• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Can for Rev XP?

J
Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon, SK.
You must not really ride a sled, maybe you are a green peacer.... most cans save 10 lbs, which is worth it. Some are not that loud

Really .....
BRP is advertising ABOUT 3 lbs./hp on their new Summits. SO....if the can you are using causes a loss of say, 4 hp (which almost everyone in this thread is saying is a definite possibility)...the loss of 4 hp is like adding 12 pounds to your sled!
IMO, unless you're jetting/tuning AND clutching for your new can (no matter what brand you're using) I think you could be loosing a lot more than 4 hp.
http://www.brp.com/en-US/Products/SkiDoo/Showroom/SummitX163.htm

....btw, your green peace comment is pretty stupid.

Last edited:
I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
OMFG thats funny..............

HPS cans are not designed for altitude. They were designed for lower altitude do to the majority of there customers are coming from ALAska.

Where do you get this stuff??? Majority of customers, sheesh!!!

HPS cans are designed at 5000' elevation in town for where he rides, 8000' and up minimum, Scott rides mainly Island Park, where the trails to get to where he rides start at 7500'................

btw, he Tests his silencers on "White Elephant" near Mt. Jefferson, elevation ............. 10,500'.

B

bailer

Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon
I got a can for an '05 Summit when I was down in Rexburg, Idaho biking in '04. Just picked up a J&T can from sled-x.com that looked the same as that original can. It is in fact the same brand can and came direct shipped from Rexburg.

It is extremely well made, finished much nicer than many of the other cans I have seen, and unlike the others, fit perfectly with no filing, grinding etc. required.

There are pictures of it at the sled-x website.

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
I just put a super Q on my xp. Stock can was 15.5lbs. super Q was 6 lbs.
I really like the sound of it and the fit and finish. Seems to work good.

D
Dec 28, 2007
We have HPS on four bikes 06 800, 06 600, 07 XRS, 08 XP. My buddy has the MBRP on his 07XRS. Our bikes run better with the HPS. He might have some other problems but we run better, expecially with the XRS, and XP.

DooTraxx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Calgary, AB
Where I come from if you are taking weight out of the clutch you have lost power. The Hps can may make a little extra power at altitude on a short pull as they are a "tight" can but on a long pull they build to much internal heat and will actually lose power by heat soaking your engine.

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
Good Gawd...

Where I come from if you are taking weight out of the clutch you have lost power. The Hps can may make a little extra power at altitude on a short pull as they are a "tight" can but on a long pull they build to much internal heat and will actually lose power by heat soaking your engine.

BULL$HIT!........................ So tell us who you work for ???
Must be a competitor, cause your statement is COMPLETE crap!

.... psssst, btw, I had to add pin weight with mine.................. and I poke a long hill now & then ;)

H
Jan 28, 2008
GP-AB-CAN-EARTH
Starting to get a little testy in here boys.
I ran an MBRP on my 04 that was ported and polished. ON THE DYNO (no BS) it ran 143hp. My dyno guy told me he has seen #'s up to low 150s on the same setup. With the stock setup, we ran within 1hp. So here's how I see it. MBRP is 10.6lbs lighter than the stock can. Using the $100/lb rule of thumb, my aftermarket can is worth $1060.
Not to be forgotten is the fact we are running 2 strokers, this engine seems to be incapable of producing same hp or characteristics from sled to sled. I've seen it every winter with similar sleds/same sleds.
Bottom line is cans save weight, but you can't necessarily count on added power. I put an MBRP on my XP and felt no diff. Maybe my butt isn't sensitive enough, but I think 3-5 Hp would be hard to detect seat of the pants. Leave the extra bottle of water at home if it means that much...
(just my two bits)

Premium Features