• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Can for Rev XP?

A
Nov 27, 2007
Peters Creek, AK
HPS Can

I installed a HPS can on my 08 summitt 800 and it works great. HPS cans are not designed for altitude. They were designed for lower altitude do to the majority of there customers are coming from ALAska. Which is mainly low altitude. They arent loud at all. Slightly louder than a SLP can but not as much as MBRP. Great product and the finish on them hold up great. The tests that were recorded from BRP were from a can that wasnt a finished product. They have since then redesigned them and work much better.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Farr West, Utah
I installed a HPS can on my 08 summitt 800 and it works great. HPS cans are not designed for altitude. They were designed for lower altitude do to the majority of there customers are coming from ALAska. Which is mainly low altitude. They arent loud at all. Slightly louder than a SLP can but not as much as MBRP. Great product and the finish on them hold up great. The tests that were recorded from BRP were from a can that wasnt a finished product. They have since then redesigned them and work much better.

Scott at HPS must have two cans, because the one we use in Utah is for higher elevation, HPS cans are designed and built in Idaho at approx. 4,500 feet, thats where they're tested, we have talked to them severel times. when we asked about the BRP test, we were told by HPS they tested it at low elevation, and the can was designed for higher elevation, sorry thats what they said, I'm confused!

Hotboat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT.
Hps

I just put an HPS on my XP and taking her out tomorrow, One thing for sure, it's light and leaves lots of room for relocating tool bag.

Last edited:
K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
why would anybody put a louder can on their sled? for the 2lbs weight savings?

You must not really ride a sled, maybe you are a green peacer.... most cans save 10 lbs, which is worth it. Some are not that loud.

By the way, I have had good luck with the HSP.

S
Nov 29, 2007
Roseville, CA
I talked to the owner of HPS. He told me it made 4 hp over stock at 5000' and said it pulled 200-300 more rpm, and to lighten the clutch weights slightly to make it rev. I bought one, not very loud, maybe when it breaks in?

S
Jan 6, 2002
I talked to the owner of HPS. He told me it made 4 hp over stock at 5000' and said it pulled 200-300 more rpm, and to lighten the clutch weights slightly to make it rev. I bought one, not very loud, maybe when it breaks in?

lighten the clutch weights to make it rev?? doesnt that mean you lost power?? is this reverse psychology or something?:confused:

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
Can't believe this ...here we go again................

One more time,If you ride DOO, the only aftermarket silencer to buy is HPS.

HPS has over the life of the DOO Summits, been in the R&D for BRP, hence, his silencers WORK ;)

08 XP testing showed a 4-5 LENGTH increase by just switching to an HPS silencer over a "deadman" test sled.............. NUF sed :cool:

C
Nov 26, 2007
castlegar bc
mbrp

I just put on a mbrp can and it sounds pretty good. Not obnoxiously loud.

I heard the same thing about power losses too. mbrp is supposed to be the only can that doesn't LOSE power.

Who knows.

It seems alot of the guys from the US are using the HPS cans. I havn't seen to many around here (Southern BC).

Chaz

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
HPS cans are not designed for altitude. They were designed for lower altitude do to the majority of there customers are coming from ALAska. Which is mainly low altitude.

Please enlighten us with your vast knowledge of the HPS can
Facts, Graphs, anything that would help me not lose faith in this
once great resource of open knowledge called snowest.:rolleyes:

I mean it makes perfect sence. Scott(HPS) who lives and rides in Idaho just one day woke up and said. "How can I help the people of Alaska"
"I know with a low elevation can!!!!"

Premium Features