• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Burning Alpine Sleds!!!

I think this needs to be back up to the top of the list.

It is that season again and I think it is time for every one to start checking out that crap fuel tank that Alpine is putting out there. Need to make sure you don't burn up. No need for an avalanche bag, just need FIRE proof clothing.

Thanks for the heads up.

:devil::devil:

I like this!!!

I want to thank you for posting this here. These guys have been around the block and I have seen some of their goods work. Impressive to say the least. I can't say I am disapointed I bought another product, but I can say I would seriously consider them for my next 4 stroker. I believe they have one of the best Yammy kits available and honestly have heard very little negative feedback. The only kit I know of any real problems was one that flipped upside down and ran wide open until a rod blew out the side of the block!!!

I am possitive that had absolutely nothing to do with the kit that was installed!!!

Everyone else has had good feedback. Face it... Randy Swenson made a great testimonial. These guys push the limits beyond most and know the good from the bad. I watched the growth of the company and saw the equipment they have. A company doesn't just start with this kind of quality goods, it is earned! I can appreciate the care taken to build the add, which is another testimonial to the product.

I wish these peeps the best in buisiness and hope others see the same!!!

Happy trails!!!

LOL

It is that season again and I think it is time for every one to start checking out that crap fuel tank that Alpine is putting out there. Need to make sure you don't burn up. No need for an avalanche bag, just need FIRE proof clothing.

Thanks for the heads up.

:devil::devil:

Yep... that would be a good start!!! Heard down at the local sled shop one of the guys bought a used Alpine turbo setup for his ride and all the hose connectors and such had melted hoses and wire insulation on them..... just wondering???

I didn't see you guys ask for pics, sorry. I still haven't picked this sled up. Looks like I am going to meet Kevin from KMOD at the Boise show in a few weeks and pick it up there. This pic doesn't show the Skinz front end and the Raptors all around.

Cool

No worries. I've been busy finishing my boat. If the weather holds I may post a little ice riding in the river!!!

Whew!!!

So after this weekend it should officially be sled season for me. I believe the little boat should be done. I procrastinated today and have done nothing. I have had the little rig running for a couple weeks but the small details have been slow and painful. I have lost the giddy up and go and have worked on it but with less gusto.

Well, at least that is how it has felt. I have actually managed to complete almost everything.

Heres a few pics!!!

Last for today

OK so I have a couple pics left to take. These are very close to the last until it can be tested. I believe that will be many months away now. I am going to put a white tarp over it and hope that is camo enough to forget about it until spring!!!

This one will cause me some apprehension all winter I believe....

Well at least until I get a trip on my sled!!!

Cheers!!! Until nest time!!!

Oh yeah... and a slight mod to a buds new project!!!

:fencing:

IMG_2964.jpg IMG_2965.jpg IMG_2966.jpg IMG_2967.jpg IMG_2969.jpg IMG_2973.jpg

OH Yeah!!!

It is snowing!!! Sweet!!! Roads stink but I can live with that. Did some Avy training from Zac Trac's this weekend. They did a great job. I would recommend a course from them for anyone. I finally put the new little boat away, it was chore!!! I winched it into my sled trailer. In the midst, I broke a tie down ring and just about lost the rig and messed up the floor a bit and punched a hole in the plastic tank of my gas powered winch... Did not make me happy is all I can say. Anyway, I managed to rig everything to the trailer frame... I recommend that is how you pull a dead sled in if you have a winch. I got it all done in the dark... finally!!!

Now it is officially sled season!!! I will order a new tank for the winch and start the repairs on the Yammy. Heck I may even go for a short spin on the new Pro next weekend if we get enough for a rip... may as well break in that new belt and the engine before we head to the mountains.

I have a couple new pics of the little rig and I will post them soon. I will take some pics of the Yammy as it is done. I am waiting for a new track (it is on order) before I start. It was on fire and melted in a few spots. If it was a stocker I might chance running it but I don't feel right about running it with the turbo. Anyway it will come together.

Looking forward to some white stuff!!!

Happy Trails!!!

Thanks!!!

Thanks. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Crazy, crazy busy. So glad the holidays are here so I can finally get to work on my sled. Good thing I bought a Pro so I have something to ride. Went to Revy about three weeks ago, snow was awesome and the sled worked great.

Cheers, happy holidays!!!

Snow!!!

Wow!!! It has been a great start to the season. We did our first ride in mid november and then again at X-Mas. I've done some riding here and although it isnt the mountains we have some pretty snow. We have a few more trips coming up and from what I hear.... the mountains are getting blasted again!!!

FYI: I rode another Alpine over the hoidays. It is a last years build and it smelled of fuel. I checked in the trunk and sure enough the fumes were strong around the cap. Thought there may be some peeps who would like to know...

I had my stock gas cap leak on my impulse tank .. I ended up putting a oring in there .. But I noticed gas leaking all over under the seat.. I could smell it. It could have been a disaster.... I just ordered a billet Yamaha cap...

Fuel leak...

Glad you found the leak. Fuel leaks are bad for business. So are oil leaks. Hope the new cap solves your problem.

Take care!!!

And fuel leaks are REALLY bad on a turbocharged engine. They get hot enough to vaporize and ignite engine oil and even grease. Just put the EVO Ti heat blankets on my AC 1100T. Under hood temps are WAY down and there is a nice safety barrier if I get some oil of gas under the plastic.

The problem is that many turbo kits work around the stock fuel tank. and clearances get really tight on some installs. The real solution for the Nytro is to pitch the stock tank, build a proper safe tank, and move the fuel weight rearward.

Yup!!!

Agreed 100 %. Still some kits use aftermarket tanks that are no better. Heat, fuel and oil should be separated.

Thanks for the post.:face-icon-small-hap

Crazy

I hear some of southern BC is getting rain... it's raining here for crying out loud. The season was going so well!!!

In retrospect, I ran an MCX Nytro at the drags today!!!! Was impressive!!! We didn't win but the sled was a trail sled and had no picks or any real race mods done to it.

The kit uses a stock tank setup/trail tank setup. The turbo is in the rear under the seat... and it rips. It was a 270 kit and I was impressed. It ran flawlessly with no tuning. The beauty of the kit is the fact you cannot tune it and it seems to work great. Probably the best part is the fact the turbo is away from fuel and oil systems and tanks.

I would seriously consider one of these and I think they will do a tune for 310 HP also. Sweet Kit!!!

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back