• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Important HayDays 2011 Update/Changes

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Looks like 4 new parking areas. If each area has 1 entrance that is 4 new entrances. Also the roads into the parking lots look to have many routes, many possible spots to turn off the mainn road to get to the same spot. It looks like they will be able to handle the heavy flow of traffic early in the morning on sat. and still have spots remaining for the people who come later in the morning. I do beleive that they have fixed the screw up from last year. Also I do have to say that the driveway into the parking last year was a mess. Not much can be done about that with 2 inches of rain.

Snobarons def dropped th ball last year on parking but I see a fix this year that will get the people into the event.

But there is still no talk of what the cost is at those other lots...$5...$10...$20 maybe?

But the only thing that kind of puts me off a bit is how they keep talking about helping out and making their lot free parking. However then they go and raise the price $5 to make up for it which was the same as last year ($15 to get in and $5 parking). However this year if you end up parking in another lot you will not only have to pay the extra $5 you will have to pay your parking fee at those lots. I have no problem paying for parking but I do have a problem when they double dip on something like that. Just seems wrong to me. I have been told it's to cover the cost of parking. However last year you paid $5 per car and now you pay $5 per person.

If they get $10 parking at another lot your out $30 just to walk through the gate Saturday! :face-icon-small-sho They need this year to go smooth after the mess up last year. But this just does not seem like a great PR move.........IMO.

S

sledfreak89

Apr 30, 2009
Milford, MI
And whats with not sending vendors verification and booth spots before you get there?

Im sure you guys bring in a couple million in revenue for the venue, is it too much to send some verification? It doesnt really matter that much I guess, but it is how everyone does it, youd think the biggest show in the country would as well...

Thanks for any answers.

-Matt

Premium Features