• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best mods for new 2015 Pro Climb 153" SnoPro Limited

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Thanks for the list Catothom. I keep hearing "clutching" but, there aren't many tried and true clutching specifics floating around here for the Proclimb. I will be riding from 4-7,000 feet and weigh about 175lb. I played a lot with the clutching on my M8 and after many different weight, spring and helix combinations I settled on MDS weights with the stock 36 degree helix and stock orange secondary spring. maybe it will be that simple on the 2015?

As far as "Cheetah" bars. I have no idea what you mean. Are they from Arctic Cat?

I see i will also need a manual chain tensioner, unless I can afford a belt drive system in short order.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
The Cheetah bars are from Cheetah Factory Racing. Company started as a snowboard mounting solution to sleds and evolved from there. I'm gonna keep the stock bars on until I bend them. I didn't bend my 15 bars last year like I did with 2 sets of 14 bars.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
He already bought the sled he got a 15 leftover. And i bought a 15 leftover also and i have less into it making it what a 16 is and then some!

Maybe, why didn't you pick up a 12 then, a 15 is worth more than a 14 and a 16 is worth more than a 15, always

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Update.....I have a set up Polaris Gripper skis paid for and on the way.

I also will be ordering a Diamond S TI Lite exhaust can in the next couple days - unless you guys think I should seriously consider another can or single pipe option.

What about a Y pipe? is one worth considering with the exhaust can?

If I do a 36" front end, I will have to research either getting the Cat 2016 setup of the Alternative impact. But...if the side panels already drag, I just don't see this as a huge priority?

Then there is venting....I have never seen a sled with so many holes. I see vent kits that cover a bunch of vents at once. Some that cover individual holes. Guys, I have no idea what the best option is for venting. HELP PLEASE

I found a bar riser (the same one on my 09 M8 with telescoping bars) that raises the bars 2" and moves them forward 1" for $50. Will one of these work?

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
You can get away with a can on the stock mapping but usually need a fuel controller when you add a Y pipe. Just keep that in mind.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Good point Chewy. The same goes for getting a single pipe. That's why I think a good lightweight can might be the answer this time around. It keeps things simple and saves another $500 I was going to have to spend on a power commander to remap the fueling for the single pipe.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Update.....I have a set up Polaris Gripper skis paid for and on the way.

I also will be ordering a Diamond S TI Lite exhaust can in the next couple days - unless you guys think I should seriously consider another can or single pipe option.

What about a Y pipe? is one worth considering with the exhaust can?

If I do a 36" front end, I will have to research either getting the Cat 2016 setup of the Alternative impact. But...if the side panels already drag, I just don't see this as a huge priority?

Then there is venting....I have never seen a sled with so many holes. I see vent kits that cover a bunch of vents at once. Some that cover individual holes. Guys, I have no idea what the best option is for venting. HELP PLEASE

I found a bar riser (the same one on my 09 M8 with telescoping bars) that raises the bars 2" and moves them forward 1" for $50. Will one of these work?

Diamond S can is the way to go, hands down.

that bar riser thingy will only make things worse.

wouldn't do the front end until you narrow the panels and boards.

Reactions: officer farva

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Thanks WyomingBoy1000. I will get the Diamond S TI lite for sure.

I don't imagine there is a lightweight "Y pipe" that doesn't require a fuel controller?

If am holding off on narrowing up the front end at this point, I would be able to afford to do the TKI belt drive. That would eliminate 8 lbs and the need for a manual tensioner and having to worry about if I have an aluminum or steel sprocket on the bottom of the chain case.

or

I guess I could buy the Burhandt boards and try to be able to afford a 2016 or an Alternative Impact front end kit.

I would like a spare belt, what belt do I need to buy? I thought WyoBoy said a "083" belt but, I don't see a cat part number with a 083?

Wait a minute, I probably have a half dozen belts for my 09 M8. Would one of those fit the 2015? I haven't looked but, I thought it was a 046 belt that I use for the 09?

Will a 911 Clutch cover from an earlier M8 (prior to the H.O. motors) fit the new Proclimbs? Also, I just looked at the Thunder Products website and now i have to wonder, do we need the metric or the standard for our Proclimbs?

Last edited:

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
You want the 083 belt. The 084 belt will glaze if it gets too hot then it just drags rpm down for the rest of its life compared to the 083. I've broken in an 084 properly and still get the same result with them. I'm not a fan of that belt. For 1/2 the price the 083 performs better. Who cares if the 084 lasts longer if it just glazes and pulls down rpm when it gets hot. None of your M belts will work.

If it's a 15 you have an aluminum bottom gear. You can run it for up to 500 miles, then I'd take it off. The auto tensioner will last that long too. Just need to go into the case and make sure it's tightened properly out of the box. Have seen many of them under tensioned. And that "auto" tensioner doesn't auto tension at all.

Narrow boards and panels are the first thing I'd do.

Reactions: officer farva
O
Dec 9, 2010
High falls, NY

I don't imagine there is a lightweight "Y pipe" that doesn't require a fuel controller?

If am holding off on narrowing up the front end at this point, I would be able to afford to do the TKI belt drive. That would eliminate 8 lbs and the need for a manual tensioner and having to worry about if I have an aluminum or steel sprocket on the bottom of the chain case.

or

I guess I could buy the Burhandt boards and try to be able to afford a 2016 or an Alternative Impact front end kit.

I would like a spare belt, what belt do I need to buy? I thought WyoBoy said a "083" belt but, I don't see a cat part number with a 083?

Wait a minute, I probably have a half dozen belts for my 09 M8. Would one of those fit the 2015? I haven't looked but, I thought it was a 046 belt that I use for the 09?

Will a 911 Clutch cover from an earlier M8 (prior to the H.O. motors) fit the new Proclimbs? Also, I just looked at the Thunder Products website and now i have to wonder, do we need the metric or the standard for our Proclimbs?

+1 for the diamond s can. As far as venting, get the frogzskins that cover up the two vents in the front of the side panels. Also one to cover up the new vent cat put on the clutch. If you decide to do the TKI drive let me know.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Thanks guys. So, I am looking for a Cat belt part with a 083 in it Does anyone have the complete part number? I haven't even opened the cowlings yet but, is that the belt that comes with the sled?

If I do go with the TKI belt drive, is there a best place to get one? At this point, I am leaning that way, I would like to try the front end stock the first season and maybe see if I can narrow up the front end by using 2016 Cat skis (with 4" of adjustability) before changing the A arms, steering rods and maybe the shocks.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana

There is two versions of the Diamond S cans 'Lite' and 'Quiet'. The quiet is .6lbs heavier but you do gain a little more power 4.2hp vs 3.8hp (lite). I believe the lite is pretty loud. The quiet is similar to SLP's can.

The 084 comes on the sled. I think the part numbers for the 083 is 0627-083.

Order the belt drive directly from TKI. Tom is great to chat with.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Diamond S Can

They only make one now the Quite one is my understanding.

There is two versions of the Diamond S cans 'Lite' and 'Quiet'. The quiet is .6lbs heavier but you do gain a little more power 4.2hp vs 3.8hp (lite). I believe the lite is pretty loud. The quiet is similar to SLP's can.

The 084 comes on the sled. I think the part numbers for the 083 is 0627-083.

Order the belt drive directly from TKI. Tom is great to chat with.

Reactions: Chewy22

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
That's great if so. I had the lite can on my 14. Sold it and put the quiet can on. The lite can is annoying. Loud enough I wore ear plugs. No need for loud cans anymore. Doesn't help anyone's cause keeping sledding areas open.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I guess that's good? :face-icon-small-dis

From this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUm7Yrbnttw

I thought the lite one sounded much better but, the quieter one was a bit cheaper and if I remember correctly, it made a bit more hp as well.

Hmmm.. after learning that, maybe now I should consider the Evolution Powersports featherweight 304 Stainless Steel Silencer? It's $369, adds 2-3 hp and weights 5 lbs.

http://www.evopowersports.com/F-XF-M-8008000-Arctic-Cat-SNOWMOBILE-PERFORMANCE/b/6795843011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fksGX1wFmsU

As far as belts go. The correct part number is indeed 0627-083. Country cat has them for $88.99 and the cheapest on E bay with free shipping is $69.94. Is there somewhere else with a better price that I am missing?

Last edited:
A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
I guess that's good? :face-icon-small-dis

From this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUm7Yrbnttw

I thought the lite one sounded much better but, the quieter one was a bit cheaper and if I remember correctly, it made a bit more hp as well.

Hmmm.. after learning that, maybe now I should consider the Evolution Powersports featherweight 304 Stainless Steel Silencer? It's $369, adds 2-3 hp and weights 5 lbs.

http://www.evopowersports.com/F-XF-M-8008000-Arctic-Cat-SNOWMOBILE-PERFORMANCE/b/6795843011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fksGX1wFmsU

As far as belts go. The correct part number is indeed 0627-083. Country cat has them for $88.99 and the cheapest on E bay with free shipping is $69.94. Is there somewhere else with a better price that I am missing?

Why not run the 084 belt until you need a new one...

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Arctic2009, I could do that but, there a couple issues with doing that.

1. If indeed the 084 belt gets a glaze on it and slips (like other have mentioned) that will generate heat and that's the last thing you want to happen to your clutching components.

2. Trying to clutch for a slipping belt is a pain, if not maddening and if I plan to swap over to 083 belts eventually, why would I take the time to clutch my sled to the 084 belts. The 083 belt is stickier and one thing I have learned with clutching is the more things you can keep as a constant, the less head scratching you will have to deal with. I have chased my tail plenty of times until I sat down and simplified what I had going on.

The bottom line is, it just saves me from having to clutch the sled twice.

Premium Features