• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iceage ELEVATE kit - interesting!!!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
^ probably so, longer spindles will shoot skis out front more tho. track adjusters will move in a little id think. sure looks better. I want. interested in what ya find on the heights summ8..
18 and 19 are both the same height.
14 is ~1" higher...
Is ur 17 mtn cat the same as my 18/19?
20190405_174434.jpg
49d4ae5dda85fd1e0cb0c5a9f8789154.jpg

reduce

Reactions: sno*jet

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
The new spindles move the skis forward quite a bit. I put mine on one side at a time last night and the side with the iceage spindle, the ski was quite a bit farther forward.

Sure but in the gif the entire sled is moving forward. Just pointing it out.

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
Ask Iceage to build a 141" elevate rail, shouldn't be that hard. Or just swap to a 153" track, the High country uses a 153" tunnel.

have a 141, and a 153 high country, the 153 tunnel is approx 4-5" longer could we make it work with the 153 rails? sure but, it would be tight, especially if it bottoms out. Ski

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Just finished building the rear skid portion today. Instructions that came with for the rails were very vague and poor at best. Like other have mentioned no mention of what to do with the oversized hole for the front arm mount. I pressed one of the bushings out of the stock rail and tried to put it in the Elevate rail. Bushing diameter measured just under 13mm (.512) and the hole measured .501 with a gage pin. Thought about reaming the hole with a 13mm reamer but went to the hardware store instead and bought two bushings that were .750 OD and had a .375 thru hole. Turned them down in the lathe to fit in the hole with a .001 press fit. Also found that there were no holes drilled in the rails for the front bump stops. Placed the bump stops in line with the upper hole the was in the rail and marked and drilled a .187 hole so I could bolt up the bump stops. My question for everyone who has done this kit is where did you set your limiter straps? The guy I bought my 18 Mtn cat from had pulled the straps one hole tighter. If I put them back in the stock location they seem really loose but maybe that’s ok. So if anyone could chime in on what they did for their limiter strap setting I would appreciate it. Also big thanks to everyone who posted pics of their rear skids it was very helpful. Pictures are worth a 1000 words!

• Haha
Reactions: zal

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I went through the small hole/no hole ice age rail experience also. Not on the elevate but two rail sets.
Love the product. They stand behind the product but the hole debacle is like nails on a chalkboard for me.
Will buy again.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Adding the holes wasn’t difficult. Just annoying. For the amount spent I would not expect to have to drill missing holes and machine my own bushings

Reactions: sno*jet

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Adding the holes wasn’t difficult. Just annoying. For the amount spent I would not expect to have to drill missing holes and machine my own bushings
Haha yes! That's what I meant to say. Annoying.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Just bring the picture into the top portion and watch the red portion move on the wall, roughly 2"+ for and aft. The rear suspension will only move in relation to the chassis when lifted, foot print is not changed. I am sure that is why Cat went with the 165 in the 3.5, as opposed to the 3.0" spacing for the 162 track, both have the same footprint on the snow, just less revolving resistance with the 10" idlers and front skid rollers. I bet the front rollers are the best for full load power to the ground!!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Please email us at iceagesales@gmail.com and we would love to help you with shock setup to get your sled working the way you want.

With the higher lift in the front with less in the rear promotes weight rolled back and onto the center track shock and off the skis. Imbalanced shock configurations or other setup issues can (just like on a stock sled) make the sled rather unpleasant to ride.
Any update on the upper A-arm?
Yesterday, I rode a 19 Axys... the steering is effortless compared to my Alpha.
I would love to lighten the effort!!!

reduce

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
^does the 19 ski still have that maga deep keel? I know the trailing edge was improved but I still can't stand cat skis.

Reactions: d1100t

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
^does the 19 ski still have that maga deep keel? I know the trailing edge was improved but I still can't stand cat skis.
It is deeper than the gripper.
I ran grippers on the Alpha. I went back to the 19 cat ski, i liked them better.
I would like to try the Mohawk sometime..

reduce

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
The new spindles move the skis forward quite a bit. I put mine on one side at a time last night and the side with the iceage spindle, the ski was quite a bit farther forward.

Please define quite a bit ? how far did it actually move in inches

E
Aug 28, 2017
It doesn't look like it would change it much at all to me. I didn't pay any attention when I installed my kit as I removed both skis first. Just setting the factory spindle up against the IceAge spindle I don't see it. Maybe it does though, anyone get a measurement before and after install?

• Sad
Reactions: Nextime
Premium Features