• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Mule Goodbye Thread

N

not_crashleroux

I'm Back

I'm going to add to what buck said. It's not that moderating is tough, it got made tougher when the level of respect left. The respect left with Christopher and his goon squad. You can't bring outsiders into a tight knit community like snowmobilers and expect people to hang on their every word. You know it doesn't work like that.

The icing on the cake is the gross disrespect shown to the membership that spoke back. The Whambulance? Deleting everything that didn't fit with the direction the overlords want this place to go? Deleting threads that don't speak favorably of a sponsor? People being made mods that have been on this board for less time than a woman's menstrual cycle?

One train wreck after another.

Ok So this probably wont last for more than a few minutes and while I could keep this up all day, I have other places to be and a LIFE!!!

Not sure if you banned my BigD for this post or if it was the business application that I posted. Either way, I had to come back and comment on where this has all gone.

Mule was fair with all of us, as BigD always has been, but as beels said if they don't respect us and we have no respect for them, why listen to the threats and warning? Christopher brought in new mods that have not been around our community for very long. They didn't start out by trying to understand what we were all about, they immediately started using their power to change us. Power hungry? maybe but before you can hope to change a bunch of rebellious sledders into your mold of the perfect forum member, please remeber that we created this forum community long before they arrived.

Then when they "try" and earn our respect by answering a basic question they lie to us ("no don't ever know who drives the wambulace",christopher) and then deny it later.

You point to the Klim thread as our rallying point, well it seems to be the beginning of the end, protecting an advertiser from being bashed just because what your scared to lose their $. They were clearly in the wrong on the warranty deal and even if they aren't people can be allowed to voice their opinion. And it may have been put back but it wasn't the same after that plus it was not posted at the top of the list so it died out and the newer klim thread stayed at the top. You stated that the inappopriate posts were removed from the thread, I had one of those and while I may have typed most of chit, and called my gloves a piece of crap, I still don't see how that was inappropriate. Manufacturer bashing, really I drive a VW and call is a piece all the time, is that bashing?

As for the membership numbers, those totals keep getting jammed in front of everyone; look here how many members and threads that SW has; Well big woop if there is nothing new worth a damn how long can those old threads keep new people coming especially with charge. How long before a new member figures out what is going on here and has something removed? Do they accept it as norm? or will they see one of these threads about bashing and bail? Time will tell........It does sadden me to see what has become of the once mighty SW, but history does repeat itself (amsnow).

Crashleroux BANNED and OUTTIE :beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
I feel like a lot of the people have been saying. I want to see how it ends. Change is hard. I see the end goal and look forward to it. We knew it wasn't going to be pretty going in. But, in the end, it will be a positive change and hopefully people will see the value that will be offered.

I understand a lot of the aggravation with the so-called over-moderation. Moderating a forum is a unique experience and not everybody is good at it. At the end of the day, though, it comes down to enforcing the rules of the forum. I will be the first to admit that for a long time here the inmates have been running the asylum. What one person calls overmoderation, another may call "it's about time they enforced the rules." For every vocal person who posts a beef publicly there may be 10 that show support privately, or there may be 30 who have the same complaint. It's a balancing act. When it hasn't been done to an acceptable level for a long time, it is painful when it does finally get done. That's where we are. Ultimately, as people get used to following the actual rules, I think the unrest will settle. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.

Darrin

yes this forum ran perfectly for so many year its sad to see where its going. i hate to say it but i cant see it settling you have lost almost 2000 people to just one new site in 2weeks allot of them made this site what it is. now think how many you have lost if you start including the rest of the snow sites scary isnt it.:face-icon-small-dis

S
Aug 16, 2004
Winnipeg MB
I'm going to add to what buck said. It's not that moderating is tough, it got made tougher when the level of respect left. The respect left with Christopher and his goon squad. You can't bring outsiders into a tight knit community like snowmobilers and expect people to hang on their every word. You know it doesn't work like that.

The icing on the cake is the gross disrespect shown to the membership that spoke back. The Whambulance? Deleting everything that didn't fit with the direction the overlords want this place to go? Deleting threads that don't speak favorably of a sponsor? People being made mods that have been on this board for less time than a woman's menstrual cycle?

very very well put!

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002

What about the disrespect from the members? Seem like most people leave this extremely important point out. All the rest is justification for people to act like children... and get (surprisingly to some) punished accordingly.

B

buck50

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Cochrane, Alberta
What about the disrespect from the members? Seem like most people leave this extremely important point out. All the rest is justification for people to act like children... and get (surprisingly to some) punished accordingly.
respect is a 2 way street. you NEVER saw this amount of disrespect before, from either side! as soon as one side(admin, mods) started with it, the members answered! as YOU like to point out, it takes 2 to tango, not all the members fault, or the admins/mods totally. but this fight was started, and not by the members

A
Aug 7, 2009
Berthoud Colorado
Hey I wish I had a snowscoot. I like the one in the Perf/mod area with the Banshee motor in it. Ahh what was the screen name of the guy that made that. It was one bad little snoscoot let me tell ya.
Yeah I have two sleds. 700 viper 500 mountain lite.
As for respect I respect the heck out of the members.
thanks guyss

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
respect is a 2 way street. you NEVER saw this amount of disrespect before, from either side! as soon as one side(admin, mods) started with it, the members answered! as YOU like to point out, it takes 2 to tango, not all the members fault, or the admins/mods totally. but this fight was started, and not by the members

So is this like the Capulets and the Montagues then? Isn't that the same justification the Isreal and the Palestinians use too?

He started it? Bad johnny....

The hate and anger is the problem. There comes a point were people need to ask themselves what they are doing and why, and if it is even worth their important time to do it.

Life is too short to spend it angry, especially on / for a website, IMO.

Last edited:
J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto

not all mods were power hungry bucky! in my 1 month as a mod i didnt have to do much, as for who becomes a mod? there should be some set guide lines. if a person has under 5000 post! shouldnt be a mod, under 1 year as a member. same deal. super mod? should be a long term member and a big poster. not saying post or time are the only things that make a mod, but it should be some sort of inducation of the persons charactor

B

buck50

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Cochrane, Alberta
not all mods were power hungry bucky! in my 1 month as a mod i didnt have to do much, as for who becomes a mod? there should be some set guide lines. if a person has under 5000 post! shouldnt be a mod, under 1 year as a member. same deal. super mod? should be a long term member and a big poster. not saying post or time are the only things that make a mod, but it should be some sort of inducation of the persons charactor
never meant to imply ALL admins/mods, sorry JBB! but there are lots of bad ones, with only a few good ones, which have mostly been fired or quit

Premium Features