• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HORRIBLE END to a great day and a new sled…

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
That said, I also think that’s a horrible design and always weld a nut into trailer bed and run a bolt through a bar to clamp both skis down.
Cheap, quick, strong,

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
That sucks. That is the strangest way i have seen to secure a sled to a trailer. Still had to be a bit of g force to get the sled to flop over from the trailer.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
f2b05395e5f9f64a8c013ebdf30aee59.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Sorry to hear your news. If it makes you feel better, you are not alone.
I threw 2 sleds off last season. Snapped the Superclamps. Insurance paid $51,000 for the repair to the truck and it was really just side air bags and a bit of body damage. Took 9 months due to parts shortage. Should have been written off. Only one side panel damagesd on one sled.

truck.png

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Sorry to hear your news. If it makes you feel better, you are not alone.
I threw 2 sleds off last season. Snapped the Superclamps. Insurance paid $51,000 for the repair to the truck and it was really just side air bags and a bit of body damage. Took 9 months due to parts shortage. Should have been written off. Only one side panel damagesd on one sled.

View attachment 412842
Front and rear super clamps? Or was it just the skis and nothing holding the track?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

D
Notice the sled is STILL BOLTED to the trailer, but the side plate folder over
4316cf1775f7aa61a0c40967079158cf.jpg

Damn Chris, that SUCKS! How fast did you take the corner. I run a Marlon 7’ sled deck and last year I totally forgot to
Notice the sled is STILL BOLTED to the trailer, but the side plate folder over
4316cf1775f7aa61a0c40967079158cf.jpg

Damn Chris, that SUCKS! How fast did you take the corner? I run a Marlon 7’ Sled Deck. Last year I totally forgot to put the Superclamp on the skis. I drove 58 miles from the mirror Lake Highway all the way to my home in Cottonwood Heights Utah. Lots and lots of sharp curves and mountain roads. Even drove all the way up and down Parleys Canyon on I-80 and never lost my sled……. Thank Jesus the Lord. That blows me away, that this happened to you.

D
Several of us lifted the sled and rotated it back onto the trailer, all the while it remained BOLTED to the trailer

W
8e32535c96e0813702b4ae538c9b1810.jpg

I’m sorry this happened to you but….. I can’t believe you trusted your sled with that kind of monkey set up! A man has to be smarter than that. I do feel bad and sorry for you though. Get rid of that piece of **** Trailer.

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Well Christopher, I give you credit for coming clean. This Forum is a tough bunch, no mercy. It sucks, hopefully they can get it back together soon. Lesson learned.

M
Jan 26, 2013
I believe you have received enough unsolicited advice for one day. I will offer you my condolences and wish for Santa Claus to make it right so you can once again enjoy that Ski-doo feeling. Best of luck.

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
I believe you have received enough unsolicited advice for one day. I will offer you my condolences and wish for Santa Claus to make it right so you can once again enjoy that Ski-doo feeling. Best of luck.
I agree. It would be entertaining if all these professional advice givers would open up there archives and let us see some of there f-ups. I know I have a few 🤪

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
I agree. It would be entertaining if all these professional advice givers would open up there archives and let us see some of there f-ups. I know I have a few 🤪
i'll start. i was 15, had just been fishing/diving with a couple of buds in the gulf of mexico and was headed home after a coupla beers and had the family's boat roll off the back of the trailer onto the road. the dry rotted ski rope i was using to secure the bow snapped when hitting a bump and like ole Christopher, I neglected to secure the stern. felt another bump, looked in the rearview mirror to see the bow high up in the air because of the tilting trailer with wheels instead of bunks. it skidded down the road atop a cloud of fiberglass dust but miraculously styed mostly upright and in the lane before coming to a stop on the shoulder. a bunch of friendly cajuns stopped by to push the boat back on the road so we could winch it back up on the trailer. the boat was full of limits of red snapper, mahi mahi, and ling so we gave them all the fish. boat was fine, i was back in the gulf the next weekend.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Front and rear super clamps? Or was it just the skis and nothing holding the track?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Double tiedowns on the back that also ripped through when the Superclamps let go. The Superclamps were old so maybe the plastic breaks down over time?? I bought new Superclamps as I don't think it was a normal situation that caused them to fail. I also bought rear Superclamps now but think the sleds would have twisted out from under them too.

Premium Features