• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Climate change

S
Nov 26, 2007
Everett, Wa.
Read the articles!

Meteorologist Lance Pidgeon watched the 13 degrees Fahrenheit Goulburn recording from July 2 disappear from the bureau’s website. The temperature readings fluctuated briefly and then disappeared from the government’s website.

“The temperature dropped to minus 10 (13 degrees Fahrenheit), stayed there for some time and then it changed to minus 10.4 (14 degrees Fahrenheit) and then it disappeared,” Pidgeon said, adding that he notified scientist Jennifer Marohasy about the problem, who then brought the readings to the attention of the bureau.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

The bureau would later restore the original 13 degrees Fahrenheit reading after a brief question and answer session with Marohasy.

If Left-Wing Scientists Felt The Need To Tamper With Climate Data, Doesn't That Mean The Real Data Doesn't Fit Their Narrative?
Yes No
Login with your social identity to vote

Sign in
inSign in with LinkedIn
Completing this poll entitles you to Daily Caller news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
“The bureau’s quality *control system, designed to filter out spurious low or high values was set at minus 10 minimum for Goulburn which is why the record automatically adjusted,” a bureau spokeswoman told reporters Monday. BOM added that there are limits placed on how low temperatures could go in some very cold areas of the country.

Bureaus Chief Executive Andrew Johnson told Australian Environment Minister Josh Frydenberg that the failure to record the low temperatures at Goulburn in early July was due to faulty equipment. A similar failure wiped out a reading of 13 degrees Fahrenheit at Thredbo Top on July 16, even though temperatures at that station have been recorded as low as 5.54 degrees Fahrenheit.

Failure to observe the low temperatures had “been interpreted by a member of the community in such a way as to imply the bureau sought to manipulate the data record,” Johnson said, according to The Australian. “I categorically reject this *implication.”

Marohasy, for her part, told reporters that Johnson’s claims are nearly impossible to believe given that there are screen shots that show the very low temperatures before being “quality assured” out. It could take several weeks before the equipment is eventually tested, reviewed and ready for service, Johnson said.

“I have taken steps to ensure that the hardware at this location is replaced immediately,” he added. “To ensure that I have full *assurance on these matters, I have actioned an internal review of our AWS network and associated data quality control processes for temperature observations.”

BOM has been put under the microscope before for similar manipulations. The agency was accused in 2014 of tampering with the country’s temperature record to make it appear as if temperatures had warmed over the decades, according to reports in August 2014.

Marohasey claimed at the time that BOM’s adjusted temperature records are “propaganda” and not science. She analyzed raw temperature data from places across Australia, compared them to BOM data, and found the agency’s data created an artificial warming trend.

Marohasey said BOM adjustments changed Aussie temperature records from a slight cooling trend to one of “dramatic warming” over the past century.

Follow Chris White on Facebook and Twitter

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Read the articles!

Meteorologist Lance Pidgeon watched the 13 degrees Fahrenheit Goulburn recording from July 2 disappear from the bureau’s website. The temperature readings fluctuated briefly and then disappeared from the government’s website.

“The temperature dropped to minus 10 (13 degrees Fahrenheit), stayed there for some time and then it changed to minus 10.4 (14 degrees Fahrenheit) and then it disappeared,” Pidgeon said, adding that he notified scientist Jennifer Marohasy about the problem, who then brought the readings to the attention of the bureau.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

The bureau would later restore the original 13 degrees Fahrenheit reading after a brief question and answer session with Marohasy.

If Left-Wing Scientists Felt The Need To Tamper With Climate Data, Doesn't That Mean The Real Data Doesn't Fit Their Narrative?
Yes No
Login with your social identity to vote

Sign in
inSign in with LinkedIn
Completing this poll entitles you to Daily Caller news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
“The bureau’s quality *control system, designed to filter out spurious low or high values was set at minus 10 minimum for Goulburn which is why the record automatically adjusted,” a bureau spokeswoman told reporters Monday. BOM added that there are limits placed on how low temperatures could go in some very cold areas of the country.

Bureaus Chief Executive Andrew Johnson told Australian Environment Minister Josh Frydenberg that the failure to record the low temperatures at Goulburn in early July was due to faulty equipment. A similar failure wiped out a reading of 13 degrees Fahrenheit at Thredbo Top on July 16, even though temperatures at that station have been recorded as low as 5.54 degrees Fahrenheit.

Failure to observe the low temperatures had “been interpreted by a member of the community in such a way as to imply the bureau sought to manipulate the data record,” Johnson said, according to The Australian. “I categorically reject this *implication.”

Marohasy, for her part, told reporters that Johnson’s claims are nearly impossible to believe given that there are screen shots that show the very low temperatures before being “quality assured” out. It could take several weeks before the equipment is eventually tested, reviewed and ready for service, Johnson said.

“I have taken steps to ensure that the hardware at this location is replaced immediately,” he added. “To ensure that I have full *assurance on these matters, I have actioned an internal review of our AWS network and associated data quality control processes for temperature observations.”

BOM has been put under the microscope before for similar manipulations. The agency was accused in 2014 of tampering with the country’s temperature record to make it appear as if temperatures had warmed over the decades, according to reports in August 2014.

Marohasey claimed at the time that BOM’s adjusted temperature records are “propaganda” and not science. She analyzed raw temperature data from places across Australia, compared them to BOM data, and found the agency’s data created an artificial warming trend.

Marohasey said BOM adjustments changed Aussie temperature records from a slight cooling trend to one of “dramatic warming” over the past century.

Follow Chris White on Facebook and Twitter

http://media.bom.gov.au/releases/374/bureau-of-meteorology-statement-on-temperature-observations/

Any methods used to adjust data are peer-reviewed, and the raw data is there if you'd like to look yourself.

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/data/

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...conspiracy-in-australias-record-breaking-heat

Where are all these climate scientists getting paid big dollars to cover this stuff up? Aren't conspiracies supposed to be harder to keep secret the more people are involved?

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Another fun fact about your hero al Gore....he consume 34 times more than the average American.

f84733f79be9a60e009b431327b6c057.jpg

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
THIS JUST IN !!
In other climate change settled science . . . The guaranteed three foot rise in sea level by 2015 did not happen again last night.

J
Jan 15, 2010
Funny, I remember hearing something about more intense weather patterns, bigger seasonal shifts, larger storms about 20-25 years ago... Driest summer in BC ever after the wettest winter, and "Houston, we have a problem"... sure there have been hurricanes before, but 50" of rain? Nah, it must all be BS, angry guys on the news are more accurate than the view out my window.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
CNN had a scientist on and the anchor asked him if climate change influenced the severity of Harvey.
He said no.

However, I am confident that many will indeed use Harvey as political chips to up the ante regarding the whole climate change mythical saga.

J
Jan 15, 2010
However, Congratulations are in order.
You are the first one on SnoWest to imply that Harvey is Trump's fault!

Um yea, I sure did say that (not)... getting a little sensitive about your orange hero?

The point is the information about climate change 20-30 years ago said we would see events like we are now, the instances I cited previously are a small portion of it. I don't ever recall seeing 3' sea level rise by 2015? Did brietbart make that up to help discredit ?

Bigger swings, more dramatic seasons and more severe storms are exactly what they talked about if you could look past the partisan blinders (again)...

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Um yea, I sure did say that (not)... getting a little sensitive about your orange hero?

The point is the information about climate change 20-30 years ago said we would see events like we are now, the instances I cited previously are a small portion of it. I don't ever recall seeing 3' sea level rise by 2015? Did brietbart make that up to help discredit ?

Bigger swings, more dramatic seasons and more severe storms are exactly what they talked about if you could look past the partisan blinders (again)...

The predicted 1-3' sea level rise is "this century" so either Mafesto didn't understand what he read, or his sources misled him.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
It was merely tongue in cheek humor pointing fun at you climate change disciples who have been crying that the sky is falling for decades with very little of the predictions coming to fruition.

For what it is worth, I detest links, because we can all find articles supporting whichever agenda you want to push.
But if a link is required or else it's BS...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ggwMAQ&usg=AFQjCNHwZej1wVEVKYCMZPHrBeSxOlJNtQ

J
Jan 15, 2010
It was merely tongue in cheek humor pointing fun at you climate change disciples who have been crying that the sky is falling for decades with very little of the predictions coming to fruition.

For what it is worth, I detest links, because we can all find articles supporting whichever agenda you want to push.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ggwMAQ&usg=AFQjCNHwZej1wVEVKYCMZPHrBeSxOlJNtQ

Hmmmm, angry right wing propaganda or rocket scientists? https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

I love how the article you cited says the earth was cooling in the early 2000's when 2000-2017 were all the warmest years on record with the exception of one (1998). Oh yea, NASA satellite data doesn't think Antarctica (or Greenland or the arctic) has growing ice sheets either.

Did you trust tobacco companies when they said cigarettes were safe too?

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho

The trick is being able to tell WHICH links are BS. There's a bunch of ways to tell if a site is misleading you.

Take a read through these:
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-new-american/

https://www.edb.utexas.edu/petrosino/Legacy_Cycle/mf_jm/Challenge 1/website reliable.pdf

Premium Features