• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking to meet some riding buddies

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
your right highlife! I think I was thinking about drinking buddies and stuff like that when I mentioned my age ppl. I am here now in Eagle River. M1ke's got me worried about the quakes, but most people say they aren't bad at all. The other thing is he said that It'll get 30 below a lot of the time that we're out there riding in Jan. and Feb. I'd like to meet some of you that have offered to show me around and all that. Thanx 2 all.

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
No job yet. :mad: Which really sux. This is 2 weeks that Ive been here and I have NO money left.

But I would like to meet some people. I haven't made many friends yet :confused:

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Dougy, Dougy , dougy..lest ye forget..the old lady took away your kitchen pass this spring..remember..you are done..stick a fork in it daddy...no more climbing, boondocking..only thing in your future is dirty diapers..midnight feedings and puke..................demon..if ya get a chance..ya gotta go ride with dougy...Mr. johnny wick would also be a good one to hook up with...but make sure if you ride with them that both you and your sled have good insurance....:eek::D....welcome to AK...

LMAO ........ stop ........ your killing me :D My sled made it back to me in one peice!!!! Of course that was the first time....... I cant wait to ride again!!!!:D these are really good guys....seriously:D

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
No job yet. :mad: Which really sux. This is 2 weeks that Ive been here and I have NO money left.

But I would like to meet some people. I haven't made many friends yet :confused:

stop on in at Jitters, i'll buy ya a cup of coffee. I'm usually there in the mornings sittin by the windows with my laptop in front of me. Look for the SnoWest sticker on the laptop, with an "old fart" sittin in front of it:beer;

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
your right highlife! I think I was thinking about drinking buddies and stuff like that when I mentioned my age ppl. I am here now in Eagle River. M1ke's got me worried about the quakes, but most people say they aren't bad at all. The other thing is he said that It'll get 30 below a lot of the time that we're out there riding in Jan. and Feb. I'd like to meet some of you that have offered to show me around and all that. Thanx 2 all.

don't go listenin to M1ke, he's still gettin his feet wet in these parts:rolleyes::D

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Thanx LiveAlaska - I'm not too much of a coffee drinker but I'd hit ya up if they have good creamer:D Haven't had a glass of milk and sugar with a splash of coffee since I left MT. Lol. I don't gotta be at work til 9 but if you see the time of this post, you'll realize why I won't be there tomorrow.

And Dash - your welcome for the best thread on SW :beer;

Also: I'd like to be a tourist this weekend. Any strongly suggested areas to visit?

Last edited:
H
Jun 25, 2009
Eagle River, AK
Also: I'd like to be a tourist this weekend. Any strongly suggested areas to visit?

a downtown "crawl" is a must. And if you start early enough in the day the tourist shops are all open, with their "Bear props" and things. Word to the wise, the little shop next to The PIO has the BEST icecream!!!! :)

But if you want a real adventure, strap on your hikin shoes cuz there's tons of places to go!! :)

We also have tiny zoo, and a wildlife refuge... but the sea life center (in Seward) is pretty cool. And I suggest a trip to Hatchers...fumble around at the mine & do a little playin in the snow. Or head to Whitter... Be sure to stop at Portage. Good luck.

Hey Hotstuff, I think I should hire you as a tour guide! That's pretty good what you suggested! You still wanna go dancing this weekend? I don't feel like going to Anchorage (unless.....;) ), The Mat-Su resort has a good country band, or Tailgaters for karaoke and it's close to Mugshot as well...

Being a tourist in AK this time of a year sucks.... Isn't here still some good fishing left? If it is nice out on Sat, anybody wanna hike Flattop? (in that case I would not mind Anchorages' night life.... Eddies Sports Bar have good country band to dance....)

L

LADYREV800

Dec 1, 2007
MT2AK
What is this talk about Tailgaters or Mat-su resort? I'm down for a lil drunken debauchery before midterms!:eek: okay back to studying for my anatomy test

H
Jun 25, 2009
Eagle River, AK
Haha. I'll be your tour guide, Dash! ;).

I'd luv to go out dancing. I don't really care where.... We shall take a group census and go from there. I'm pretty rusty on country line dancing, but I'm sure we could make do. Hehe. :)
now what about food!? ....this gurl likes to eat, ya know!? Haha

and Kara, ya better be down for a little fun!!! :). Miss you tons!! And we gotta get out all that "stress" before midterms! Lol

Premium Features