• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

For those of you that get cold hands while riding...........

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
I've heard handguards help with the wind chill thing. I'll be putting a pair on my sled this fall.

I had handguards on my last sled and I hated them. Got in the way too much.

I have a pair of these CLICKY and I bring them along on every trip, can be put on or taken off in 5 minutes. Requires no tools to attach them. The larger models will easily cover your whole hand and they do help on the cold trail rides.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Hanguards just get in the way and if you ever roll your sled, who doesn't, they just bend.

If you do end up using them make sure youn always use a kill tether. Seen more than one sled go WOT after a mishap due to the handguards bending and holding down the throttle!

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Hanguards just get in the way and if you ever roll your sled, who doesn't, they just bend.

If you do end up using them make sure youn always use a kill tether. Seen more than one sled go WOT after a mishap due to the handguards bending and holding down the throttle!

hmm, good call.... I was planning on putting a tether on anyways, but that's really good to know.

Nov 28, 2007
Vernon
I aint no expert but I checked this cold hand's thing out and from what I learned it's not bad circulation unless you have had some kind of damage to your finger's or hands'
It's called "Renaud's syndrome", it's the thing that keep's you alive when you get hypothermic, it draws the blood from your extremeties, in some of us it's just works too early
There's gotta be a pill for it somewhere
Keeping well hydrated helps a lot but Those gloves look pretty cool, kinda spendy though

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah USA
I had handguards on my last sled and I hated them. Got in the way too much.

I have a pair of these CLICKY and I bring them along on every trip, can be put on or taken off in 5 minutes. Requires no tools to attach them. The larger models will easily cover your whole hand and they do help on the cold trail rides.

2nd on the skinz guards. i had a set of them all last year. they're kinda ugly, but they are very easy on/off, and definately help keep the fingers warm, especially on the new sleds with windshields the size of postage stamps.....:eek:

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
skinz

2nd on the skinz guards. i had a set of them all last year. they're kinda ugly, but they are very easy on/off, and definately help keep the fingers warm, especially on the new sleds with windshields the size of postage stamps.....:eek:

I just put the skinz guards on today, I hate hand guards but I think these might work because I can take them off to go play and just use them for the trip back to the truck. They were on sale for 19 bucks at the local dealer. Ugly but they may work.

P1010072.jpg

P1010071-1.jpg

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Thanks for the link Jeff. I have bad circulation and my hands do get cold. Even my feet get cold :(

that's because you and the palm sisters are way too busy. not to sure why your feet would get cold, maybe I don't want to know.;)

you got that tivector ready to rip. post some vids of you riding this year, give us some lessons!!

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I just put the skinz guards on today, I hate hand guards but I think these might work because I can take them off to go play and just use them for the trip back to the truck. They were on sale for 19 bucks at the local dealer. Ugly but they may work.

P1010072.jpg

P1010071-1.jpg

do you think them handgaurds are going to stay on with that little hairblower looking thing under your hood there??!!;)lol your little rocket ship is going to have them flying off in seconds. you better send them to me.

just checked the website and your price is half of what they retail for. does your dealer have any more??

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
do you think them handgaurds are going to stay on with that little hairblower looking thing under your hood there??!!;)lol your little rocket ship is going to have them flying off in seconds. you better send them to me.

just checked the website and your price is half of what they retail for. does your dealer have any more??

If they fly off they're yours!! I'll check tomorrow to see if they have another set, I gotta go pick up more parts. I was walking out the door today and saw them on a 50% off table!

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
outdoor research

careful with these guys, pretty sure they are a greenie supporter. Quote from their page.

"Here at Outdoor Research, we are committed to developing truly functional solutions for Human Powered Adventure. "

Sound like greenies to me.

Premium Features