• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Important HayDays 2011 Update/Changes

H

haydaysswaptroll

Sep 21, 2010
www.haydays.com
Will also post in the general forum.

Some important changes regarding HayDays this year, especially regarding swap. I know it seems like a long ways off but it's really not! Especially with sales around the corner..

Most importantly to note, swap spaces will be sold on-line beginning on or right after June 1st. There will be NO cash sales on-site Friday night of swap spaces. There will be NO sale of additional space at the event. So you will have to plan accordingly and in advance when you make your reservation.
[If one HAS to purchase space at the site because they bought for a pickup and showed up with an RV, it will be as a penalty and it will be expensive, probably 3x what the normal rate is. We thereby highly encourage everyone to plan accordingly and make sure they get their spacing requirements figured out correctly.]

Extra wristbands will still be available Friday to swappers.

Swappers will need to have their stuff in on Friday. There will be no parking of trailers Saturday until the evening. Make sure to be there Friday! [Very important for you guys driving from way out west]

There most likely will be no sales to individual cars, thereby preventing those with nothing to sell from 'parking' inside the facility. This was implemented to increase the space available to true swappers.

Swap walking aisles have been narrowed a bit so it's easier to see both sides at once when walking up and down. This will also give us an extra row or two of space to allow more swappers in.

We have added over 100 acres of free parking space so there should be no shortage of parking at the event this year. Parking will be both on the west side of the event and the south and east side, thereby alleviating traffic flow around the event as well. New traffic management has also been approved for this year.
84561-bobbynj66-albums-emots-picture8517t-bc.gif

Entire set of updated rules/changes will be available when purchasing your space.

For swap updates via Twitter, text FOLLOW HAYDAYSSWAPINFO to 40404

or see the website Hay Days Swap Meet

Any questions, feel free to ask..

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
What's happening to make the flow of traffic on the roads in better? Will the new parking help this?

I knwo last year I saw guys in hi-vis vests (club members I assumed) and a cop standing at a 4 way intersection south of the event and they weren't even watching the traffic let alone attempting to help direct/control the flow. Seemed more interested in BSing on the shoulder.

H

haydaysswaptroll

Sep 21, 2010
www.haydays.com
What's happening to make the flow of traffic on the roads in better? Will the new parking help this?

I knwo last year I saw guys in hi-vis vests (club members I assumed) and a cop standing at a 4 way intersection south of the event and they weren't even watching the traffic let alone attempting to help direct/control the flow. Seemed more interested in BSing on the shoulder.

The new parking will greatly enhance traffic flow. There will be a huge lot just west of swap. The traffic plan no longer requires all traffic to be funneled around to the backside. The different locations of parking and the changed rules will allow traffic to come in from multiple directions and not be required to pass thru the same spot. [which is what created the giant bottleneck last year.]
The $5 parking fee has been waived so that should help get vehicles in faster and the driveways to the south side parking lot have been rebuilt. Additionally, 40 acres of parking have been added there as well.

fwiw, only the police are allowed to direct vehicles on the roadways.

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
Everything sounds good. I guess we'll see how it works.
(I was one of the sorry suckers who waited in line for 4hrs to get into Haydays this last year.)

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
The narrower rows have been tried before. We used to have a complete hassle trying to get big items out with the wheelers pulling trailers on the narrow isles a few years ago.

sled_guy

H

haydaysswaptroll

Sep 21, 2010
www.haydays.com
The narrower rows have been tried before. We used to have a complete hassle trying to get big items out with the wheelers pulling trailers on the narrow isles a few years ago.

sled_guy

Lol I know what you mean from the old site. Won't be anything like that. Will still be at a minimum 14' wide aisles. [Keep in mind too that swappers at the new site have much more space to setup and don't need to 'cheat' into the walking aisle anymore.]

jgd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Becker, MN
Clearly the traffic issue last year was catastrophic for many many people. We spent a solid five hours waiting to park, once we hit North Branch. Observed countless men and women wizzing behind bushes and out of their trucks because they simply couldn't bear it any longer and had no other recourse. I hope your traffic improvements are at least a five fold improvement because anything less will still be unacceptable. Yeah, it sucked last year.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
What about security at night? Will there be any kind of improvement in that department?

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I would like to see a distinctly different area for the legitimate vendors &
the swap people.

I like to see all of the new products & good deals on non-current new items.

I don't want to have to wander through ghetto heaven & all the unwanted
misfit items & useless sh!t & garbage.

The only reason I would want to have to wander into the swap people area
would be to visit the plastic defecation receptacles to take my daily dump.

Just a thought.

H

haydaysswaptroll

Sep 21, 2010
www.haydays.com
Clearly the traffic issue last year was catastrophic for many many people. We spent a solid five hours waiting to park, once we hit North Branch. Observed countless men and women wizzing behind bushes and out of their trucks because they simply couldn't bear it any longer and had no other recourse. I hope your traffic improvements are at least a five fold improvement because anything less will still be unacceptable. Yeah, it sucked last year.

Yes it was a CF. We have new permissions from the county this year so there will be a lot more flexibility. And like I said earlier, having a 60 acre parking lot on the west side of swap will really spread things out.

What about security at night? Will there be any kind of improvement in that department?

There will be changes to security as well. Some details are still being worked on so I can't comment fully on it. Good question though.

H

haydaysswaptroll

Sep 21, 2010
www.haydays.com
sure wish you could clean the swap area up some, way too much garbage. i understand it would be pretty hard to regulate but it takes away from people who actually have snowmobile stuff to sell.

Actually this year we are STRONGLY encouraging swappers within their license agreement to make sure that their items are powersports related. If they are majority of something else, we will reserve the right to move them into a 'special area'. Be interesting to see how it goes..

S

skippy

Nov 27, 2007
The new parking will greatly enhance traffic flow. There will be a huge lot just west of swap. The traffic plan no longer requires all traffic to be funneled around to the backside. The different locations of parking and the changed rules will allow traffic to come in from multiple directions and not be required to pass thru the same spot. [which is what created the giant bottleneck last year.]
The $5 parking fee has been waived so that should help get vehicles in faster and the driveways to the south side parking lot have been rebuilt. Additionally, 40 acres of parking have been added there as well.

fwiw, only the police are allowed to direct vehicles on the roadways.

I suppose you will be making up the lost $5 parking revenue through admission sales correct!! Speaking of the admission prices what will the rates be this year just so we have a idea?

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
I have been staying over nite at haydays for the last 10 years and have never had any items taken or have heard of much thief going on!!!I for one hope they don't crack down to hard on secrity cause we have a lot of fun talking and partying with other people. Also we always buy our swap spots early and thought that last year went smooth for us.

Headrush

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
I don't understand how the parking is going to help the flow of traffic coming into the event?

Please address, specfically, the traffic flow.

H

haydaysswaptroll

Sep 21, 2010
www.haydays.com
I don't understand how the parking is going to help the flow of traffic coming into the event?

Please address, specfically, the traffic flow.

We have an entirely different traffic management plan in place for this year. No longer will we be required to funnel all traffic around to the backside. That was the #1 reason for the mess last year. [For example, vehicles now coming east from North Branch will now be able to turn south from Hwy 95 onto County Rd 9 and park in the new lot west of swap, instead of being routed all the way around to the back like last year.]

The south side lot driveway approaches were all rebuilt so if there's 2" of rain again they wont wash out.

Adding over 100 acres of additional parking will also make it easier and much faster to get vehicles off the roads.

Hope this helps clarify things a bit.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I'd like to see a map of planned traffic routes. If the traffic is anything like it was last year I wont be wasting my day sitting in line.

Premium Features