• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Climate change

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
I am gunna reserve judgement on that at this time.

Yrs back, I was breaking bush trail on a F chassis Doo. Running point in flat light, barely able to go, and tjhere was a bit of a hill comming up, and in these conditions that little hill was gunna be a challenge in it'self. But in the flat light I didn't see the whoop in the bottom. Likely was a small crick I s'pose.

Bucked me ... almost ... off....
I got the bars in hand and the flipper is still going. Legs dragging behind...
You know that meme about the frog and the crane eh? "Don't Give Up" ?
Sled is still [somewhat] moving, and I'm not dropping the 8 ball yet!
If that sled will keep moving, I'll keep dragging behind!

Slowly I pull myself up - little by little.
We made the hill, and by the time I made the top, I was side saddle. (and tuckered out)

J
Jan 15, 2010
Mr. Kirk:

Doo you ride?

Sure do. 9r should be here soon which is a good think seeing how many Km’s are on my old one. The amount of gas we burn sledding is a fart in a windstorm. I also live right in the middle of a **** ton of really good riding, usually drive 10-20 mins to get to it.

Do you really believe that the earth is a few thousand years old?

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Sure do. 9r should be here soon which is a good think seeing how many Km’s are on my old one. The amount of gas we burn sledding is a fart in a windstorm. I also live right in the middle of a **** ton of really good riding, usually drive 10-20 mins to get to it.

Do you really believe that the earth is a few thousand years old?

I know that you are just trolling, and I'm not going to entertain you endlessly, but I will answer your question:

Doo you believe in the supernatural at all? In any way?
Ghosts? Fortune tellers? Prophets? (Nostradamus?) Magic?

I doo not have blind faith, I have [been blessed?] to have witnessed outright miracles 2wice in my life.

My G-Dad was a very spiritual man, and he had a gospel quartet, and they mostly toured the old folks homes in hopes to brighten those folks existence, if momentarily.
One night, closing in on 45 yrs ago now, he had a vision, or a feeling, or ??? that he was about to die.
He didn't sleep that night, but he stayed up and wrote a song. AFAIK this may be the only song that he wrote? IDK. I've never heard of him writing any others.
Well, as it turned out, he lived another 25 years, but my dad was dead the next morning.
My G-Dad was no Daniel, but he was close... Just one detail missed is all.

Then just over 20 yrs ago now, we had an automotive job that we had been running prototypes for, for the last year. My customer said that they just got the word that we were to be going into production on that in the coming months, "get tooled up". We had many similar machines, but for this job we needed a specific model machine to run it efficiently. I found one for sale in Texas, offered by a dealer in Florida. I said that I was interested, and that I would meet him in Texas to look at it. In the mean time - we pinged our lease companies. We were not expecting any issues with financing at all, and we were quite cash fat at the time (only time during our first 30 yrs) but not enough to swallow this thing whole.

We kept getting requests for "more finance info" from the lease outfits. Neither me nor my wife could understand why we were having such difficulties here...

And then it hit me, that the Lord does NOT want us to buy this! I told my wife that I think that this may be Divine Intervention. After absorbing that for a few seconds, she concurred. It made more sense than any other explanation that we could find at the time for the situation that we were in. So, the next day I called the dealer in Florida and told him that we were backing out of this at this time. He asked why? I told him the reasoning, and like you, I could hear his eyeballs rolling through the phone line. Then he starts fussin' aboot the cost of his plane tricket that is now non-refundable. We sent him a cheque to cover his expenses.

So, my wife is asking me how I expect to produce these parts w/o the required equipment? Not that she was questioning the decision, but where does this leave us at this point now?

I explained that we can still blank the parts off on one machine, and secondary opp them on another. But the job was bid to efficiently drop them off of the correct machine complete, so any [would be] profit of the job would now be eaten up in secondary operation costs. But we should be able to break even prolly. BUT, automotive qty's are a lot of work to only break even on! Who knows, maybe once we are rolling - maybe we can look at it again? I really didn't know...

2 weeks later my customer calls and said that their customer had pulled the order (I have no clue why?) and to stop all fwd movement on this job.
Another year later - my customer was out of business.

Last edited:

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
The Dunning-Krueger effect,
Interesting how it impacts our view on things.

Ive learned a lot from watching Tony Heller's videos, and even more watching potholer54 debunk all the arguments.

Lol, whatever makes you feel better as you need to reconcile why your esteemed leaders and experts buy oceanfront property that hasn't flooded for the last couple hundred years, and probably won't for the next hundred either.

Is that expectation bias, or confirmation bias in play?

Let me know when your chosen politicians/experts are looking to liquidate their oceanfront/beachfront property. I'm in the market.

I'll wait. :)

Last edited:
C
Sep 8, 2014
Crested Butte
Nobody with credentials is forecasting sea level rise of beyond a foot in the next 30 years.

The debate has shifted, most with even basic knowledge are agreeing that the change is real and caused by hunsns and fossil fuels.
It's now a matter of how to adapt to the changes.
And if the need to reduce co2 emission is bigger than the need for export dollars and affordable and reliable energy.
Sure there are doomsday, you're all gonna die people just as there are folks thinking a gas that accounts for only .04% of the atmosphere is irrelevant.
The dispute is in the middle now.

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
Al Gore disagrees with that assessment, and he is a recent cited expert by some on the topic, can't remember which "side" through. Can you help me remember?

I'm about 2 hours from Miami. I'll let you know first hand if it is underwater yet as the "experts" (including the expert mentioned above) said over 10 years ago.

As a reminder, ya can't have global warming without rising sea levels - no matter the level of modesty of slow talking English accented "experts". That'd be like water freezing on a 100f degree day, or ice melting on a -30f day, or a man getting pregnant! Sorry 'bout that! I got off track! Lol! But, hey, if it's a narrative then it's gotta be pitched by the "educated experts". (Especially if there is money to be made to "pay the bills!")

Last edited:

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
Thinking about this more aa I'm sitting here... So I learned to fly close to 40 years ago and aviation charts list airport altitude to the foot. KSFO is listed at 13 msl (mean sea level). Point is that it is down to the foot. I'll do some digging on the way back machine and I probably have approach plates from the '80s saved somewhere. If government agencies are contradictory on their info, I'll show it. If nothing has changed as far as relative sea level my charts will show it.

I'm thinking actual changes in sea level vs runway level will be a tell if this climate change hysteria is a political hoax or not. Or if needed to be shifted to a more abstract newer and better and improved CO2 "crisis" which is harder to prove (or disprove) because the whole "rising sea level" charade proved to be embarrassing crisis for the "expert scientists"

I'm excited! Standby. :)

Last edited:
C
Sep 8, 2014
Crested Butte
Al Gore disagrees with that assessment, and he is a recent cited expert by some on the topic, can't remember which "side" through. Can you help me remember?

I'm about 2 hours from Miami. I'll let you know first hand if it is underwater yet as the "experts" (including the expert mentioned above) said over 10 years ago.

As a reminder, ya can't have global warming without rising sea levels - no matter the level of modesty of slow talking English accented "experts". That'd be like water freezing on a 100f degree day, or ice melting on a -30f day, or a man getting pregnant! Sorry 'bout that! I got off track! Lol! But, hey, if it's a narrative then it's gotta be pitched by the "educated experts". (Especially if there is money to be made to "pay the bills!")
Al Gore is a politician, and misquotes and misinterprets peer reviewed science.
Not unlike another politician that says its going to get much much cooler very soon, believe me.

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
Yup, my home airport went from 4741 MSL 40 years ago to 4743 MSL today.

So the ground is swelling there.... or gasp...

Neither Miami or San Francisco have had to haul in fill to raise their runways that I've ever heard of, and/or sea level isn't going up (or down), but at least we have a ****load of politician and media pitchmen peddling fear that are selling a potential wealth shift. Which is nice.

Feel free to check my thoughts and see if a Google search (or whatever search engine) shows any project where the runway needed to be reworked because of rising water levels.

Show me more science.

Maybe I need a jolly British accent - lol

Last edited:

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
Just landed in Miami on wheels (not floats) The airport is still at 9' MSL, just like it has been probably since initially constructed.

But it's OBVIOUS that the Co2 levels are OUT OF CONTROL!

Premium Features