• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gearing of 2021 Khaos Quickdrive (163) vs QD2

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Oh sh1t!! Is this only on older sleds (I saw the rib that needs to be ground down on some to fit QD2) or could I have this issue on my ‘21?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i thought about this. But I looked at the part numbers for that "fender" as Polaris calls it.
It is the same part number for '21 as it is for earlier model sleds

K
Nov 20, 2020
The QD2 lower gear is about 1" larger diameter than the TKI lower gear. There will be damage to many belts this season if guys don't put a guard on.
The QD2 gear also is twice as sloppy on the shaft as the TKI.

I keep hearing about broken quickdrive bolts, I would think that a tighter and balanced fit on the shaft might help with that.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I keep hearing about broken quickdrive bolts, I would think that a tighter and balanced fit on the shaft might help with that.

Any gear that hangs out past the end of the axle will rock as it turns if there is any play. If the bolt gets stressed from this continual movement it will eventually break. Polaris has added a shoulder to the bolt now so it lasts much better. If the gear hits the front of the axles splines on acceleration and then rocks forward to hit the back of the splines on braking it is obvious that the gear would be moving slightly under the bolt head. This over time will wear out some clearance and then the gear can rock and work on the bolt shaft. A sure sign of this occurring is finding the bolt getting loose. The bolts should be checked for torque often.

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
BTW if you have a 21 RMK Pro or Khaos and you want your speedo to read right with the QD2, you need to have the dealer install software update per Bulletin S-20-02. Mine was reading speeds 25% higher than what my GPS was reading.

Premium Features