• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Climate change

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Well sure, some...

I can hear a train much further than that - depending on air density and wind direction - sure.
And I can frequently hear trucks on 80/90 Toll-road at night, which is 2.5 miles away.

Hawk:

Did you record this at home, or did you go out to the island to record it?
Guessing that you only hear this during a W/SW wind?

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Well sure, some...

I can hear a train much further than that - depending on air density and wind direction - sure.
And I can frequently hear trucks on 80/90 Toll-road at night, which is 2.5 miles away.

Hawk:

Did you record this at home, or did you go out to the island to record it?
Guessing that you only hear this during a W/SW wind?

At home, I've done as much as I can to tighten up the house. That recording you hear is from outside, the house is an 08, 2 x 6 framing. When I first thought it was from the airport I added blow in to the original, it is the same depth as the rafter vent baffles, that would be 4' deep.
The majority of the noise comes threw the windows, Triple pane windows would help that but where do you draw the line? Woke up one morning 4:00 bells and got up grabbed the phone laid back down and recorded the drone for a couple of minutes, it really does **** with getting a good nights sleep and I've been known for being able to sleep standing up so it's not like I have problem sleeping when I need to . Got up at 7:00 walked out the back door and recorded the same noise you hear on that recording.

Than there's days you can hear a pin drop, that's how houses get sold, cancel the apointment if the drone is apparent. That old saying buyer be aware.

It's the constant drone, it sucks, I wouldn't give you a quarter for a million dollar house that is in the wake of this noise. We love this house and have put a lot of work into it and winning an argument with the government backed nut jobs is pathetic.

Last edited:

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Where I live we definitely can hear background sounds across land from that distance that easily…..
I've noticed something with age compared to younger people . My hearing has changed , I can no longer hear high pitched noises. I use to blame it on working around diesel equipment, turbos have such a high pitch that I thought it deafened me. But I've noticed other people my age have the same depth of hearing that have never really been around that while the younger people can't hear deeper tones, I've asked and the response is what noise when it's deep. Just like these damn phones , the younger people have a ring tone that older people don't pick up , it's intentional. Kind of explains why younger people crank the kicker also.

C
Sep 8, 2014
Crested Butte
I've noticed something with age compared to younger people . My hearing has changed , I can no longer hear high pitched noises. I use to blame it on working around diesel equipment, turbos have such a high pitch that I thought it deafened me. But I've noticed other people my age have the same depth of hearing that have never really been around that while the younger people can't hear deeper tones, I've asked and the response is what noise when it's deep. Just like these damn phones , the younger people have a ring tone that older people don't pick up , it's intentional. Kind of explains why younger people crank the kicker also.
Like the chirping of a smoke detector with weak batteries.. m

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
When you claim a heritage of substance living that does not affect one's self , why do you think this administration has put in place those totally dependent on the federal government. The government wants it all and who better than the handouts to give it to them.
1665955169591.png
Haaland promised there would be no more new drilling and that includes anything non native.
This country is in deep **** and it's not gonna come back after November.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Starting to get a feeling the west isn't very well liked.

Premium Features