• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Christ is risen!

If Christianity is bogus, how can you acknowledge satan?

Satan is one of the main characters in the fundamentals of Christianity. Without Christianity he’s nonexistent.

Honest question.

The sinning pedophile has the same allotted punishment as the thief. In either case there are victims. Our culture has graded sins and punishments. We first must realize all sins are equal and that makes us all equally guilty, Now I agree with you that churches must set an example and there are great churches out there. You just hear about the bad churches and bad Christians. And every congregation has good and bad. You must understand that most people go to church, not because they feel they are good, it is because they think they are bad. They feel it is a place to go to get "fixed". In some cases it works and in other cases they can negatively impact the church and how it is viewed.
Or maybe the concept of “hell” was created to keep the masses in line?

The pedophile deserves a much more severe punishment than the thief, they are not equal, not even close.

Religion is a crutch that people lean on when something bad happens. Dealing with death and loss is hard. It’s easy to deal with it by calling it “gods will”. When someone dies and leaves behind a young family, and they say “he is happy and in heaven” it makes me sick because I know without a doubt that they would have given anything to be with their family for even one more day. But it makes them feel better and lets them cope with the loss so they go with it. That seems a lot easier than accepting the reality that someone is gone...

If people feel the need to be “fixed”, asking an imaginary friend for forgiveness might be a symptom and not a solution.

Satan is a minimal construct in the origins of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. You probably think about who or what Satan represents based on more modern interpretations. You should ask yourself why man created Satan as you know it nearly a thousand years ago long after the ancient texts.

Kirk I recognize sarcasm and assholes.

Simple responded with a reasonable answer.

Where that leaves you is obvious.

Simple

I’m asking about your personal reference and understanding of Satan. I understand his part in the majority of religions, including those who claim not to acknowledge religion.

Or maybe the concept of “hell” was created to keep the masses in line? Everything is relative. The absence of God, once you know him would be Hell and if you believe you are a Christian, you are already saved. You don't stay out of Hell by being good, you stay out of Hell by believing and accepting Christ. This fundamental understanding is where non-Christians get the idea that it is to "scare people straight"

The pedophile deserves a much more severe punishment than the thief, they are not equal, not even close. Both sins make you
imperfect and you need to be judged as perfect to be saved. In mans world only is the sin graded.

Religion is a crutch that people lean on when something bad happens. Dealing with death and loss is hard. It’s easy to deal with it by calling it “gods will”. When someone dies and leaves behind a young family, and they say “he is happy and in heaven” it makes me sick because I know without a doubt that they would have given anything to be with their family for even one more day. But it makes them feel better and lets them cope with the loss so they go with it. That seems a lot easier than accepting the reality that someone is gone... Gods "will" may only not to have us live for ever. Who is to say if it is the Devil or if it is God that takes our earthly lives away? Emotion aside even non-believers will say it is natural so they should not be upset if someone dies. The Bible teaches that God is sad when we suffer. Does that make God weak or does he have a bigger plan that he chooses not to get involved even when he suffers with us? The Bible also teaches us that Earth is the Devils domain.

If people feel the need to be “fixed”, asking an imaginary friend for forgiveness might be a symptom and not a solution. I won't disagree with you completely as we need to take ownership of our actions. The positive in the idea of "needing to be fixed" is that they might realize that they need to be a better person and are at least trying to do something about it. Many would just try and do it themselves and will fail because they have no guidelines and leadership in their lives. To be a good person because you are grateful is a "result" of something much bigger than the goal itself. This is also something many don't understand.

Response in Green. I hope you guys don't feel I a preaching at you? I do appreciate a good health conversation on any subject that both sides have open ears to hear both sides. It can be as much for me to learn, as for others. We could be talking about Covid, Polaris v.s. Ski-Doo or anything and I too will take a side and try to back it up and also hear you. Again we all have a viewpoint based on our experiences. I appreciate others experiences as it gives me perspective of what is wrong and what is right in this world.

My understanding of Satan when I was young and sold my soul is different than how I understand it now. Nirvana can be experienced here on earth while alive once you realize that all the prophets are just men and not divine. They were just creative people who stood out in a sea of normal idiots. Once I realized I could talk to Satan with my imagination I used that mental state to create my own life in my own image. Jesus sounds like a really nice guy who got nailed to a cross by a bunch of idiots. Those idiots have multiplied within modern religion. They wouldn't even recognize a prophet today.

Response in Green. I hope you guys don't feel I a preaching at you? I do appreciate a good health conversation on any subject that both sides have open ears to hear both sides. It can be as much for me to learn, as for others. We could be talking about Covid, Polaris v.s. Ski-Doo or anything and I too will take a side and try to back it up and also hear you. Again we all have a viewpoint based on our experiences. I appreciate others experiences as it gives me perspective of what is wrong and what is right in this world.
So...”You don't stay out of Hell by being good, you stay out of Hell by believing and accepting Christ.” Based on that you are saying that a pedophile that believes in and accepts Christ end up in heaven? Man, you guys are confused. Simply accepting a belief should not equal justification or forgiveness for anything.

So...”You don't stay out of Hell by being good, you stay out of Hell by believing and accepting Christ.” Based on that you are saying that a pedophile that believes in and accepts Christ end up in heaven? Man, you guys are confused. Simply accepting a belief should not equal justification or forgiveness for anything.
If u truly believe in christ and accept Jesus as your saviour u are not going to be a pedophile u would turn away from that, plain and simple

Would you be okay with hurting someone you love? Assuming the pedophile is sane and knows what he is doing and knows he is hurting someone is contradictory to having real faith and doing good for others. There are sinners of all types that realize their mistakes and repent and can be forgiven but they truly must realize their mistakes and want not to repeat the sin again. With true faith God will know his /her heart and it won't be anything to do with want they say or if they decide to go to church. That all said, the victim and society may never forgive the perpetrator. Are you the same person and do the same things now as when you were a teenager? Are there things in life you did that you would never repeat? Some may be so good they will answer no, but I can't say that about myself.

You guys seem most upset by evil people doing evil things. That is great. If you yourselves were evil people doing evil things there would be much less hope for us to see eye to eye. We are not that different.

If u truly believe in christ and accept Jesus as your saviour u are not going to be a pedophile u would turn away from that, plain and simple
If that were only true. So many instances of religious leaders being pedophiles. Maybe they know something about the truth behind the church....lambs for slaughter and all that.

If that were only true. So many instances of religious leaders being pedophiles. Maybe they know something about the truth behind the church....lambs for slaughter and all that.
What do you think the percent of pedophiles claim to be Christians? Internet numbers v.s. reality? I don't claim to know the answer to this but I bet you think the number is high? Definitely it is headline news when one is called out.

C'mon dude. The church cover up on this has been documented extensively. Thousands of cases known. Over hundreds of years what do you think it is? Over all the religions? Millions of people hurt?

You sound like Maf and his few bad cops argument. It is weak. The corruption is so deep for these organizations that are supposedly there to "help" people. They just protect their own bad people. They don't hold them accountable.

Good try simple, but as always, 100% wrong.

On to the next grasp of desperation.

How's the pedo Hunter, your hero, doing?

Seriously simple, what are you good at?

What do you do?

Where do you find any happiness?

Your answers will say a lot, but what you don't say will tell more - just like corporate media.

Premium Features

Back