• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best mods for new 2015 Pro Climb 153" SnoPro Limited

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
It looks like we may need a parts list or a link at some point.

I also hear a belt drive conversion deleting the chain case is the cat's a$$?

Tell me more?

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
I did the TKI belt kit on my 14, was well worth the money. Get's rid of the chaincase all together.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
TKI belt drive on mine too. Very happy with it so far. Geared my 900 up from 2.62 to 2.52 when I did it so I honestly can't say how much of the improvement was from re-gearing and how much was from the reduced rotating weight. It was a noticeable improvement overall though. Spools up a little quicker (weight reduction) and feels like the motor is pulling harder now (gearing). There was no change in my clutching needed to go up in gearing either so it was purely a gain. Tom says that is pretty typical to be able to go up one step in gearing on a well clutched sled when switching to the belt drive.

Another bonus is even if you keep your oil injection when you do it, the huge stock tank is downsized so you have more room inside the side panel to fill the oil.

Last edited:

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
My mod list continues to grow and I don't even have the sled yet. I am going to need a priority list. Where should I start? To me it seems like the Gripper skis are the natural first step. Then what???????

Also, I want to find a pair of black gripper skis and install orange handles on them. Are there orange ski handles for these skis? Where is the best place to get a pair of skis and/or handles. The skis seem to go very quickly on the swap meet.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
MY List would be

1# Weight Loss

Can maybe Y pipe Can Powder Lite From Bikeman $270 Or a Diamond S Ti can for $550
Belt drive and oil delete $850 to $950
Hood head light delete $100-$400
Running boars BDX Boards $350
Bumper for Protection of Air box MMsports 190

Then HP if needed.

Last edited:

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Thank you mm sports!

I was thinking the SLP stage II kit to save 21 lbs of weight AND add 8.5 horsepower!

The drive belt setup really does intrigue me but, it may be a bit before I can afford it.

Yes, running boards as well but, once again it may be over next summer.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Weight

Not to talk you out of the pipe but just a can will dump same weight take that 600 extra and shave more weight. A y Pipe is good for 4- 6 hp
Oil delete $40
Light weight cover $180
And clutching

You will be happy

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I guess the good thing about getting a can instead of a pipe would be that I wouldn't need a Power Commander to adjust the fuel flow for just a lightweight silencer. Yup, that would free up nearly $600 over a SLP single pipe setup.

How much weight does the chain case cover save?

Reactions: mmsports

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
You don't need a light weight cover, just take the oil tank off and use the stock cover, they are light as well.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Burandt boards narrow it 4" total when done right. You can suck in the panels right with the boards.
I'm running 2.42 gear ratio with 3" and 8 tooth drivers, will work well at lower elevation especially.
2.33 worked great with other tracks but I think you want to change slightly for the 3" wouldn't go any higher then 2.42 for my elevation.
I wouldn't run any other cover then a stout one with brass bushing. (Like 911)

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Well, it really did happen! Yesterday a semi with a 53' trailer showed up with my new sled in the crate. So, I am starting my accessories list. The very first items before the snow flies are:

1. Diamond S TI Lite exhaust
2. Polaris Gripper Skis
3. Some type of venting kit - tell which brand to order
4. Bar relocation/riser - tell me which one
5. Steel Lower Chain Case Gear

Not immediate but, further down the list:

1. 911 Clutch Cover
2. TKI Belt Drive
3. Thinner Running Boards
4. Different clutch weights? MDS maybe?
5. Lightweight Y pipe

What other items do I need to add to the list?

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
45.00 for the snopro 600 manual tenstioner with the Yamaha roller adjuster. Chit can the auto adjuster.
on the vents cat makes a full set of vented side panels, they are light but not as strong as i would like. i would just buy the cat frog skins for the clutch side and put them on with 2x 2" rounds in front of the clutch's also put a muff pot on the can to the front side and put a frog skin over the hole above it. put a cat version of the frog skin over the stock vent cat has to route air to the clutchs and put the pos vent tube and grill out.

Reactions: Frostbite
O
Dec 9, 2010
High falls, NY
Burandt boards narrow it 4" total when done right. You can suck in the panels right with the boards.
I'm running 2.42 gear ratio with 3" and 8 tooth drivers, will work well at lower elevation especially.
2.33 worked great with other tracks but I think you want to change slightly for the 3" wouldn't go any higher then 2.42 for my elevation.
I wouldn't run any other cover then a stout one with brass bushing. (Like 911)

Do you think im too low with the 2.62 gears in my tki for riding low and high elevation. Im running a 2.6 now but will put a 3.0 on when i go out west.Not gonna change the drivers.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Get a 2016 M800 to start with, whole new animal and will be cheaper in the long run because it already has many things you will be buying for a 15

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
My list would be:

- 16 mod front suspension
- BDX lightweight hood
- Lightweight can
- Clutching
- Team Hyvo gear and chain and tensioner from sno pro models
- New skis like gripper skis
- And just buy the cheetah factory bars! Stock ones suck!! Bends for nothing

Premium Features