• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
You are kidding yourself once again with your blinders on act.
What exactly is wrong with tapping communications that are coming into this country from a foreign source? Do you also want the feds to stop inspecting (read tapping) shipping containers that originate outside of this country? This is what all the whining is about with regards to the patriot act.

I'm all for closing the borders and stepping up said survelience. Besides,you fools whao want to whine about this trashing of the constitution nonsense forget that there is a Supreme court that can rule on that aspect of it.

On another note, You who want top defend the demonrat party whether it be the patriot act or the Iraq war need to go back and see who voted for these things in the first place and i guarantee that there are a boatload of dems that voted for it also.

Well our Constitution pretty much addresses all of this. You might try reading it sometime.

Unlawful search and siezure? Ever heard of it?

Supreme Court is not here to write new law, they are there to interpret the current law.

Last edited:
S

sldgy

Well our Constitution pretty much addresses all of this. You might try reading it sometime.

Supreme Court is not here to write new law, they are their to interpret the current law.

Two Words:

EAT CHIT

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id

Supreme Court is not here to write new law, they are their to interpret the current law.

I'd say the courts, bottom up to supreme, have become the third branch that "re-interrupts" our constitution, depending on what 5-4 or 4-5 the supreme court decides on.

I have no problem at all with the government keeping track of communications of "suspicious persons", especially communications crossing our boarders. But law enforcement is lazy. They still need oversight by the Judicial branch. But, if you want to hang this one on the Republicans, look at signatures on the document. The congress had it's chance to kill the Patriot Act twice. They choose not to. I appreciate the pressure applied by the public to keep law enforcement from using the law in unintended ways. Someone's gotta keep them honest. Checks and balances.

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
On a lighter note the Obama jokes are rolling.

Superbama.jpg

B

buck50

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Cochrane, Alberta

is that actually in the constitution??? i'm not being a smart azz here, just wondering, cause that doesn't seem like something that they would put in there?????:confused:

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
is that actually in the constitution??? i'm not being a smart azz here, just wondering, cause that doesn't seem like something that they would put in there?????:confused:

The US Constitution was adopted in 1787 by the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia.
There have been twenty-seven amendments so far, the first ten amendments being known as the Bill of Rights.

Fourth Amendment:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Last edited:
W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
So, what do you think will happen to the sport of snowmobiling if a Liberal wins office??? I'm calling you out on this one! Just curious:face-icon-small-win

Executive order number 1, close snowmobiling in all National Parks and National Monuments. Executive order number 2, fully reinstate the Clinton Roadless Plan. Executive order number 3, close ANWR to oil drilling. And, pass a bunch of wilderness bills.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Yha, you haven't lived through a complete shutdown of a sport hey. ATV's back east, complete shutdown. People keep saying it would never happen. Greenies just wanted half, and half again, and half again, until it wasn't worth riding the 1/4 mile trail anymore, then it all dissappeared. Now the drug growers own the national forests back east.

Now communities are going out and setting up their own ATV trail system. Brings a lot of revenue into a depressed area. Greenies suck, and are stupid to boot.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
The congress had it's chance to kill the Patriot Act twice. They choose not to. -bingo, I thought we talked about this all ready?

Buck, please oh please tell me that was bad humor on your part....you don't need to know the whole thing, but have a basic knowledge of the constitution.

As for losing areas, yep even in MN quad and OHM riding is limited beyond what you guys are used to in the west...and it is small groups and towns that are now creating riding areas.

K

khaddon2110

Aug 17, 2006
Idaho
Buck, please oh please tell me that was bad humor on your part....you don't need to know the whole thing, but have a basic knowledge of the constitution.

why would he?.........are you up to speed on the in's and out's of the mexican constitution?:confused:

S

sldgy

why would he?.........are you up to speed on the in's and out's of the mexican constitution?:confused:

GOOD POINT

When the men on the chess board
get up and tell you where to go
And you just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving slow
Go ask Alice
I think she'll know

B

buck50

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Cochrane, Alberta
The congress had it's chance to kill the Patriot Act twice. They choose not to. -bingo, I thought we talked about this all ready?

As for losing areas, yep even in MN quad and OHM riding is limited beyond what you guys are used to in the west...and it is small groups and towns that are now creating riding areas.
i know some of the basic's, but we don't learn ALL the in's and out's of the US constitution in school here in CANADA. now i know!!!!!:beer;

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
Executive order number 1, close snowmobiling in all National Parks and National Monuments. Executive order number 2, fully reinstate the Clinton Roadless Plan. Executive order number 3, close ANWR to oil drilling. And, pass a bunch of wilderness bills.

Thank you Wade. You and I think alike. Watched Yellowstone close down and many friends close shop. I'm sure there will be more rebuttal come this fall:(

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
The sport will live. It always has.

The sport will always live, but it's going to get to the point where you and I are riding the same likes of Yellowstone. Special permits, only on trails, only stock sleds(nothing wrong with this), "guided" tours of areas we know better than the guides, i could go on, but it's too depressing:eek:

B
Nov 28, 2007
i know some of the basic's, but we don't learn ALL the in's and out's of the US constitution in school here in CANADA. now i know!!!!!:beer;

Well, now you know more than do alot of American citizens that went through twelve or more years of our public screwall system. They have been telling us for decades that they were going to give us quality education but, they also said that it was going to take mo and while they got mo the still don't deliver and keep whining for mo.

Mo money, mo money, mo money, mo money.................................................................................so, the next time you hear some one promise free "healthcare" just think social security, medicaid, protecting our borders from illegal entry, public screwalls etc.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN

My bad, i didn't look at see you were a Canuck....let me get my foot out of my mouth now.:eek:

Premium Features