys) at that point.

The Ascender chassis is narrower than an Axys.

Funny Opposite for me. Ill be in Revy for 2 weeks starting this sunday be cool to ride with a local and run my alpha against ya with some video.

nice easy laid back chill invite here if someone wants to see if results are the same outside their usual riding group...

Boy, you cat boys sure do get defensive when someone beats up on your precious. This was a pretty relaxed, easy-going thread of people giving their personal experiences, both good and bad. Right up until kanedog and his pal bigten got their feelers hurt. Hang in there fellas, most guys realize the alpha (and the 18+ mtn cat) is a pretty damn good machine. It just might not be the second coming of Jesus just yet

Me and Bigten are lovers.

How do u figure the ski stances are both 36"? The panels on the cat are wider than axys.

Don’t forget at the running boards.

The tunnel/ brake/chaincase is 6” wider than an axys.
This pushes your foot out into the snow even with the wider running boards.

Width at the outside of running boards is 3” wider overall.

The panels are all above that and less of an issue than the hard parts.

Combine that with the 1 1/2” lower chassis (ascender) and you have a wide low heavy snowplow.

Combine that with the 1 1/2” lower chassis (ascender) and you have a wide low heavy snowplow.

The tunnel is 6" wider but the wider running boards are 3" wider?
Your measuring skills are as bad as your logic.

Wrong, get a tape measure.

Premium Features

Back