• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Climate change

The Airport Fire burning in eastern Orange County CA
is one of three brush fires.

Basically every fire in Idaho went plume dominated today.

Extreme Wildfires 2024

Imagine the military of all the great nations focusing on something like fires, there would be no time to kill.

Idle hands are the work of the devil :)

Our fires are allowed to burn if no infrastructure or livestock are involved. Our fire management teams are primarily local and top notch.
I get that, I would think it all depends on the topography. Controlled burns can benefit many things but if it's heavily wooded that's a completely different story, everything dies that can't get out and most likely it's not even allowed to be cleaned up anymore.

People don't come back , good or bad but wildlife is also no different till it eventually decays and regrows.

My place of get away has fire extinguishers all over the place and an irrigation pump for the lake, I never want to use it.

This is a rotten version, but the pattern is what's left over from beetle kill.

1726092282223.jpeg

The trees die standing up of course till they rot out above the ground and winds come along and start taking them out or they fall over.

Places like that are dangerous, all it would take is right place right time , widow maker.

Because they break above the ground, not uncommon ten feet up plus and they snap hard and fast.

It is also really hard to harvest these trees after the infestation, actually impossible, laws.

They are to be left alone and nature takes it's course, wildlife actually recedes from these areas for quite some time also.

I've see a log cabin built completely out of these logs, it's a different look but it's also very beautiful. Mother nature did it and it was used appropriately.

There are areas that periodically happen for miles and miles but man seems to have a problem of actually using what mother nature has to offer.

1935 DUESENBERG SSJ $5,000.00 original price​

Sold for $22,000,000, including buyer’s premium, at Gooding & Company’s Pebble Beach Auction on August 24, 2018.

Unrestored condition
1727024649814.jpeg
Duesenberg J models were generally available in two wheelbase lengths – 142.5 inches or 153.5 inches – while factory-built SJs (excluding cars later modified by owners) typically rode on the shorter chassis. The SSJs were built upon an even shorter frame, one that measured just 125 inches from axle to axle and was reportedly crafted from an existing 142.5-inch chassis. Roadster bodies for both SSJs were styled by Herb Newport and built by La Grande, and J-563, the car to be offered in Pebble Beach, came powered by a twin-Schebler-carburetor-fed version of the supercharged 448-cubic-inch straight-eight, said to be good for 400 horsepower. Top speed of the car was claimed to be 140 mph, but was electronically measured at 126.6 mph at Muroc Dry Lake in California. With a curb weight of 5,080 pounds and a massive vertical grille disrupting airflow, even the latter number is more than slightly impressive.

2024 Tesla Model 3 $40,380.00
1727026055821.png
No need to assume this will be around for very long, no different then cell phones, once the software expires so does the ability to drive it.

How many EV drivers actually know that or even care?

Saving the planet you say

Climate change is stunting the growth of future children, I didn't sat it gates does.

Perfect opportunity to keep killing, you did notice the pin on his sweater.

Hidden and killing in plain sight.

Premium Features

Back