• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Climate change

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
I think this game is still in the family somewhere? Parents moved the family outta WNY & relocated to CO that spring, but NOT because of the snow. It was for the sunshine instead. ?
Cool looking game!

IDspud

forum potato expert
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I lived in Erie, PA one winter, one gust south of Buffalo.
That winter made the western winters feel tropical.

I was one block off of Lake Erie, when the wind blew off the lake we’d have to go in and out the back window cuz our door and front of house was 8” thick ice.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I think this game is still in the family somewhere? Parents moved the family outta WNY & relocated to CO that spring, but NOT because of the snow. It was for the sunshine instead. ?
That's hilarious , I drove my 340 SS Colt on top of one of these that year, it was almost complete buried from wind blown.
And also it was a complete accident :) honest engine.
1672696217874.png

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Mr. Hawkster:

Re: your complaint about the offshore (?) wind mills near your place:

It has come to my attention that maybe you are not seeing this for all that it is...

Two counties south of us has a big mill farm, smack up agginst the state line.
So much so, that I am not sure that if the mill [that is] running point ever fell over - agginst prevailing winds, that it could possibly be into Indiana?

Anyhow, Mrs. Ox has told me stories of the Receiving guy at a customer of ours down that way.
Seems that he is maybe a card or two short of a full deck. Maybe not a one eyed Jack, but possibly a 2 and/or a 3 card?

So she came home the other day - just before a big storm s'posed to come through, and in chit chat, he tells her that he's not worried about the bad weather coming through, b/c those wind mills just blow it all away. They haven't gotten bad weather since the mills went in apparently.

And then another receiving worker walked in and she said to him that "Joe here tells me that y'all don't git bad weather here anymore?"

Totally straight faced, he replied:
"Oh yeah, b/c of the mills, they blow it all away, yeah..."
Not in a sarcastic voice in any way...

So you see, it seems that you are not seeing this for the unicorn that it is.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Mr. Hawkster:

Re: your complaint about the offshore (?) wind mills near your place:

It has come to my attention that maybe you are not seeing this for all that it is...

Two counties south of us has a big mill farm, smack up agginst the state line.
So much so, that I am not sure that if the mill [that is] running point ever fell over - agginst prevailing winds, that it could possibly be into Indiana?

Anyhow, Mrs. Ox has told me stories of the Receiving guy at a customer of ours down that way.
Seems that he is maybe a card or two short of a full deck. Maybe not a one eyed Jack, but possibly a 2 and/or a 3 card?

So she came home the other day - just before a big storm s'posed to come through, and in chit chat, he tells her that he's not worried about the bad weather coming through, b/c those wind mills just blow it all away. They haven't gotten bad weather since the mills went in apparently.

And then another receiving worker walked in and she said to him that "Joe here tells me that y'all don't git bad weather here anymore?"

Totally straight faced, he replied:
"Oh yeah, b/c of the mills, they blow it all away, yeah..."
Not in a sarcastic voice in any way...

So you see, it seems that you are not seeing this for the unicorn that it is.

In Montana we only turn ours on to blow the smoke back to California. ?

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Can you imagine the toxicity these things release in the atmosphere.

Also note that when there are strong leaders in charge these issues are addressed. The cell phone is a good example, there was laws established that sealed them from leaking, not saying they are all good.

This administration is doing nothing for the safety of people, the power grab is insane.

Do your home work

Premium Features