• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Climate change

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
1664896227361.png

Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC is the parent company of the BNSF Railway (formerly the Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway). The company is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, which is controlled by investor Warren Buffett.

Yours truly 1664896471924.png

Warren Buffett's holding company Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) was granted regulatory approval to acquire up to a 50% ownership stake in U.S. oil giant Occidental Petroleum (OXY).

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Perfect time to be shutting down mines during a recession, Colorado, your ****ed .

starts around 25 minutes

Currently, the majority of metals mined in Colorado include gold, molybdenum, and minor amounts of silver that are recovered during gold mining. Colorado has historically produced gold, silver, molybdenum, zinc, copper, lead, and other metals and lets not forget coal.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I have been trying to figure where this sound has been coming from for a couple of years now because it's not consistent. I thought and was told it was the jets at the airport sitting running , maintenance, but it would go on for hours. Much longer than doing some kind of service or sitting on a runway and the noise would come and go like it was shifting getting louder and quieting back down back and forth.

I've brought it up with many people at the airport and either I would get blown off or treated like I was making a big deal out of nothing. I went as far as recording it myself inside the house and outside. The neighbors are also aware of it but for some reason I seem to be more in tune with the annoyance.

Than I stumbled into a person that knew exactly what I was talking about because he's done work on them. If your so lucky to live in an area that this travels to your screwed because someone that lives half mile away or on the other side of a hillside, they'll never have the pleasure.

They call this technology, obviously some green bitch didn't do thier home work or have to live in the area affected.

This is fire island out in the inlet of anchorage, any body accustomed to large bodies of water also knows how easy it is for sound to travel.
1665892863053.png
Depending on conditions and direction this goes on for hours and isn't noticeable during the day but at night and mornings because those conditions favor .

Last edited:

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Well, apparently you have not lived in a noisy environment your whole life, as I likely would never hear that over the ambient noises in my ears at all times.

Map shows this to be 2.5-3 miles offshore.
You can hear this THAT far away? o_O
Then your hearing is WAY better than mine!

Also - I'm gunna guess that this front fan is broken.

Premium Features