• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Khaos track changes/modifications.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
how about the 3.2? probably not playful enough for you guys but I have been searching for threads about it and not finding much. what's up with SW anyways? where's all the threads in the mountain section and modified section?
don't mean to hijack, just got the summer itch, thinking of trying something else in place of my 3" PC 162. Its a beast for climbing/pow, just not the best at descent control. I like the idea of the proven 3 stagger saw tooth lugs, just don't wanna give up any go in the deep days or climbing. I read more stuff about the 3.2 before I was actually interested in one, now its like the threads disappeared. The impression I had was that its actually stiffer than the 3.0 and handles set up snow fine, but now I can't find those threads. please PM me if you have had a 3.2 so I can pick your brain... sorry if I'm off topic here.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
how about the 3.2? probably not playful enough for you guys but I have been searching for threads about it and not finding much. what's up with SW anyways? where's all the threads in the mountain section and modified section?
don't mean to hijack, just got the summer itch, thinking of trying something else in place of my 3" PC 162. Its a beast for climbing/pow, just not the best at descent control. I like the idea of the proven 3 stagger saw tooth lugs, just don't wanna give up any go in the deep days or climbing. I read more stuff about the 3.2 before I was actually interested in one, now its like the threads disappeared. The impression I had was that its actually stiffer than the 3.0 and handles set up snow fine, but now I can't find those threads. please PM me if you have had a 3.2 so I can pick your brain... sorry if I'm off topic here.
3.2 is not a great option on the axys platform. I know clearance is super tight on them (like 1/8") in the tight spot and they have a habit of creating major dragin the wrong scenarios.

Tony ( TRS ) has mentioned people running them suddenly start having major belt life issues etc which he attributed to lack of clearance creating intense drag/load all the time.

I think SCOTT ran one as well he might chime back in.

Reactions: sno*jet

Ricks 32

Premium Member
Aug 26, 2008
Idaho

I've used both the Camso 3.2 and the Camso X3 on my turbo Axys's. In my experience, the 3.2 is great in really deep powder. It's lighter than the X3 (clipped every other window) and it gets on top of the snow super fast. I don't feel the 3.2 is as versatile as the X3. The X3 does weigh more, but I feel the performance in the moderate and more set up snow conditions is much better than the 3.2. The 3.2 would spin and search for bite in the set up snow and it doesn't put snow on the coolers so my sled would run hot.
The X3 is much better in the marginal snow. The X3 is also an excellent track in the deep dry powder.

I weigh 220 lbs and I like the lift I get out of the X3 better than the stock 2.6 or the stock 3" from Polaris. Most of the guys I ride with use the 2.6 track as its a good all around performer. With my weight I feel I don't get the best performance in the deep snow that the X3 gives.

I've used the 3.2, X3, 2.6 and Polaris 3". The X3 does it all better than the rest for me. Plus, the X3 is very rugged! For lighter guys, the 2.6 is tough to beat.

Good luck

phatboy07

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2009
We have our Khaos rail configurations just about wrapped up! One more small production run on the mill and its free'd up to start cranking out some Khaos rails for people. We will have them ready to ship at the end of the month.

For those who don't know, we will have rail kits starting at just $395 for both 155 and 163 stretches. We will be offering both lengths in our classic and bomber styles for whatever suits your style best!

Will you guys be coming out with anything for 19 850 163 guys looking to get some more lift/play from a khaos type of upgrade? I find the 163 way to planted.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
3.2 is not a great option on the axys platform. I know clearance is super tight on them (like 1/8") in the tight spot and they have a habit of creating major dragin the wrong scenarios.

Tony ( TRS ) has mentioned people running them suddenly start having major belt life issues etc which he attributed to lack of clearance creating intense drag/load all the time.

I think SCOTT ran one as well he might chime back in.

ya, its for a mountain cat is why I must apologize for piping in.... there's just no active track swap threads going for AC since we all know the PC3" is the cat's meow haha.
so no fitment issues, plenty of room. the PC works good in spring but wouldn't say its great for the hardpack sidehills, and its a toboggan going down quite often. the Camso rep in a video said the X3.2 is just a X3.0 with saw teeth added for firm snow. but there's a lot of contradiction in the threads. maybe there was an earlier 3.2 with straight tips that just polished the hardpack? I love the classic sawtooth 1-2 paddle configuration. time tested and proven.
here's their catalog if interested.
https://camso.co/content/files/1907_PS_BrochureSnow2020_8.5x8.5_EN_V6_Web.pdf
Id be giving the new Epic 280 a strong look if I was on an Axys

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
The Promised Land……..
Will you guys be coming out with anything for 19 850 163 guys looking to get some more lift/play from a khaos type of upgrade? I find the 163 way to planted.

You just need a new silencer........

It really helps the handling by making it balanced.

7d3b72e96ce9032a211442404cac6ec3.jpg

Reactions: damx

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I have an x 3 on my 2013 Pro, 910.
I have loved that track since day one, but I did miss the sawtooth lugs.

So I purchased what I thought it was the next best thing for my boosted 2019, 850.
I put the 3.2 on with sawtooth lugs. 7t drivers in a 3.0 pitch.
I have really liked it so far.
Yes, it's tight, but I think it's got more than 1/8 in clearance then Wheelhouse described. I'm positive that I can remember sitting my fingers in between the lugs and the bulkhead, but I will go back and check.

If I I'm wrong and I don't have as much clearance as I think I do, I have been considering cutting it down to a 2.7 or a 2.8, however I know I will lose my sawtooth lugs if I do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marty UT
N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
track swap

Love the doo track...hope it works well in the axys platform. Ice Age Khaos 163" rails, TKI offset axle and 9" wheels. Bring on the snow!

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Would the doo 165 fit with out the offset axle and 9" wheels? How did you cut the track to 15" ? I really wanted to try the doo 165 but it's $1900 cnd. ��

Last edited:
N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
doo track

You might be able to get away with a set back axle and stock wheels. Tom could answer that question. I had tracks USA cut the track down.

Would the doo 165 fit with out the offset axle and 9" wheels? How did you cut the track to 15" ? I really wanted to try the doo 165 but it's $1900 cnd. ��

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I have an x 3 on my 2013 Pro, 910.
I have loved that track since day one, but I did miss the sawtooth lugs.

So I purchased what I thought it was the next best thing for my boosted 2019, 850.
I put the 3.2 on with sawtooth lugs. 7t drivers in a 3.0 pitch.
I have really liked it so far.
Yes, it's tight, but I think it's got more than 1/8 in clearance then Wheelhouse described. I'm positive that I can remember sitting my fingers in between the lugs and the bulkhead, but I will go back and check.

If I I'm wrong and I don't have as much clearance as I think I do, I have been considering cutting it down to a 2.7 or a 2.8, however I know I will lose my sawtooth lugs if I do that.
Would you mind to post a pic of the 3.2 with sawtooth lugs? I didn’t know the 3.2 came with saw tooth lugs. This is cool.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
The 3.2 is on camso web sit if know one post a picture of it.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I can’t believe anyone even considers putting a doo track on an axys. They trench terribly and come apart faster than the axys track.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
The doo track works very good in my riding area.

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Anybody have a front track shock figured out for the Khaos conversion?

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
I can’t believe anyone even considers putting a doo track on an axys. They trench terribly and come apart faster than the axys track.
I would blame the sled design more than the track. If axys can run that track an perform as an axys

Premium Features