• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Climate change

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
When you have so called leaders like this no wonder why this world is so easy to kill.

This train was on fire in a previous town like twenty miles before.

It's not uncommon for a train to throw a bearing that can cause a fire but for this to happen? Must be making trains out of cardboard.

Steel doesn't burn very easily

Ever wonder why the railroad is allowed to uses railroad ties that are illegal in some states to recycle for things like landscaping?

The governor of Ohio is an absolute idiot, this **** show has been put in place a long time running.

Instead of taking charge this dumbass is standing in line because we went back to the stone age. How about cleaning up the water resources now.

Just another distraction at the expense of the people because the only ones that can fix the problem is the government.

Remember when the idea of paying for bottled water was so stupid that only the rich did it?

I don't understand what you think the Governor had to doo with this?

In the days of over-alarmists on every corner, and safety this and safety that up the wazoo, the thought that someone 5000 miles away is throwing a hissy fit about this seems a bit odd?

Reactions: Hawkster

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Maybe so , for some reason that governor made headlines right before that mess, another freak coincidence I guess.

Have you ever wondered why the national guard is no longer used for such situations as this ?

The National Guard is not a direct branch of the military, they where created for quite the opposite.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
So, if this had happened in Pennsylvania or Indiana hours prior or later, then it would have been some other Governor's fault?

What was DeWine in the papers for prior?
Making public carry legal?

No, I have never wondered that.
Actually, I don't know that they were ever used in this situation.
This isn't my area of expertise.

My first guess would be that the people did not need policed, and that the NG is not a hazmat specific team, and that there are other folks that are employed to handle this, both in the private and public sectors.

But since you seem to have an inside line - how 'bout you tell us why the NG isn't used for this anymore?
And while you're at it, maybe tell us when they were used for this prior.

???

You reading Q aggin?

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
The president has no say on the National Guard, the state does.

You did get a good chuckle out of me, thank you, I'll see if I can dig some more up for you.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
1676659422829.png
They keep making amendment to the constitution which rules what the guard is for and that's scary. Governors either have the balls to stand up or bow to the feds for funding.

It's all intertwined and being taken apart bit by bit.

1676659953140.png

The climate activists are coming for the guns.

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Hawkster

IDspud

forum potato expert
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I lived in Erie Pennsylvania and had a three train collision occur a block from my apt in 1995. Two west bound, one east bound in middle, all full length.
Never saw national guard on scene.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Guess the governor didn't think it was necessary, I remember a governor back in the 70's deploying out the Guard during a high flood season. They staged equipment ahead of time for that situation.

A
Jan 21, 2019
Another thread has been derailed with the discussion of Climate Change.

So I thought it an interesting enough topic to warrant a new thread.
Lots of theories and opinions to mitigate or prevent.
I am not a big believer that fossil fuel is a significant contributing factor. I am of the opinion that much of this is cyclical.
Case in point, the dirty thirties had several hot dry years, followed by many years of normal temps.
Again in the mid-late 70's this repeated.
This summer appears poised to be hot and dry as well.
Hot cycles, cool cycles, flooding, drought.
We see it all.
The best and correct theory is we have been and still are leaving a ice age

Premium Features