• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Climate change

C
Sep 8, 2014
Crested Butte
So as far as the Bay of Fundy, the highest recorded tides were in 1975?

WTF!??

View attachment 397148

Admittedly I did a search on politicized Google but hey, that's interesting if the planet is "obviously warming and melting" (But doesn't show that from one or 2 of the most sensitive places in North America)

That's all but a checkmate, bitches, unless there is unmanipulated data from the same time period showing otherwise.

This message was approved by a very sympathetic Google search in the Caribbean! Lmao!

I really would have thought there would have been a substantial change in numbers in the Bay of Fundy or the Cook Inlet, but the only spike has been in the left wing media and their eager followers.
You know tides are a moon thing, right? They go up and down. In Fundy they go up and down alot.
1975 probably had perfect moon/sun gravity influence.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
That’s the whole problem with you clowns, especially kawkster. You see a video and think it’s true because it says what you want it to. Talk about agendas , who do you think pays for videos disputing climate science? Oil Industry maybe? You want to know what’s going on, don’t listen to some talking head on YouTube.

Think about the big picture in the simplest terms. If you light millions of barrels of oil and countless tons of coal on fire everyday for 170+ years in essentially a closed system, what is likely to happen? Excess co2 and methane act as insulation in the atmosphere. That’s simple physics , don’t need some YouTube influencer to explain that to me. Solar radiation enters the atmosphere and generates heat. More insulation, more heat remains. Rocket science, I know….

Who knows what the end result will be? Who knows. Are teslas the answer? As I’ve said before, no. Do I know the answer? Never claimed to. But to deny something so simple because YouTube and your pastor say so is to be willfully blind.

Paragraph 1:

I will watch YOUR video (or Rob, whichever of you posted it) soon, when I can watch w/o being in a hurry.
Should I take it as any value or not - since I'm sure that it is on Youtube?
Does the hosting agent offer some meaningfull assurance of it's value?
Does the financier make the evidence more right or wrong?
The left is somehow different in that aspect?
I'm only interested in truth.

Per your second paragraph:

Well, I am sure that a whole lot more than just that git's emitted. A LOT more than chemical emissions have taken place that would/could effect overall temps. Since your time zone, a large swath of the America's have been deforested. Anything that doesn't have a tree on it east of the Mississippi pretty much has been cut down. (including S Ontario) Not sure how much clearing for farm ground there has been your way? I see farms reaching almost to the Yukon border (amazingly) so I'm guessing that some has been cleared on your side of the plains as well.

Central and South America's have been playing catch up for the last 45+ years that I know of. Argentina jumped right in to supply Russia in 1980 when Jimmy put the Russian Grain Embargo in place. Likely didn't hurt USSR much, but hurt us terribly, and likely the biggest reason that I am a machinist and not a farmer anymore. Argentina on the other hand - they did just fine!

Then there is all the heat that has come from any coal or oil that has been burnt. Burnt wood wouldn't count as it would have rotted anyway, likely creating an equal amount of heat in the end.

Paragraph 3:

You really think that anyone that isn't on board has somehow taken a side since the advent of Youtube?

The religion part - I think that you are imagining something here.... This isn't a thing like black churches in the south in the 50's / 60's. There is nothing un-biblical about Global Warming, Next Ice Age on our Heels, or Near Earth Asteroids. Actually, Biblically speaking, being aware of our abuses to the Earth is certainly a thing. We are called to be good stewards of the resources that God has provided. Use, don't abuse or waste. If/when there is a better alternative, of course we should make use of it. Oil and coal = better than killing sperm whales. The tide will change again one day.

Reactions: RBalazs and CB_Rob

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
You know tides are a moon thing, right? They go up and down. In Fundy they go up and down alot.
1975 probably had perfect moon/sun gravity influence.
But still if this whole global warming hysteria were real you wouldn't have to make the excuse of the moon's influence.

Seriously though, Climate Change is the biggest threat to our society, right!? Obama sez so.

C
Sep 8, 2014
Crested Butte
Paragraph 1:

I will watch YOUR video (or Rob, whichever of you posted it) soon, when I can watch w/o being in a hurry.
Should I take it as any value or not - since I'm sure that it is on Youtube?
Does the hosting agent offer some meaningfull assurance of it's value?
Does the financier make the evidence more right or wrong?
The left is somehow different in that aspect?
I'm only interested in truth.

Per your second paragraph:

Well, I am sure that a whole lot more than just that git's emitted. A LOT more than chemical emissions have taken place that would/could effect overall temps. Since your time zone, a large swath of the America's have been deforested. Anything that doesn't have a tree on it east of the Mississippi pretty much has been cut down. (including S Ontario) Not sure how much clearing for farm ground there has been your way? I see farms reaching almost to the Yukon border (amazingly) so I'm guessing that some has been cleared on your side of the plains as well.

Central and South America's have been playing catch up for the last 45+ years that I know of. Argentina jumped right in to supply Russia in 1980 when Jimmy put the Russian Grain Embargo in place. Likely didn't hurt USSR much, but hurt us terribly, and likely the biggest reason that I am a machinist and not a farmer anymore. Argentina on the other hand - they did just fine!

Then there is all the heat that has come from any coal or oil that has been burnt. Burnt wood wouldn't count as it would have rotted anyway, likely creating an equal amount of heat in the end.

Paragraph 3:

You really think that anyone that isn't on board has somehow taken a side since the advent of Youtube?

The religion part - I think that you are imagining something here.... This isn't a thing like black churches in the south in the 50's / 60's. There is nothing un-biblical about Global Warming, Next Ice Age on our Heels, or Near Earth Asteroids. Actually, Biblically speaking, being aware of our abuses to the Earth is certainly a thing. We are called to be good stewards of the resources that God has provided. Use, don't abuse or waste. If/when there is a better alternative, of course we should make use of it. Oil and coal = better than killing sperm whales. The tide will change again one day.

Where do you get off coming in here with paragraphs!!

The YouTube link i posted is the back and forth between Heller and Potholer54.
Good debate and they go back and forth responding to each other.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
Where do you get off coming in here with paragraphs!!

The YouTube link i posted is the back and forth between Heller and Potholer54.
Good debate and they go back and forth responding to each other.

In re: to YOUR paragraphs in YOUR post that I QUOTED.

edit - sorry - to KIRK'S post that I quoted.

Moon causes tides. Period.
C'mon man

... with the water that is already there ... Good grief man!
icon_doh.gif

Would be interesting to see any charts tho. Wind speed and direction for the previous 6 hours would seem to be prudent fields in the equazsion.

Reactions: CB_Rob

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
Ok Boomer

It was a running joke on snowest 20 years ago. I thought your old ass was in on the joke.
I guess I missed the ok boomer masturbation craze by about 3-4 years, so you suck on that assumption as well. But at least you are honest about being on a roll.

Last edited:

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
Oh, how the omission of 2 letters could change the entire context of the message.

Welcome to Mobile!

Reactions: CB_Rob

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
I got the NMFH thing.

I still aint got the "OK Boomer" thing.

Or maybe it's the masturbation thing that has thrown me?

As for Boomers in general, I missed by only a yr I think? 2 at the most.
If that's all we're talking about...

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
Yeah, maybe the self gratifying thing was something conjured up in my old school world when dealing with these modern day "pussies/ ahem" people who can't deal with shiz without being offended.

Reactions: CB_Rob and Ox
C
Sep 8, 2014
Crested Butte
In re: to YOUR paragraphs in YOUR post that I QUOTED.

edit - sorry - to KIRK'S post that I quoted.

... with the water that is already there ... Good grief man!
icon_doh.gif

Would be interesting to see any charts tho. Wind speed and direction for the previous 6 hours would seem to be prudent fields in the equazsion.

The record tide was referring to the change from high to low, not a record high tide.
Nova Scotia is actually dropping a little bit, the whole receding glacier effect.

Premium Features