• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Information on AK Snowester Passes Away in Petesville

S

schu

Nov 26, 2007
Houston, AK
I would donate as well and I think some co-workers would chip in, who wants to call the lodge and coordinate?

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Terrible news and our prayers to the family. :rose::rose::rose:

I would be happy to donate toward a defib for the roadhouse. It would be a great place to have one. Someone may want to contact them to see if they would be willing to have one there in case this would happen again.

Maybe someone could setup a paypal account for donations to be sent to and purchase one when there is enough in donations to get one? I have seen the paypal accounts for this type of donation before.

S

schu

Nov 26, 2007
Houston, AK
I talked to the company (we both work for the same outfit) and they said they would generously give half of the cost of an AED and since we purchase those for all of our service trucks would be able to get a good deal on one.

I'll call the lodge and make sure they are on board, then setup a paypal account for donations. I don't think it would be hard to get the rest of the money together.

Thanks to all of you for your support, I mentioned to Eric's wife that this was in the works and I'll talk to her more about it this week.

Also, the service is in Anchorage on Saturday. If you would like details on location and times please pm me.

schu

My prayers and thoughts are with his family. I did not know Eric, but he definitely sounds like a stand up fellow snowester.

I would be glad to donate as well. I ride out there a lot and this definently makes me wonder what I would do if this happened to my best riding partner, my Dad.

Also could training be arranged so we as riders are prepared for medical issues that arise while riding? Maybe a forum cpr class?

Crash!!!

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
Let me know were to send donation. Also is there a fund set up for the family?

Jason

S

schu

Nov 26, 2007
Houston, AK
Right now I'm waiting to get in touch with the lodge owners to see about donating the AED. Once that is confirmed I'll setup a donation account. The money that comes in will pay for the AED first, then the rest will go to his wife.

In the mean time I've been asked to say a few words on Saturday. Any of you that have meet Eric want to pass me some things to say? I'm going to write it all down otherwise I won't make it.

schu

A
Oct 9, 2008
I talked to the company (we both work for the same outfit) and they said they would generously give half of the cost of an AED and since we purchase those for all of our service trucks would be able to get a good deal on one.

I'll call the lodge and make sure they are on board, then setup a paypal account for donations. I don't think it would be hard to get the rest of the money together.

schu

Awesome! Glad to see this happening. :beer;

D
Dec 9, 2007
Palmer,Alaska
Maybe we should also check with Kenny Creek Lodge and see if they need one.. They are closer to alot of the areas I roam.. Both locations would be nice if we get enough participation...

S

schu

Nov 26, 2007
Houston, AK
I was finally able to get in touch with the lodge and they are excited to get one of these. Also, I talked to the company and they have agreed to donate the entire unit. Once I get my hands on it, I'll hand deliver it to the Forks Roadhouse. It will be in a pelican case with a cedar plaque on the front that reads:

"This AED unit is donated on behalf of Alaska Power & Telephone to The
Forks Roadhouse in memory of our valued employee and friend, Eric Logan."

As far as I know the family is doing ok, so I don't think I'm going to setup donations at this point.

I'm really thankful for all of those who helped in this difficult time. Speaking at his funeral was the hardest thing I have ever done.

schu

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
Excellent news, after attending annual refresher CPR/AED training I cannot help but notice the absnece of these devices in some establishments. It will be refreshing to know that these will be available to render aid. My prayers to the Logan Family and Friends.

I
Jan 4, 2008
Palmer AK.
My prayers to the friends and family. If it possible i would like to also see if Kenny creek, or even Eureka could get one. Sounds like alot of riders will donate. The more of these we have the better off we are.

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
so i went to kenny creek around 1pm and saturday and they had a little AED yellow sign with a heard in the middle of it . did you guys already deliver it or do they have one already?

S

schu

Nov 26, 2007
Houston, AK
I'm told that Kenny Creek already has one, the one AP&T is donating is going to the Forks Roadhouse.

Stan, will you ride up there with me when I deliver it?

schu

Race

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trump, AK.
Schu, that would be great. Giving a defib to the Road House would be a fitting thing to do in honor of Eric. I am sure the rest of the crew that was with Eric that day would would be honored to go as well. Mike Hobson (AKSNORIDER), Josh (Shorty907), Peter, Mike Rush, David, James, and anyone who's riden with Eric. Schu, when you spoke at the funeral and talked about your initial job interview with Eric, you said it wasn't two minutes into it before he was already talking about snomachines. What got me was you knew right away you were going to have a great working relationship with him, but did not know at the time he was going to become a dear friend. What a great testimony to a fellow man's friendship.

Last edited:
Premium Features