• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Climate change

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Hmmm, maybe the engineers that locate the wind turbines tend to build them where the wind blows?

Sure, when a big high pressure is set in the winds tend to be somewhat calm, but when those systems are coming or going it sure blows. Places that tend to be between typical high and low pressure areas also tend to be windy (hood river Oregon?) That’s why a balanced efficient grid with redundancy makes sense. I know that’s tough to understand and burning tons of coal seems easier, but it’s not 1920 anymore...
Even at absolute best conditions & locations wind is only there 33% of the time.
Sidlines comment was spot on. Here is a bpa tread i use for work, can see how sporadic & unpredictable wind is.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Follow the dots

There can only be one

stum1967

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central North Dakota
I have been reading about the plans for the Lithium mine near Thacker Pass, Nevada. Sad. Funny how the Greenies think mining an area like this is better than gas and oil pipelines, or any different than a coal mine. As long as it fits their agenda they can put the blind fold on. Must be more of those new "GREEN ENERGY" jobs they keep talking about. How much diesel fuel will it take to operate that place?

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
I have been reading about the plans for the Lithium mine near Thacker Pass, Nevada. Sad. Funny how the Greenies think mining an area like this is better than gas and oil pipelines, or any different than a coal mine. As long as it fits their agenda they can put the blind fold on. Must be more of those new "GREEN ENERGY" jobs they keep talking about. How much diesel fuel will it take to operate that place?
Your Tucker Carlson impersonation is getting better and better. Do you have his quixotic open mouth look figured out as well?

I mean you make a good point but you just sound like you want to stir up your ditto heads or Twitter followers. Meanwhile you could just say buy stock in the lithium mining company so you can be rich like me. Media guys like him think keeping people poor and confused is much better for the balance of power.

359c3ab3202af2d7b4c14ec3cc8467ce.jpg

Last edited:

stum1967

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central North Dakota
Your Tucker Carlson impersonation is getting better and better. Do you have his quixotic open mouth look figured out as well?

I mean you make a good point but you just sound like you want to stir up your ditto heads or Twitter followers. Meanwhile you could just say buy stock in the lithium mining company so you can be rich like me. Media guys like him think keeping people poor and confused is much better for the balance of power.

359c3ab3202af2d7b4c14ec3cc8467ce.jpg
More words from Simple's book of knowledge. Now my day is complete. I have been praying for God to give you a brain, but I see he hasn't delivered yet.

Premium Features