• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Can for Rev XP?

M
Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Ran HPS, SLP, MBRP, and DynoPort on PTek, and 800r's. Just my opinion but i like the HPS, and i have put alot of miles on all of them. Slightly louder than some of the others but i feel like it doesn't rob my midrange. Maybe its in my head, i dunno. If i had to order them from MY experience i would say... HPS, DynoPort, SLP, and then MBRP

Most of the real hard core DOO tuners i know run DynoPorts on the 800r, and HPS on the Ptek

S

snoblinders

its been shown on the old SW a few times, doo dynoed all the stingers and the only one that didnt lose power was the MBRP, its in the tech manual at the stealerships.

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Thing Can

its been shown on the old SW a few times, doo dynoed all the stingers and the only one that didnt lose power was the MBRP, its in the tech manual at the stealerships.

First--stingers and cans are different--Doo tested most cans.

They did not test the "THING"--For his riding elevation--the "Thing" is the way to go.

H20SKE...

S

snoblinders

First--stingers and cans are different--Doo tested most cans.

They did not test the "THING"--For his riding elevation--the "Thing" is the way to go.

H20SKE...

you know what i meant, same fuggin thing, diffrent termanoligy. i know they didnt test al's can (if that makes you happier) but i've seen a few "thing"s that didnt seem to work as good as mbrp on a couple diffrent summits.

and for what its worth, i have a mbrp for my xp, had a dyno port on my 07 800r and it sucked bad, and i had a thing on my rt and it was ok, but wouldnt get another one.

Last edited:
D

DOONORTH

Nov 26, 2007
NORTHERN BRITISH COLUMBIA
Have Run A Quiet Thing On My Last 2 Sleds, 06 Summit 600 Sdi, 07 800 Adrenaline, Worked Well. Liked The Power Curve On The Can As Well.
Al's Can Works.
I'm Putting The Quiet Thing On My 08 Everest As Well.
Everyone Has To Make Their Own Mind As To What They Want.
Good Riding And Good Luck.

S
Jan 6, 2002
used the "thing" on my 06! sled ran strong so i'll probably get one for my XP! whether it gained or lost a few ponies.. i probably couldnt tell!

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
you know what i meant, same fuggin thing, diffrent termanoligy.

You are not getting it---Different things the two--stingers are straight thru glass packs and small volume to squezze the pipe. Cans are sound deadners and generally have passages to control the air flow.

You can use what ever you want--Fine by me.

Things work in the hills--I have seen it and felt it--But you can not just throw it on--You have jetting and clutching generally to change to make the thing work---Performance right--Means changing things to make it all work together.

H20SKE...

S

snoblinders

you know what i meant, same fuggin thing, diffrent termanoligy.

You are not getting it---Different things the two--stingers are straight thru glass packs and small volume to squezze the pipe. Cans are sound deadners and generally have passages to control the air flow.

H20SKE...

exactly, look at the mbrp-straight thru glass pack,and hps too. i know what you mean too like on the end of race pipes, some peeps call those silencers, like dirt bikes cause theyre so small, but same thing diffrent words.

Premium Features